**COMPLETE** Amazing Spiderman 2 -- Automatic Door Lock **PARTS LIST**

Thank you. here are some questions I can think of off the top of my head.

1. On your one of your first pictures you showed the patio lock, was some of the base of the lock shaved/sanded off?

2. I have looked for linear equators and ive found a 6v 100:1 ratio and a 12v 50:1 ratio, which one do you recommend?

3. I saw you posted some coding for the lock, is it needed and if so, what program would i use to install it?

Thanks again
Yes, you will have to cut off the mount and sand it flat. As far as the actuators, I am not positive. The code is used to program an Arduino. You will need one to do that project.

Yes, you will have to cut off the mount and sand it flat. As far as the actuators, I am not positive. The code is used to program an Arduino. You will need one to do that project.

Okay ill take what you've told me and start ordering the parts. ill quote you again if I come across a problem or need some help. Thanks for taking time out of your day to help me out I appreciate it.

Hey I saw on your list of materials you put the specs for the aluminum plate, but the link you add wont let me insert the proper sizing... any ideas? (Also on a side note I just quoted you again because I didn't know if you'd be notified if I messaged you without quoting.)

Hey I saw on your list of materials you put the specs for the aluminum plate, but the link you add wont let me insert the proper sizing... any ideas? (Also on a side note I just quoted you again because I didn't know if you'd be notified if I messaged you without quoting.)
I pulled the link up and plugged in the given dimensions without any issue. I am not sure where you are having trouble bud.

Hi JohnnyNeutron! Your project insired me to build a doorlock on my own (with few cheaper adaptations ;) ) now, the rf m4 receiver seems to be sold out at every store, but the t4 and l4 are still in stock. I'm very knew to this electronics thing as this is my first ever project, so do you know if there would be any problems if i used one of those instead?

anyway, big thanks for the inspiration buddy

Hey Johnny, I was reading some comments by someone else and he was talking about a breadboard, and I noticed that wasnt on the list. Could you please inform me where I could purchase the one that you've used ?

oh right i forgot to ask if anybody knows a cheaper alternative to a 70$ firgelli linear actuator? i cant get one to my country without paying 30 bucks for shipping (excluding possible fees at the post office)... id even sacrifice the similarity to peters lock if its significantly less expensive

yo spiderman1 i believe its just a standard 170 point board for arduino like these ones : https://www.amazon.com/LampVPath-12...&sr=8-2&keywords=arduino+breadboard+170+point

johnny used a white one as far as i remeber

Thanks for the help! Also I just bought a linear actuator off of actuonix's website. I think the one you mentioned isn't the correct one. Here's the link: http://www.actuonix.com/L12-S-Micro-Linear-Actuator-with-Limit-Switches-p/l12-s.htm

Also my shipping was also like 20 dollars so I don't think high shipping cost is avoidable.

I will do my best to answer any questions you have.

Hello again, I was wondering if you could answer a few questions:

1. What drill bit(size) did you use for the shoulder screw.

2. what are the button head screws for?

3. where did you make the hole for the shoulder head screw to go in?

If you could get back to me it would help a lot thanks :)

Hey JohnnyNeutron.
I have been trying to make this lock but I’m not sure about the Wiring I’m pretty sure that I have got the code on the Arduino but it the wiring that I’m confused about, I have watched alot of videos and even looked at a link you posted on here but I’m still so confused, so I was wondering if there is and photos of the wiring or if you could tell me where the wire and pins goes

Hey everyone! I am new to this site and this is my first go at replicating a prop. I wanted to start off relatively simple, so I decided to build the automatic locking mechanism seen in Amazing Spiderman 2. I have seen a few attempts on youtube, but none of them are screen accurate.

View attachment 524200

View attachment 524201

I was able to get some screen grabs, which allowed me to identify the locking mechanism, actuator and receiver used. That being said, I cannot for the life of me figure out which controller is used on the right hand side of the receiver. I am thinking the main controller is just an arduino (or an arduino type knockoff), and there is some sort of shield on top. I cannot imagine it is a custom shield, so if anyone has any idea what shield this is (or board in general if it is not a shield) please let me know!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I will continue to update this thread as I progress with the build. As of right now I am just waiting for parts to arrive that I have ordered.
where did you learn how to do this kind of stuff

Re: Amazing Spiderman 2 -- Door Lock Build *Help!*

The lock arrived today, and it looks like an exact match. There were more modifications done to it than I originally expected.The arm that connects the bolt to the outside housing is much larger than what comes with it, so I will either need to find the linkage arm or make one. Also, the post that the actuator is mounted to is not there.

Now comes the task of figuring out the size of the linkage arm and actuator from the known dimensions of the lock. I know this is probably relatively simple to do, however this will be the first time doing so. If anyone has any tips, please let me know!!

View attachment 524905View attachment 524906View attachment 524904
where can i find this lock

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back