Constantine (2005) - Beeman's Bag of Provisions

Screen grabs: Sides are mostly from demon fight scene.
i-jgFRJpP-S.png

Side 1

i-MSdDSg5-M.png

Side 2

i-Kbwx73J-M.png

Side 3

i-NQGzMc6-M.png

Front side for size reference against Keanu's fingers

this is great. i would love to help out trying to find images for this prop. i can also do some amazing work on photoshop and try to recreate a high res photo. im working on a high res photo of the matchbox too. if ud like to see what i have so far let me know. i procrastinate alot so with some encouragement i can move faster.
I'll take you up that. Here's the image that I found on ebay and a link to the high res image.

i-34p9w9g-L.jpg

For a real rabbit hole, see if you can find what the image is from the tail or snake shape in the lower right corner.

1667706452771.png

This was close which led me to think it was Hanuman.
1667706613333.jpeg

And if that's not challenging enough, what's this image to the left of the Krishna image? Squinting at the pixels, it looks like a a dark skinned figure wearing a red crown who is seated, possibly in the lotus position or on a dais, with a tail or snake protruding on the left side.

1667707921084.png

1667707943671.png

1667707955068.png

The search may be slightly easier that expected as it looks like the Krishna image is repeated.
The image right of Krishna is not the same in this photo - note the yellow flower at the base of the cow's leg.
1667708276855.png

In this photo, no yellow flower. Assuming this image appears twice, then the other image likely does as well.
1667706452771.png

I was able to snag one of the promotional matchboxes off ebay. I used the scan to redraw the match box and rescale it. I've sized it to 3 inches wide but need to check it against some screen grabs. The screen used one has a striker on one side and and a abbreviated Cleopatra Hotel logo. I'll post the screen grabs if it's helpful. I've never tried UV printing before and would like to find a place to print them. I also cobbled together a screech beetle noise maker using an Adafruit soundboard and a tilt sensor.

View attachment 1635273

View attachment 1635281

View attachment 1635282
Omg! The sound maker for it as well??? Amazing!!!

I was able to snag one of the promotional matchboxes off ebay. I used the scan to redraw the match box and rescale it. I've sized it to 3 inches wide but need to check it against some screen grabs. The screen used one has a striker on one side and and a abbreviated Cleopatra Hotel logo. I'll post the screen grabs if it's helpful. I've never tried UV printing before and would like to find a place to print them. I also cobbled together a screech beetle noise maker using an Adafruit soundboard and a tilt sensor.

View attachment 1635273

View attachment 1635281

View attachment 1635282
Hi Mach I found this thread a while ago and keep coming back to it for inspiration to attempt my own little collection of Constantine props.
I was wondering if you have a high resolution version of the Cleopatra matchbox image you could share or is the .png good enough for printing?
Thank you

Hi Mach I found this thread a while ago and keep coming back to it for inspiration to attempt my own little collection of Constantine props.
I was wondering if you have a high resolution version of the Cleopatra matchbox image you could share or is the .png good enough for printing?
Thank you
I'm still working on a run of these but have been distracted by the keychain project. I may post the high res image once I'm done.

Just picked this bag up on eBay. Anyone know what the white tag is that’s hanging off the handle of his bag in the movie?

Attachments

• IMG_4671.jpeg
    IMG_4671.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 24

View attachment 1635273

View attachment 1635281

View attachment 1635282
Do you happen to sell those screech beetle noisemakers?

Yes, a very burning question. I do not ask for the source code, it was enough for me to buy a circuit diagram and a compiled file for firmware.
I love that bug scene in the movie.
I would shake it in front of overly demanding customers if they behave inappropriately.

Not planning on a run but if you cover the cost of the parts, I can solder one for you. I'll message you the details. Mods, please tell me if I this discussion is breaking the buy/sell rules.

Yes, a very burning question. I do not ask for the source code, it was enough for me to buy a circuit diagram and a compiled file for firmware.
No source code needed, the adafruit soundboard is designed to trigger when the pin is shorted. I soldered a mercury switch to a numbered pin and that triggers a wave file to play.

Very cool! Goop was recommended in another forum to soften the vinyl. Multi-Purpose Hand Cleaner I tried it on mine. It helped a little but I think once the plasticizers are gone then they're gone for good. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

View attachment 1635273

View attachment 1635281

View attachment 1635282
Duuuuude this is wicked

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back