Custom Predator 2 Head

Robillicus

Hello all!

I've been working on this little project off and on for about a month now. I've only got so many hours in one day when I'm not at work. Anyhow, I'd originally wanted to start work on my Hippie suit. Well, as it turns out I will be moving into a house shortly. I didn't want to get so involved in the suit that I'd have to pack everything up and put it on hold for who know's how long. I found myself wanting to change things too much, and that caused me to drift away from the screen-accuracy of it all. So, what I decided to do, was to get all of those impulses out beforehand with a "custom" P2 head-sculpt. That way, I wouldn't be tempted to veer off course when it came time for the Hippie's head piece. Anyway, enough blabber. Onto the pics -

CustomP22.jpg

CustomP2.jpg

The "Buzzsaw" crown -

ChubbyCheeks2.jpg

Buzzsaw2.jpg

Buzzsaw.jpg

NiceShot.jpg

Well, that's all I've got for now. I'm experiencing a plastilina shortage. Apparently, the art-store I frequent doesn't think anyone uses it anymore. That, and their ridiculous price hikes. Now, when I do start on the Hippie at my new place - it will be so nice to have actual ROOM - I'm going to try my hand at using WED clay. I've got too much time into this piece already, and starting over, or switching clays at this point would be a bad decision. My plan is to have it finished and cast within the next few weeks. Oh, and painted too. I'd rather not have to move this heavy lump around and risk damaging it.

Thanks for looking!!!!!!

About damn time buddy :D

Are we aiming for a suit for dragon con perhaps? :)

I am very hopeful that now you have pics up on the lair, we can keep you sufficiently motivated to finish him.

And just like the drawings you put out, i am sure this will be full of character and greatness.

Awesome Rob. It's already looking like one hell of a Pred. With the type of attention to detail in your drawings I can't wait to see what you do with a sculpt.

You sculpt like you draw. Very similar styles which translate to the clay. Consider it a good thing because we all know how well you draw. Now buckle down and finish this! I mean it!

DRAGON COOOOOONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!

excellent start,looks awsome and your planing on having it finished and painted within the next few weeks,can't wait to see the finished product!

Looking great so far man.....loving the crown so far....and the teeth....and round by the eye....and the brow....lol...well....lets just say all of it shall we.
He's gonna be one mean alien looking mammy rammer when he's finished......I can feel it =)

edit:.....I've just noticed some people are saying that you sculpt like you draw...............did you sculpt this with a pencil?....lol

Moah please!

Can't wait to see more progress on this. I will study it and prepare for when I acquire clay. I am astounded by your penciling skills so this will be a treat.

You definitely sculpt as you draw, I can see it in the muscle structure. :p Especially around the eye-to-the-nose area.
I like that smaller mouth, the teeth remind me of snake fangs.
Beautiful work so far.

Question though, why have you worked more with the left (his right) part then the right? :)

and here we go. you are a mad man rob. of course it's gonna kick ass , we expect nothing less from you. hurry and get it done.

Holy S%&t, you scuplt as well!!!
This is one dream coming true.
Totally awesome and keep it coming rob, if it's a 10th of you drawings it will be eath shattering.
Whew,...i fell better now

Ooooh!! I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner. This topic is supposed to alert me via email when a new post is added. Needless to say, it has not.

Anyway, I'd put in an order for four bars of Roma with a local fine art supply shop. So, after charging my card they informed me that not one of their stores carried what I was after in stock. At first, the communication was great and I was told that they'd be placing an order for some. Well, that never happened, and the email updates stopped as soon as I asked to be refunded - which was about two-weeks after I placed the order. I was totally patient and very understanding. However, my patience ran out. I'm still pissed, and I'm thinking about taking it up with my credit-card company if the window to dispute is still open. $40.oo may not seem like a lot of money to most, but to someone who makes ****-and-a-quarter per hour for busting his ass - it's a lot. So - no clay and no money. Fuckers.

However, through my frustration I haven't given up on the sculpt. I've simply refined it down a bit and changed some things here and there. Basically, I just made it smaller. So much so, that I now have more than enough clay to finish it. I will post pictures of it once the blocking is done and I'm happy with the direction it's going in. Still totally Predator 2 themed. I'm going to use it as a "prototype" so to speak; because I've never molded and cast a mask before. Also, I'm gauging "shrinkage" and wearability as well. So, I'm still pushing away.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back