Custom Batman Full Body Armor - EVA Foam

Again thanks for sticking with me during the process, still trying to get a hang of this
But for a first attempt this is great, I needed 5 "first attempts" to complete my first armor[emoji1], and it looks to me like you've got a pretty good hang of it already

Sent from the Batphone using Tapatalk

Did a little shopping at the local hardware store to pick up some straps to harness the chest armor, 3 different color paints, and some sanding supplies.

I should have this done by the weekend

The pieces for the chest armor are now painted and will be put together tomorrow
20150716_182235.jpg

IMG_20150717_054627.jpg
I am on the fence on how it turned out

Of course I am proud that I could make something like this and it looks cool but I think this might look better in all black

Please share your input

Nice work...looks great! I'm thinking of doing a batman build at some point ;) this is a great example to follow...

That means a lot for this being my first time, as I look over it, it is far from perfect but I am definitely proud of my self for turning foam into what I have now, when you get started, let me know

Hey for your first attempt its going great...Ive not that much experience with foam either but I'm learning...I need to plan better as Ive never followed a template before or stencils lol I'm going to start doing this as of my batman build as I want it to be perfect....

Last edited:
I am changing the gauntlets, they are very odd looking with the rest of the suit. I will be turning soccer shin guards into the New 52 style gauntlets.

Also I am working on the shoulders/pauldrons this weekend and accents to complete the upper armor

Thanks for the comment and I will be adding the first pieces of mesh to the suit on the top shoulder part and the bottom bicep. Next on my list after getting these together are the new gauntlets and thigh pieces

The cape is finished, my cousin did an absolute wonderful job replicating what I drew on paper for her. She is sending it in the mail tomorrow
received_10207486525386615.jpeg

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back