Conan Axe FINISHED post 27

Eaglewood

Sr Member
Here is a piece I was commissioned to do. The client is 6'-4" tall, weighs 250 and is a bodybuilder. You may see this one running around at Wondercon in March.

Solid aluminum blades, solid oak handle. Everything is hand done- Cut out the blades on a portaband, will be shaping the handle with grinders. Handle gets wrapped with leather also. Sandcast the spikes on my front porch out of solid brass. Almost caught my darned deck on fire LOL

Size is 18" from tip to tip on each blade
From blade end to blade end is 32"
Handle is 48" long and 3.1/2 square right now.
Hand grinding blades and weathering also.

I will probably make some molds of this bad boy to do resin copies too.

So for your enjoyment

P1010943.jpg

DSC06819.jpg

DSC06823.jpg

DSC06828.jpg

DSC06830.jpg

DSC06833.jpg

DSC06834.jpg

DSC06889.jpg

DSC06890.jpg

DSC06892.jpg

P1010919.jpg

P1010942.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Conan Axe

That is going to be a mean looking axe when finished. Is this a recreation of an axe from the Conan universe? I do not remember seeing such an axe in any of the movies. Was it featured in a game or comic? It most certainly looks like something Conan would swing about. I can't wait for the completed pics.

:thumbsup

In Destroyer, I remember Conan picking up an axe after fighting Bombaata. Is that the one you're working on? I'll have to check out that scene in the movie again.

Here is the one that the client sent me that he found . Im doing the brass accents a little different as per his separate sketch to me. Will have the chain on the bottom as well.

CONANAXE.jpg

Last edited:

That's great art, I must admit I always associated Conan with the swords from the movies, but the battleaxe is much more befitting a Barbarian ;) Looks a bit like the one used by Druss in the David Gemmell books.

Am sure you will do it justice.

Here are some updates-- got the handle roughed in-- used one of those 4" chainsaw attachments for my grinder-- those ROCK-- but are deadly!!!!

Now have to work on some of the attachments for the head, the top part of the handle and some other little goodies. The handle is getting wrapped in a really nice leather also.

P1010986.jpg

P1010982.jpg

P1010983.jpg

P1010984.jpg

P1010985.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back