"Concept" Phase Weapon by Kenney's Custom Props, LLC

Re: Star Trek: Into Darkness "Concept" Phaser by Kenney's Custom Props, LLC

After the movie is out, can you tell us which things you made?

at redshirt.... I don't know if you'll have enough room to get lights under all those indents on the dial. So, stick with your original idea.... looks really good. I just wanted to get back to you so you didn't waste any of your time trying to figure it out.

- - - Updated - - -

SPECIAL NEWS Stay tuned for an important announcement within the next two weeks. I've got a special surprise for you guys. I can't say right now.... but its a little something I'm doing for you fans.

The original series phaser 1 and 2 have always been my most loved sci-fi weapon, ever since I saw it as a kid in the 70's. I never really liked the phasers in the movies that followed. The Next Gen changed the look completely. The reboot phaser is just plain ridiculous looking IMHO.

That said, this is the BEST looking design I've seen since TOS. It's a fantastic update to the TOS, and still pays homage to the look and some of the functions the TOS phaser had. They so should of gone with this look in the reboot.

Which 3D printing service are you using?

LOL..... @BlueMirageStudio......me, myself, and I.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL..... @BlueMirageStudio......me, myself, and I.

- - - Updated - - -

why is the rpf double posting? lol

Last edited by a moderator:

OK.... so that special news I mentioned earlier. This coming week I'll be in LA. During my stay, I will be doing a show with Steve Neill on my involvement in Star Trek Into Darkness and be going over the phasers I made for the film. (may even have one or two with me). So, if you guys would like to know a ton of stuff on the super hero metal phasers, the hero plastic phasers, and the tear down phasers.... this will be the show to watch or tape. I will be going into details.... or at least try and fit it all in. For those of you that don't know Steve, he has a YouTube channel.

I hope someone can post a link to a video of this because I'm pretty sure i won't have access to the TV channel you'll be on.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of the super hero phaser props.

Kenney, is the power setup for this such that the white LED could be replaced by a sparkling LED. Kind of like the Master Replicas Trek Phaser?

OK.... so that special news I mentioned earlier. This coming week I'll be in LA. During my stay, I will be doing a show with Steve Neill on my involvement in Star Trek Into Darkness and be going over the phasers I made for the film.

This sounds awesome Kenny! Please let us know when and where to watch.

I know Steve has a YouTube Channel and does an almost daily show.

Kenny,

Will this be on SNG or on TV?

Last edited:

I was wondering why he wasn't on here. It happens, I guess. I mean, I had my encounters as well. It is a shame. I don't know Steve all that well but I do admire his work and I am looking forward to meeting him. It should be fun.

OK... so I took a look at this project with everyone else in mind. Meaning, you guys don't have the luxury of knowing what I did when I built the original concept piece. So, here's how its going to go down with respect to "instructions". NOTHING AT ALL, you're all on your own. LOL

I can't do that to you guys. lol So, this is really how its going to go down. After everyone gets their kits, I'm going to do a build up on my end. I will cover every part of the build and post pics and video. I will have breaks in between until I feel everyone is catching up. Then I'll continue on to the next section. For those that are going to do whatever else to the kit, you're on your own I guess. I will try to help when I can, though. This kit will need sanding and fitting etc etc. This is not a beginner kit. This is a real prop. I did over engineer it like I usually do. Had this actually been accepted, I would have definitely made changes to make it screen combat ready. This is a delicate piece.... NOT a COSPLAY piece by any means. Build it and then display it. Handle it delicately when moving the parts etc.

Here's the deal with the build up I'm doing. I have given the Space Opera Society the prop to auction off. It is the only one I will be building and the only build up by that will exist outside of my original. If you're interested in it, I believe they will be starting a Ebay auction. Not sure at this point but I'm sure I'll be the first to know and pass it on to you guys. Not sure if I can post a link to the ebay auction in this thread but.... like I said.... you guys will know about it. The winner of the prop will also get all my videos and pics of me building the piece. As well as some other nice things I'll be throwing in there.

I think doing the kit in sections and posting is the best way for everyone to follow along. I think it will be fun and you'll guys learn a little about how I build.

Cheers,
Kenney

Hi guys, figure while im hanging at the airport, i would take this time to "bump" the thread. Lol

Hey Kenney

I don't know how I missed this thread. Grrr. It looks great. Will have to head to the Junkyard now. I hate this site. LOL. Too much good stuff.

Peter

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back