Limited Run Crystal Skull 1:1 - LIMITED EDITION - OPEN LIST!!

However I'm working to complete the run as soon as possible, but as I said, due some problems, this will require more time than I planed.
Thanks for your understanding.
Relax everyone, got mine nearly 2 weeks ago, well worth the wait. His word is gold! I'll admit it, delays get very frustrating but do keep in mind with our current stock and shipping issues.............it is difficult to get supplies required for this project. I'm sure you will be delighted when you finally hold one in your hands.

Dave (#12) on the list. (I think)!!! LOL

Relax everyone, got mine nearly 2 weeks ago, well worth the wait. His word is gold! I'll admit it, delays get very frustrating but do keep in mind with our current stock and shipping issues.............it is difficult to get supplies required for this project. I'm sure you will be delighted when you finally hold one in your hands.

Dave (#12) on the list. (I think)!!! LOL
I'm glad to hear you got yours. Can't wait for mine. Completely understand supply problems, but I've complete faith in this project ^^

It was easier when the list was visible, in the meantime I totally forgot how many people were on the list... :D

In other runs I appreciate also the Status next to the username, saying is something is paid or shipped, etc.

Well, I think a lot of people are still waiting for their skull. Maybe I think it is too early to get worried.

But I can completely understand you. I think there is just a big delay due to all the stuff going on at the moment.

But let's wait, maybe AtimeSidkit will post an update of the project sooner or later or another user will confirm, that his skull arrived...

Hey there. I don't think you have to worry. Mike (AtimeSidkit) told me, that there has been some health problems, that kept him away from working on the skulls.
But that have been solved in the meanwhile.
Now the Russian war makes it hard to get all the material that is required to finish the skulls.
So you see that all these circumstances do not make the progress easy.
But he promised to continue with work until all orders are finished. Hope this helps and give you a better feeling.

Personally, I'm not expecting to ever receive one. I believe the sellers are honest people who just got overwhelmed with this project for various reasons. They've always been friendly. And after trying to get the price as low as possible for everyone, they're now losing money on this project because costs have gone up so much. So I don't think anyone was trying to steal from us. The world just got a lot worse over the last two years, and I understand that. I'm not going to ask for a refund, because it's part of the risk of joining these kinds of projects. I do think they will try to ship everything. But if we continue to see one skull shipped every six months, it'll be over a decade before everyone receives one.

Over the past two years, I've lost $1000 on this, $1000 on the Master Replicas HAL 9000, and almost $500 on the Blade Runner blaster run. It's a huge amount of money lost, and it's made me reevaluate collecting in general. It seems so childish for me to be throwing thousands of dollars away on things like this, when people around the world are suffering. That kind of money could have literally saved someone's life, and I threw it to the wind in the hopes of getting some plastic movie toys. So I'm taking it as a lesson learned, and a motivation to do something better with my life. After all, anyone who has the ability to spend $900+ on prop replicas is doing better financially than 99% of the world. So instead of being upset over lost money, I instead want to be grateful for the stability I have to spend that kind of money in the first place. And if the creators of this project are struggling, then I hope that money made things a little easier for them.

Last edited:
well said, hbw60... this will be the absolute last time I'm funding any projects here, I've already lost $300 on my Rocketeer backpack down payment and I have kind of lost confidence with "reputable" sellers here. I have done a couple of runs here and I have always delivered on time so I expect them to do the same and not getting customers to wait for years. That being said, I was told to "wait patiently for my turn", it's been over two years and like everyone else, my patience is running thin... however, I will do whatever it takes to get my money or product back as my money is hard earned and I'm not prepared to throw it away just like that...

well said, hbw60... this will be the absolute last time I'm funding any projects here, I've already lost $300 on my Rocketeer backpack down payment and I have kind of lost confidence with "reputable" sellers here. I have done a couple of runs here and I have always delivered on time so I expect them to do the same and not getting customers to wait for years. That being said, I was told to "wait patiently for my turn", it's been over two years and like everyone else, my patience is running thin... however, I will do whatever it takes to get my money or product back as my money is hard earned and I'm not prepared to throw it away just like that..
Dear Markpoon, I already said you you will get your skull. You are the last person that paid for the skull and you want yours before the others collectors that paid for it.
I had Covid in a very bad way, I had to fight against it. Then, I moved to a new home and workshop and re-organize all things. I have a little baby (20 months) and who helps me is my wife only because we have no more relatives.
However, I'm returning to a normal life and very soon I will restart to ship the skulls.

I want to say to all collectors that sooner or later everybody will have the skull.

Mike

Personally, I'm not expecting to ever receive one. I believe the sellers are honest people who just got overwhelmed with this project for various reasons. They've always been friendly. And after trying to get the price as low as possible for everyone, they're now losing money on this project because costs have gone up so much. So I don't think anyone was trying to steal from us. The world just got a lot worse over the last two years, and I understand that. I'm not going to ask for a refund, because it's part of the risk of joining these kinds of projects. I do think they will try to ship everything. But if we continue to see one skull shipped every six months, it'll be over a decade before everyone receives one.

Over the past two years, I've lost $1000 on this, $1000 on the Master Replicas HAL 9000, and almost $500 on the Blade Runner blaster run. It's a huge amount of money lost, and it's made me reevaluate collecting in general. It seems so childish for me to be throwing thousands of dollars away on things like this, when people around the world are suffering. That kind of money could have literally saved someone's life, and I threw it to the wind in the hopes of getting some plastic movie toys. So I'm taking it as a lesson learned, and a motivation to do something better with my life. After all, anyone who has the ability to spend $900+ on prop replicas is doing better financially than 99% of the world. So instead of being upset over lost money, I instead want to be grateful for the stability I have to spend that kind of money in the first place. And if the creators of this project are struggling, then I hope that money made things a little easier for them.
I hate to say it, but I can understand where you're coming from.

It's simply too long between skulls which is disconcerting, and too many reasons things don't get done, reasons I've heard multiple times. Absolutely not discrediting the makers aforementioned situations, things happen, and I'd believe them before doubting them, but it always seems with big projects like this, everything happens at once. Everyone but one person leaves the project, the family moves, prices for items increase. Some things are outside forces, but sometimes things just sound too convenient. Personally I don't even recall how many skulls were sold, or how many have been received, and I feel like asking where I am on the list will only serve to slow the process further, and I fear it's simply going to get to a point everyone forgets. Of course if someone remembers, "you'll get it eventually." And of course, I'm sure we all know, paypal has a time limit of 180 days to obtain a refund. In the words of Tote "That time has passed".

The fact disney recently came out with their own version of the crystal skull (not to correct size, and surely not as detailed as this) but it's been a long time if disneys gotten along to it by this point, the fact that it's about a quarter of what this skull costs doesn't help matters.

Still rooting very hard for this maker, and hope to god everything they go through passes quickly and easily, merely stating these have been some past experiences with large (expensive) props such as these.

I am not on holidays, I am making new molds and, when ready as in the past, I will show you the rest of the skull production. Please remember that this is not my thread; at first I was involved to give an hand only; then I have been the only responsible for making them. I think that you understand that I am the only one that is trying to resolve all problems and go on. So, please, I ask you to have patience; I know that someone can't understand the world situation but please, I repeat, this is not my thread. I will maintain my word of honour, you know what the entire world is passing in this period (a covid pandemia first and then a crazy russian war that is bending the european economy). So, if you write with some simplicity: "I don't know if this skull's story will end" try to understand that I work every day to maintain my family and I have a lot of troubles. However, as I said,also if in a long time, all people that payed for the skull will receive its own skull.

thanks, Mike

Hello...

Someone who has the skull at home has invented some led support or something similar to be able to illuminate it...???

I am using a pair of simple LED light strips that I got from Amazon.
20220731_175659.jpg

I tuck them under the skull, being careful not to let the wires show, and it looks great!
20220731_175906.jpg

I am not on holidays, I am making new molds and, when ready as in the past, I will show you the rest of the skull production. Please remember that this is not my thread; at first I was involved to give an hand only; then I have been the only responsible for making them. I think that you understand that I am the only one that is trying to resolve all problems and go on. So, please, I ask you to have patience; I know that someone can't understand the world situation but please, I repeat, this is not my thread. I will maintain my word of honour, you know what the entire world is passing in this period (a covid pandemia first and then a crazy russian war that is bending the european economy). So, if you write with some simplicity: "I don't know if this skull's story will end" try to understand that I work every day to maintain my family and I have a lot of troubles. However, as I said,also if in a long time, all people that payed for the skull will receive its own skull.

thanks, Mike

I'll vouch for Mike. He is doing the best he can with an unfortunate situation. Yes, it is taking much longer than anticipated for some of you to receive your skulls, BUT PLEASE BE PATIENT. He is making sure each and every one of them are of the highest quality before sending them out, and believe me, you will absolutely LOVE the end result; it is definitely worth the wait! These are the closest you'll get to what was shown in the movie. The new illuminated skulls from Disney are smaller, less detailed, and darker. I have both versions, so here is how they compare:

Crystal Skulls.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back