Custom Hot Toys Predator 1 with Berserker body

This is hands down the best looking open-faced P1 figure I have seen. It is as good if not better than the Cinemaquette, and better than evey other statue, prepaint, kit or collectible figure. Narin would probably give you a run for your money, but I don't think he has done an un-helmeted P1 yet. Other than that, no one else can touch your work. I just wish I could find a way to put the head on some of my resin kits, seeing as I don't collect the HT versions, because they almost always screw them up. I can't believe the difference between the P1 and the Berzerker. I know the Berzerker is supposed to be bigger, but that is just ridiculous. Those kinds of ovesights/corner-cutting are why I won't shell out the money for them. But I would have purchased had you been in charge of it. Good job.

I think that this would work well for a P2 mod too.
What are you doing for the netting? ( I would assume that the
HT netting is too small to stretch over this body.)
The netting is small indeed, but I managed to strech it over somehow. I think I'll use it as a temporary and start looking for something else (more subtle and thinner if you now what I mean)
The body itself would be good for P2 also, but it needs some changes to make it more Kevin Peter Hall like. HT Berserker seemed to me to be to wide in the shoulders and his chest was to big as well. Thats what I had to change , I'll upload some pics of all tweaks on the bodyframe.

Guys thank you all for your comments

Dark_spidey you have PM

jaguargod- wow! Thanks man

Stages of progress so far- the body:
IMG_1239a.jpg

"What the heck have I done?!" stage. I've cut off quite lot of rubber from shoulders and chest

IMG_1285a.jpg

IMG_1288a.jpg

New skin and belly added, thicker thighs- start of sculpting.

bod1_001a.jpg

one of the most recent pics.

Last edited by a moderator:
DBOYSLADE: you've got it!
Georgieboy26: we all do crazy things because of one big guy in latex who used to chase Arnold around in the jungle.. :)

Hunahau- thank you very much! As for the head - I'm messing around with the eyes and another version of open mandibles, I'll upload update soon.

Wow. This is just too freaking much! The altered Berserker body is amazing…damn as close to accurate as you can get. Defiantly Kevin, the likeness is unmistakable. Please don’t forget …if you ever deiced to sell this figure. I WANT IT! Putting aside money now..just in case! I’ll give it a great home where it will be loved and appreciated for ever!!!!!
~Estelle

Estelle! PM sent

Here is some update on the head: the eyes are new and they have eyelids now, face expression has changed a bit. There are new mandibles, little more like in the movie IMO because they are not opened that wide. Soon I'll start molding and casting the head, it will be good opportunity to improve the shape.
bod1_093a.jpg

bod1_097a.jpg

bod1_098a.jpg

bod1_099a.jpg

bod1_107a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
dude, i cannot WAIT to get one of these (or two of these :rolleyes: ) heads from you when your done w/ the casting process, it has also inspired me to make my own repainted/sculpted berserker body for my P1, it always floored me that HT made the P1 accidentally shorter than all the other preds, really the P1?!?! that's the one you decide to accidentally shrink!?!!? WTF!!

anyway, astounded at your work bud thumbs up to you if i wore a hat it would come off :lol:

wow. just keeps getting better, your gonna be inundated with requests for this my man....paint apps are astounding....your the predmiester.. :rolleyes: :lol:

This is the BEST 1/6th P1 head out there. It blows away the Hot Toys sculpt out of the water!!! Sending you a PM about getting one for myself!!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back