"Concept" Phase Weapon by Kenney's Custom Props, LLC

Re: Star Trek: Into Darkness "Concept" Phaser by Kenney's Custom Props, LLC

I really like that this design has a proper grip for a real person. Something the original lacked.

Kenny- My God, that is MAGNIFICENT!! Can't find the junkyard thread! I NEED ONE!

Search Star Trek: Into Darkness "Concept" Phaser

Did a show special with Steve Neill yesterday. It was really a pleasure talking with him. Steve will be posting the 1 hour special on youtube (Steve Neill's Garage) today at 4pm pacific. So, if you guys would like to get a close up look of a couple of the phasers, don't miss the show. The concept will be there as well.

Great episode. Thanks for sharing some of your work with us Kenny. More excited than ever for the Concept Phaser.

Hey Kenny, loved how the "super hero" phaser was motorized. I know how difficult adding a motor and limit switches to such a small body can be and still have it light up as well :)
I was able to modify the playmates phaser when it first came out. If you'd like to see my efforts here is a video link:
Star Trek Movie Playmates Modified Phaser _ Motorized Nozzle - YouTube.

Have a great day and thanks for sharing.

I'm suprised you didn't run fast and far with those original Spock ear molds! Just to get to hold those must have been kind of surreal though.

Awesome Interview. I like this SOS concept. I would back these people 100%. How do I go about donating towards this?

Hey Ken! Here she is all laid out for all to see. Guys this prop is just beautiful and a great build! I can't wait to start in on it!

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi Kenny , big star trek fan ....do you have a website ...?

How can someone purchase the kit for the phaser?

Awesome job , great work.
Anthony

Thanks for the link NormanF. I'm going to contribute. but first I have to pay Kenny... lol

I hear that! I just threw $48.50 or however much $50 converts to US. At their current rate I do not think they are going to get funded.

Oh cool.... thanks Steve for posting. Just so you know, i will be doing a video and pictorial set of instructions to help everyone. At the very least, i will have all kinds of information to show you guys here how to tackle the kit. So dont worry, im here to help you and answer questions. What im mire tgan likely doing is sections at a time in a video set of instructions and post it here. But, this will be dove once i get back from Vancouver.

AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is just what it should be.

Ken you ARE the MAN :)

Ken it's a pleasure man. Check your email when you get a chance. I should start my build next week once I figure out what laser to use in this beautiful piece!

Steve

Awesome Steve. If you concentrate on sanding and fitting first.... that would give me enough time to get the first set of instructions completed and posted ready for you to move on it. I think between my instructions and your build, that would give these guys enough information to do their own builds. I'm heading up to Vancouver next for pre production meetings but will be back at the shop on the 5th. I can't wait to see what you do with your build.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back