Cometh the Wolf

TK-J

So surprise surprise, I got the bug. Costume 2 on the way. I couldn't really decide whether I wanted to do Wolf or P2, so I ended up with bit's 'n pieces for both. Wolf won out this round, P2 will be next.

It is based on one of the last Seahunter skins produced with a Bob Bagy closed mouth Wolf mask, Mannowar feet, hands, shins and some armor parts. I have one of biohunter76's Wolf bios in customs, and the parts from Ruffkintoy are on their way.

So pics so far.

P1010489.jpg

P1010490.jpg

P1010487.jpg

P1010491.jpg

P1010493.jpg

P1010492.jpg

Comments appreciated.

J

looks killer man! i like how his face seems freshly damaged :lol:

The deep red was a last minute addition. I know it probably shouldn't be red but I'm really going for some shock value. Going to try hard to scare some kiddies this year at Armageddon :lol: .

nice colaboration of artists on this project. it's coming along really nice so far

don't forget the netting

AM

Arrgghhh! Don't remind me. The part I like least. It's all hanging up outside after being dyed last night.
If this guy looks half as good as yours, I'll be happy

holy ****! This is AWESOME! I want my skins to come out just like this! You did such a good job man! So much personality in that mask!

TK-J... could you possibly tell me what colors you used for the upper and lower skins? I love those colors. I understand if you want to keep that to yourself ;) I just would love to use something similar to it in my custom pred

TK-J... could you possibly tell me what colors you used for the upper and lower skins? I love those colors. I understand if you want to keep that to yourself ;) I just would love to use something similar to it in my custom pred

I have no secrets

1. base coat - white
2. all over with skin tone/sand with 10% burnt umber mixed in
3. cracks, skin folds and random splotches with raw umber.
4. all over with skin tone/sand with 10% white mixed in. This will dull step 3.
5. outline shaded/dark area with raw umber then fill in
6. outline shaded areas and blend into raw umber areas with yellow oxide with 10% burnt umber mixed in
7. paint in all black bumps and dots
8. shade over and blend dark areas with burnt umber
9. highlight black dots again where necessary
10. shade over dark areas with deep green
11. liquitex/permawet clearcoat

Hope that helps

J

My new Wolf bio courtesy of biohunter76. Thanks Casey, love it. It fits the Bob bagy closed mouth Wolf mask perfectly.

P1010495.jpg

P1010498.jpg

Flash off
P1010504.jpg

Flash on
P1010503.jpg

pretty sweet wolf are you going to switch out the feet from P1 to wolf or just keep the P1 feet and call it even

either way great paint up look forward to seeing this complete

pretty sweet wolf are you going to switch out the feet from P1 to wolf or just keep the P1 feet and call it even

either way great paint up look forward to seeing this complete

The feet will stay for the moment. The hands are P2 as well. I'm under a bit of pressure to have him done for a Con on Oct 16.
Planning on getting the netting and thigh armor on today and having a little strut tonight o_O

Got the netting on finally. And made up a bandolier of sorts. The skulls are latex ones that come with my first suit and will have to do until I can get some decent ones.

P1010510.jpg

This is the buckle I made from air drying clay. All ready to be moulded up with silicone and cast in resin.
P1010505.jpg

Here it is painted up. There is a 2" wide nylon strap impregnated in the back with a snap on each end, so it can be made functional.
P1010507.jpg

Buckle, MoW codpiece on the brown stonewash lambskin I'm using for the loinclothe
P1010506.jpg

Hopefully more pics to come this weekend.

J

I took him for a test drive last night. Fits pretty good. Just waiting on the upper armor and a few minor adjustments.

P1010516a.jpg

P1010517a.jpg

P1010527a.jpg

P1010531-1.jpg

P1010534a.jpg

P1010517a.jpg

P1010527a.jpg

P1010531-1.jpg

P1010534a.jpg

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back