JoeChang3816

Hello.
I am an newbie this forum and planning to start my Iron-Spider cosplay project.

I have made lots of props with 3D print before, and I got a little bit of experience in creating 3D models,
like my Iron-Spider web shooter:

1612559329832.png
1612559377676.png
1612559408919.png

Recently, I got a highly accurate Iron-Spider 3D model from a friend of mine.

I did some research about creating a dye sublimation pattern, and most people suggested creating it with Photoshop.
But... I have never used it before. And I think that method is very hard to predicted the position and draw the shape of the detail "accurately".
For example, Spidey Emblem, armor plates, lights e.t.c

So.... Is it possible that I can create a highly detailed dye sublimation pattern from this 3D model?
Could UV mapping and baking texture be helpful with that idea? (I am still learning about them)

Sorry for my poor English since it isn't my native language.
I would be really appreciate if someone can help me out... :)

Last edited:
You might want to explore exporting the surface into an application like Clo3d or Marvelous Designer.

Those are designed for clothes modeling. You'll have a bit of a learning curve and will need to start with a body suit pattern (That you can then cut in different ways) but that would likely be the easiest path to go directly from model to pattern.

Good luck!

Nick

You might want to explore exporting the surface into an application like Clo3d or Marvelous Designer.

Those are designed for clothes modeling. You'll have a bit of a learning curve and will need to start with a body suit pattern (That you can then cut in different ways) but that would likely be the easiest path to go directly from model to pattern.

Good luck!

Nick
Thank you for your suggestion.

Thats is one great method tho.
I recently have installed Marvelous Designer too, and I am currently learning about it.
However, I am still struggling to figure out how to make the suit pattern warp the avatar. :lol::lol:

1613153852012.png

Thank you for your suggestion.

Thats is one great method tho.
I recently have installed Marvelous Designer too, and I am currently learning about it.
However, I am still struggling to figure out how to make the suit pattern warp the avatar. :lol::lol:

View attachment 1424815
Lol, it takes a little bit of effort, but you have to use the layout editor (I forget what it's called) to tell the fabric how it should be aligned with the body.

Then make sure your fabric has enough stretch in it to accommodate the layout.

It's a slow but steady process. Marvelous Designer and Clo3D have nearly identical interfaces so tutorials online for one will usually work for the other.

Good luck!
Nick

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back