Cowboy Bebop Spike Spiegels Jericho .941 build

p0rtalman

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone, it's been a long time since I've posted anything on The RPF but its great to be back. Since I last did anything more than lurk here I've acquired a few years working on some pretty amazing projects within the film industry - its been super fun to watch some of you recreate things I've made for the films :p So I'm going to put some of those skills to good use and hopefully share some pro tips while I make one of my dream props. With the live action Cowboy Bebop coming out (and the trailer looking dope) what better time than now to get this done.

Spike Spiegels Jericho .941 from Cowboy Bebop. Replicas do already exist but as far as I'm aware are limited to the Poseidon model and a few grips to modify airsoft or real weapons - I'll be making a static resin replica with rubber grips, perfect for display or for cosplay - as close to the anime version as possible, but if the Live action version is vastly different, I will probably do that version too!
I did once attempt this when I was in uni, while I made a passable replica my dimensions where off and it wasn't perfect. I'm looking forward to comparing the two side by side at the end of this project.

I'm not brilliant with the 3D modelling side of things, my skills are more from print to finished object, so I've outsourced that to a friend of mine from the early days of the 405th, Corellia Creations. He's done a fantastic job modelling up the Jericho, its not completely finished but I couldn't resist posting some pictures to get this build thread started.

As soon as I've got the finished model I will be doing a test print on my CR6-se, but last night I ordered a Creality LD-006 to print the master I'll be moulding from.

Assuming this project goes well, I will be doing a run of these.

I'll keep you space cowboys updated (y)

Attachments

• Jericho first pics 1.jpg
    Jericho first pics 1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 166
  • Jericho first pics 2.png
    Jericho first pics 2.png
    196.7 KB · Views: 251
  • Jericho first pics 3.png
    Jericho first pics 3.png
    347.9 KB · Views: 127
  • Jericho first pics 4.png
    Jericho first pics 4.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 160
Looking forward to seeing your progress! I've been contemplating picking up one of the airsoft "baby eagles" and having a go myself.

Update!
Received these files today, just having them fix up the grip on the left side, but I've started printing the main body. My LD-006 arrived yesterday and worked a treat right out of the box. Currently half way through the print.

I have deliberately left out serial numbers as a just in case - replica firearms even non-functional ones in my country can be a tricky legal area so this is a conscious choice. If I decide to add them later I'll probably laser etch them into the master.

Attachments

• 257968778_259444586234910_6846082205866343244_n.jpg
    257968778_259444586234910_6846082205866343244_n.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 187
  • gun.2136 (1).jpg
    gun.2136 (1).jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 474
  • gun.2134 (1).jpg
    gun.2134 (1).jpg
    322.2 KB · Views: 230
Who's enjoying the Netflix series so far? I'm loving it

As far as I can tell Spikes using a stock standard Jericho in the live action. So I probably won't be doing a live action version of the Jericho.

I have finished the print but I'm having some issues with resin still leaking out of the hollow print so I might reprint in solid before I put pics up.

Been very busy printing and test fitting. Still making changes to the 3D files but its coming along nicely.
I've got a bit of work to do on the grips to get them to fit, the underneath isn't perfectly level from the supports for printing so a bit of fixing up. Some of the greblies I'll fix up with some traditional model making.

Attachments

• 20211121_164440.jpg
    20211121_164440.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 236
  • 20211121_171421.jpg
    20211121_171421.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 155
  • 20211121_171429.jpg
    20211121_171429.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 139
  • 20211121_171444.jpg
    20211121_171444.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 132
  • 20211121_181122.jpg
    20211121_181122.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 152
Very nice replica, I worked in the prop department of season 1, so I got to have fun cutting out and painting a bit of the stunt guns, including Spikes, I also held and got to fire the real deal used for the show, the gun is a direct match to not only the anime, it's impossible to get even as an airsoft gun, we had bought the last one ever made from Japan and had to have it imported, I hung around in the armoury area cause I was also an extra in the show for one episode, so I got to see the cast, and all the weapons we had used for the majority of season 1. For Spike we had 2 soft rubbers and 1 hard rubbers for stunts as well as the hero gun, they had to make more, but they didn't have the original painter do the work, so they turned out **** compared to the hard rubber version I did some of the priming paint for

Very nice replica, I worked in the prop department of season 1, so I got to have fun cutting out and painting a bit of the stunt guns, including Spikes, I also held and got to fire the real deal used for the show, the gun is a direct match to not only the anime, it's impossible to get even as an airsoft gun, we had bought the last one ever made from Japan and had to have it imported, I hung around in the armoury area cause I was also an extra in the show for one episode, so I got to see the cast, and all the weapons we had used for the majority of season 1. For Spike we had 2 soft rubbers and 1 hard rubbers for stunts as well as the hero gun, they had to make more, but they didn't have the original painter do the work, so they turned out **** compared to the hard rubber version I did some of the priming paint for
Thanks mate! Nice work in the prop department. I'm still fantasising about coming to NZ for some work when I've recovered from my shoulder injury.

The model they got from Japan - Was it the Posiden model or just an airsoft Jericho they moulded the stunts from? As far as I can tell you guys used a standard Jericho, the anime version has different grips and the laser pointer sorta thing on the side.

Thanks mate! Nice work in the prop department. I'm still fantasising about coming to NZ for some work when I've recovered from my shoulder injury.

The model they got from Japan - Was it the Posiden model or just an airsoft Jericho they moulded the stunts from? As far as I can tell you guys used a standard Jericho, the anime version has different grips and the laser pointer sorta thing on the side.
We didn't use an Airsoft Jericho, we got the real deal from Japan, it had the grips changed if I remember right, and was converted to blank firing, we casted the stunt guns directly from it, I have some pics I snapped when I had cut out the solid rubber stunt gun before priming it, I will have to look at my shots at some point

We didn't use an Airsoft Jericho, we got the real deal from Japan, it had the grips changed if I remember right, and was converted to blank firing, we casted the stunt guns directly from it, I have some pics I snapped when I had cut out the solid rubber stunt gun before priming it, I will have to look at my shots at some point
Sent you a PM mate ;)

Any chance we could see those pictures? Honestly one of the coolest comments I've read on here, it's awesome to see guys from the Prop Department comment on posts from their respective shows they've worked on.

Any updates on the changes made to the 3D model?

Any chance we could see those pictures? Honestly one of the coolest comments I've read on here, it's awesome to see guys from the Prop Department comment on posts from their respective shows they've worked on.

Any updates on the changes made to the 3D model?

I would, though I don't want to risk getting in trouble, I am kind of upset it got cancelled, cause I wanted to get the stunt gun I worked on

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back