Constantine holy water ampoules…

So I just ordered some 1.5 inch glass clear Christmas ornaments from Michael’s along with some glycerin. I also ordered some of those amp knobs. When all of these things arrive I will let you know if they look like the correct size.

I think it’s actually that white out that comes in the dispenser that you roll out onto paper.

no, I don't think so. It is definitely TWO stripes. You can see the overlap. But look at the four ENDS! They are triangle CUT. (capitols for emphasis, not shouting) No way to make dryline whiteout come to perfect points like that.

Attachments

• ball.jpg
    ball.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
no, I don't think so. It is definitely TWO stripes. You can see the overlap. But look at the four ENDS! They are triangle CUT. (capitols for emphasis, not shouting) No way to make dryline whiteout come to perfect points like that.
I think he means the whiteout tape. Not sure how well that will stick though. I'd use 1/8" pin striping if going that route.

I think he means the whiteout tape. Not sure how well that will stick though. I'd use 1/8" pin striping if going that route.

Tape wouldn't make sense either. Or at least not with the default cutter. If the leading edge was a point, then the trailing edge would be a reverse "V" shape. But both ends of the white are pointed. And the white out tape has perfectly smooth sides, because of the machine cutting. At least some of the sides are rough, indicating a tearing action.

(non religiously?) certain people would wear LINEN and bath in holy water for purification. I'm betting on strips of linen.

Attachments

• ball 2.jpg
    ball 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Tape wouldn't make sense either. Or at least not with the default cutter. If the leading edge was a point, then the trailing edge would be a reverse "V" shape. But both ends of the white are pointed. And the white out tape has perfectly smooth sides, because of the machine cutting. At least some of the sides are rough, indicating a tearing action.

(non religiously?) certain people would wear LINEN and bath in holy water for purification. I'm betting on strips of linen.
Agreed on the sides, too rough to be normal tape. Strips of linen is a very cool, canonical idea that could be explained to have been taken from a saint's shroud.

Well, once I get the glass bottles (I ordered 40 of them) I will practice with strips of white, smooth linen strips. I figure I’ll just use a glue stick to attach them as the material should be fairly light.

The measurements were bugging me so I went back to size the pictures. 1.5" looks right if the knob is about 1/2".
1645656092012.png

I grabbed some more screenshots to confirm. I still can't figure out where that other image came from in the movie. I suspect that's a pic of a recreation.

I did see that there are more images from when he's in hell. Beeman fingers for scale.
1645656190832.png

Tough to see on this one - the bluray might show more details. Constantine's holding the ampoule after getting out of the chair in hell.
1645656291378.png

I'm sure this was digitally rendered but the cross is transparent on this shot suggesting etching.

1645656460028.png

Last edited:
So to update things, the glass balls have been ordered and I’m just waiting for them to arrive. The black caps have also been ordered and are supposed to arrive on Monday. I only ordered 6 caps so far as it cost me $55 with shipping for the 6 of them. The glycerin arrived and I’m also waiting on the self adhesive tissue tape to arrive. Once it all arrives I’m jumping into this with both feet.
I’m thinking that I will put high temp hotglue in the hole till they are sealed, then with a needle, put a whole in the top. Then using a syringe, add the distilled water/glycerin mix, then once the glass ball is full, seal the top again with a small amount of the high temp hot glue. Once they are sealed, I plan to epoxy the black cap to the top. Once complete, I will cut out and make the white crosses and attach them to the bottles.

What does everyone think about that? Does that see like the best avenue to do this?

I'd put the water in, tape or cling film over the top, trim the cling film with a razor and then epoxy the tops on. The syringe sounds like more trouble than it's worth. That way you'd avoid the hot glue altogether. Did I mention that I hate hot glue? ;)

I may have a solution for the tops. How about vapor smoothed, FDM ABS?

1645830636698.png

I'd put the water in, tape or cling film over the top, trim the cling film with a razor and then epoxy the tops on. The syringe sounds like more trouble than it's worth. That way you'd avoid the hot glue altogether. Did I mention that I hate hot glue? ;)

I may have a solution for the tops. How about vapor smoothed, FDM ABS?

View attachment 1550308
I’m not a fan of hot glue either but I want something that’s going to really seal the top. Tape isn’t really going to cut it. But I could give that a try and see if it works. Maybe gorilla tape?
As for the tops, I already ordered ones that look accurate. I don’t have a 3-D printer so I’m not 100% sure about those options.

I guess it depends on how the knobs will mount. I'm hoping that they won't need to be drilled. I wonder if hot glue is the most chemically inert over time. Tape probably isn't. Some break down in water according to google. Maybe a thick, no drip epoxy.

I'm testing the knob print now. If they'd work, I've no problem printing them for you.

I think that if they are the correct size then it would be just fine. But I dropped a good amount of money on a handful of the real ones so we’ll see how those go when they arrive. I just don’t want the water to get out of the bottles. LOL I suppose I could use gorilla tape then put epoxy over it when I glue down the tops?

As for drilling, I just plan to put the tops onto the existing nub that’s on top of the glass ball. But until I have everything in hand, I’m just guessing at this point. Lol.

I'm with you on the "wait and see" when you get the parts in hand. On a different note, I found where the other image came from. Its from the DVD Behind the Scenes feature "Holy Relics". Some great close-ups of the crosses.

1645926540446.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back