Hey everyone,

A few weeks ago, my girlfriend and I moved to Porto, Portugal, so with my workshop behind me, it's been nearly impossible to get any physical work done.

However, before we left, I did end up putting in some pretty consistent hours! So without further ado, here's Nick Nitro, work in progress!

Nick-Nitro.jpg

I've also progressed quite well on Butch's model as well.

Butchface-Render.jpg

Link and Nick's legs were unfortunately too tall for their overall size, so I'll be doing their thighs again... But their boots are coming along nicely:

Nick-Link-Boots.jpg

Last but not least, I've launched my Instagram account so I can share my work on a more consistent basis.

Keep in mind that I will share work unrelated to Small Soldiers on here as well. Here are a few highlights:

Chip Hazard doing recon in Porto:

Chip-Recon.jpg

Chip and Brick thanks everyone for their warm welcome to Instagram:

Chip-Brick-Thanks.jpg

And here's something I quickly put together before we left our home:
The gang asking me to take them with me.

TravelA.jpg

Unfortunately, we were over our weight limit with our luggage, so the gang had to be shipped separately via TNT/FedEx. But they arrived safe and sound, in a few days time.

So that's all for now. I'll be back in my workshop in about a month or so. Hopefully by Christmas, I should have Link and Nick in a near complete state!

Chip-Brick-Exploration.jpg

Stay tuned!

Hey everyone,

A few weeks ago, my girlfriend and I moved to Porto, Portugal, so with my workshop behind me, it's been nearly impossible to get any physical work done.

However, before we left, I did end up putting in some pretty consistent hours! So without further ado, here's Nick Nitro, work in progress!

View attachment 1510997

I've also progressed quite well on Butch's model as well.

View attachment 1510998

Link and Nick's legs were unfortunately too tall for their overall size, so I'll be doing their thighs again... But their boots are coming along nicely:

View attachment 1510999

Last but not least, I've launched my Instagram account so I can share my work on a more consistent basis.

Keep in mind that I will share work unrelated to Small Soldiers on here as well. Here are a few highlights:

Chip Hazard doing recon in Porto:

View attachment 1511000

Chip and Brick thanks everyone for their warm welcome to Instagram:

View attachment 1511001

And here's something I quickly put together before we left our home:
The gang asking me to take them with me.

View attachment 1511002

Unfortunately, we were over our weight limit with our luggage, so the gang had to be shipped separately via TNT/FedEx. But they arrived safe and sound, in a few days time.

So that's all for now. I'll be back in my workshop in about a month or so. Hopefully by Christmas, I should have Link and Nick in a near complete state!

View attachment 1511003

Stay tuned!
This is just amazing! I'm a huge fan of the movie .

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone is doing good. Apologies for the lack of posts as of late, I just returned home for the holidays, and returned to my workshop with a vengeance! First off, as some of you who've been following me on Instagram have seen, here are some upgraded grenade models. Using the references I've accumulated since embarking on this project, knowing that our new 3D printer would be able to get the details right, and having (hopefully!) gained more modelling experience, I've decided to redo these props. They've been printed, and are on the way!

Gren-Comp2.jpg

The biggest news comes from one of my favorite characters in the series, and I'm really excited about getting him done and under the tree by New Year's Eve... Nick Nitro! I'm putting all the extra time I have, burning the midnight oil as they say, and I'm hopeful that he'll be completed in a few days time. Also, Link's problems with his torso/legs have been resolved, and the third iterations are printed. I will try to have him ready by New Year's as well. Fingers crossed.

Nick-Progress0.jpg

Nick-Progress1.jpg

Here, Nick's new legs are being measured, both by way of a ruler and also by laying Chip Hazard next to him to see how they measure up.

Nick-Progress2.jpg

I remember my father collecting Cinefex magazines when I was a little kid. When the issue with Chip Hazard on the cover was dropped by our door, I was really excited! However, as my parents were concerned with my obsession with these evil soldier toys, the magazine was off limits to me... Oh well. 20 something years later, I have acquired one in good condition, and is one of the gifts I've granted myself this year!

Cinefex.jpg

Finally, if you're not following me on Instagram, I try to provide more frequent updates on that platform.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

ChipTree.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

Hope you had a great New Years' celebration. As I promised (myself), I finished my Nick Nitro by New Year's Eve. He's missing his extra necklace chains and grenade, because the one I bought online was the incorrect size. Oh well, we'll get there. Here are some photos of celebration!

Nick-Nitro-Comp.jpg

My computer decided to die on me, so I couldn't post any updates for the last month and change. But alas, it has been fixed and I'm right back at it!

ChipFire.jpg

For the video, check my Instagram profile, @jcuzuner!

Here are some of the latest updates: Link Static is nearly completed, this time I got the proportions/scale right. More on that later, probably next week.

Butch Meathook is coming along very nicely. As soon as I got my computer back, I went to work on his arms and upper body. I'm trying to one-up myself with each figure, trying to see how much more accurate I can make every new one. So Butch may take longer than the others, but I believe it'll be worth the wait!

Butch-Body.jpg

Butch-Arm2.jpg

I've also attended an online auction and won this beauty! I'm very proud of it, and will keep it secure until I've framed it, where it will be displayed front and center!

Poster-Pic.jpg

So that's all for now, sorry to have kept you waiting for so long. Expect more frequent updates, and take care!

Hello again!

Apologies to everyone who's been interested in this project. I've had a lot of stuff to do, and was mostly posting updates through my Instagram account. But that doesn't mean the project was abandoned, far from it, I've made a lot of progress since my last update!
First and foremost; Butch Meathook's 3D model is nearly complete!

Butch-Two.jpg

Butch-Face-smaller.jpg

Some of Butch's parts are printed, but since I'm far away from my father who prints the parts for me, I can't make progress in my workshop yet.
Brick Bazooka's backpack is also complete. The parts are printed but I think they came out a bit smaller than I wanted... So we'll see about a reprint.

Brick-Backpack-SM.jpg

I've also been playing around with Chip Hazard's lips, cutting, filling and painting around the edges to get an even more movie accurate look. I think it turned out pretty good!

Chip-Bag.jpg

Using smaller joint modules, keeping the slot tolerances a bit looser gives me greater range of motion. Using these enhancements, Chip and Link now have much greater means of posing.

Commando-Elite.jpg

If you like these posts, I post a lot more frequently on Instagram, so be sure to follow me @jcuzuner.

Until next time, take care!

Hey everyone!

The Commando Elite are nearing their completion! I was a contestant in Stan Winston Studio's Sculpting Contest, and my entry was my Chip Hazard replica! We didn't win, but it was a blast joining alongside some creators I've been admiring for years! Here's a faux-toy commercial I prerpared for the contest, with help from my girlfriend.

Here are some of the photos that were in the entry:

01.jpg

10.jpg

09.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

Butch Meathook is nearing completion, with a few of his parts being reprinted for various reasons.

Without further ado, here's Mr Meathook!

1664715674624.jpg

1664715674680.jpg

1664715674638.jpg
1664715674655.jpg
1664715674668.jpg

He's about the same size as Brick Bazooka, and he'll be the biggest of the bunch when he gets his helmet. He's also the most detailed, and the most articulated. Using the smallest length joints, he has over 3 units on each shoulder, and over 2 units on each thigh! This gives him incredible range of motion.

I've also modelled Butch Meathook's sniper rifle from "Squad Commander", an awesome strategy game that was released for Windows PC in 1998. I've always liked this rifle, as Butch is supposed to be a sniper. If you recall, in the movie he comes out of his box with an LMG, and is featured with that prop in all the promo shots. I'll make that LMG some day, but for now, he'll have better luck hunting Gorgonites with this bad boy!

Butch-Game-Prop.jpg

So the last member of the Elite, Kip Killigan, is coming along nicely. I'll have some updates on him soon enough.

Kip-Game.jpg

Stay tuned!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back