scarletsnake

Hey everyone,

A few weeks ago, my girlfriend and I moved to Porto, Portugal, so with my workshop behind me, it's been nearly impossible to get any physical work done.

However, before we left, I did end up putting in some pretty consistent hours! So without further ado, here's Nick Nitro, work in progress!

Nick-Nitro.jpg

I've also progressed quite well on Butch's model as well.

Butchface-Render.jpg

Link and Nick's legs were unfortunately too tall for their overall size, so I'll be doing their thighs again... But their boots are coming along nicely:

Nick-Link-Boots.jpg

Last but not least, I've launched my Instagram account so I can share my work on a more consistent basis.

Keep in mind that I will share work unrelated to Small Soldiers on here as well. Here are a few highlights:

Chip Hazard doing recon in Porto:

Chip-Recon.jpg

Chip and Brick thanks everyone for their warm welcome to Instagram:

Chip-Brick-Thanks.jpg

And here's something I quickly put together before we left our home:
The gang asking me to take them with me.

TravelA.jpg

Unfortunately, we were over our weight limit with our luggage, so the gang had to be shipped separately via TNT/FedEx. But they arrived safe and sound, in a few days time.

So that's all for now. I'll be back in my workshop in about a month or so. Hopefully by Christmas, I should have Link and Nick in a near complete state!

Chip-Brick-Exploration.jpg

Stay tuned!

Jediguy

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey everyone,

A few weeks ago, my girlfriend and I moved to Porto, Portugal, so with my workshop behind me, it's been nearly impossible to get any physical work done.

However, before we left, I did end up putting in some pretty consistent hours! So without further ado, here's Nick Nitro, work in progress!

View attachment 1510997

I've also progressed quite well on Butch's model as well.

View attachment 1510998

Link and Nick's legs were unfortunately too tall for their overall size, so I'll be doing their thighs again... But their boots are coming along nicely:

View attachment 1510999

Last but not least, I've launched my Instagram account so I can share my work on a more consistent basis.

Keep in mind that I will share work unrelated to Small Soldiers on here as well. Here are a few highlights:

Chip Hazard doing recon in Porto:

View attachment 1511000

Chip and Brick thanks everyone for their warm welcome to Instagram:

View attachment 1511001

And here's something I quickly put together before we left our home:
The gang asking me to take them with me.

View attachment 1511002

Unfortunately, we were over our weight limit with our luggage, so the gang had to be shipped separately via TNT/FedEx. But they arrived safe and sound, in a few days time.

So that's all for now. I'll be back in my workshop in about a month or so. Hopefully by Christmas, I should have Link and Nick in a near complete state!

View attachment 1511003

Stay tuned!
This is just amazing! I'm a huge fan of the movie .

scarletsnake

Hey everyone!

Hope everyone is doing good. Apologies for the lack of posts as of late, I just returned home for the holidays, and returned to my workshop with a vengeance! First off, as some of you who've been following me on Instagram have seen, here are some upgraded grenade models. Using the references I've accumulated since embarking on this project, knowing that our new 3D printer would be able to get the details right, and having (hopefully!) gained more modelling experience, I've decided to redo these props. They've been printed, and are on the way!

Gren-Comp2.jpg

The biggest news comes from one of my favorite characters in the series, and I'm really excited about getting him done and under the tree by New Year's Eve... Nick Nitro! I'm putting all the extra time I have, burning the midnight oil as they say, and I'm hopeful that he'll be completed in a few days time. Also, Link's problems with his torso/legs have been resolved, and the third iterations are printed. I will try to have him ready by New Year's as well. Fingers crossed.

Nick-Progress0.jpg

Nick-Progress1.jpg

Here, Nick's new legs are being measured, both by way of a ruler and also by laying Chip Hazard next to him to see how they measure up.

Nick-Progress2.jpg

I remember my father collecting Cinefex magazines when I was a little kid. When the issue with Chip Hazard on the cover was dropped by our door, I was really excited! However, as my parents were concerned with my obsession with these evil soldier toys, the magazine was off limits to me... Oh well. 20 something years later, I have acquired one in good condition, and is one of the gifts I've granted myself this year!

Cinefex.jpg

Finally, if you're not following me on Instagram, I try to provide more frequent updates on that platform.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

ChipTree.jpg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.