Combining Talents See Post #160 For Details! Hotttt!

Eaglewood

Sr Member
Hey there all--
Ever since the Arnold, my Fiance Base Camp Goddess (Katina) and I have been talking so much about the talent and dedication to the art that is here. She was talking with me last night, and even tho she doesnt admit it, the passion that was in her voice and her conversation came thru clear. She said that there HAS to be something more out there that we could do collectively to showcase our art other than just attending an event in costume, walking around and getting our pictures taken, make people smile and then go back to our hotel rooms or homes , granted with an amount of satisfaction, but still not having done something spectacular and enduring.
Now this is still just a thought being birthed here, so lets not get completely excited-- ,its ok to get somewhat excited tho!!
Due to the logistics involved with a project that I am about to discuss, we know that it would be next to impossible to make it happen the conventional way.
Katina and I have been throwing ideas around for other ways to do something of this scale.
The idea is this-- Basically its a Fan Made film and I hate using that term as it dumps peoples conception immediately into a category. This would not be your ordinary "Fan Made Film" , but one of global proportions. There is so much talent here on the lair that is not being used to its full potential and we know the desire and drive is there to band together and make something spectacular happen, and would all love to be a part of something that I know would endure for generations, and possibly launch the Lair to new heights.
It would also be something that would make the who's who of film making stand up and take notice of the awesome abilities of those here. This is more than just a project to make a movie, This is a project to bring the lair together so much tighter as a community and a family, and give those who have these awesome abilities as well as those who may just be lurking the opportunity to come and shine and possibly be recognized by the major industries for the talents and abilities that they possess..

We would utilize the abilities of people here who have these talents, but are not being used to their full potential. We would need to coordinate this all with people from every country and area who wanted to be a part of this. We would need people who are well versed in audio and video mixing, set design, lighting, sound, props, --etc-- you get the picture-- it would require a commitment from those who are interested, as the way we are planning this , still early , will require some equipment to be transferred from person to person in different countries. As we do more brainstorming on this we will start listing the areas that we need expertise in and more details on how this would all play out.

Im going to stop here for now. It is still too early in the conceptual stages to go any further with this, I have to have some discussion with others and have this gel together more and create an action plan, a way to implement this and offer the opportunity for those who want to step up and become apart of history in the making.

Stay watching this thread for more updates as we try and pull the whole idea on concept together more and have it become a reality. There is so very much to consider before we actually decide to go forward. It wil require the people here on the Lair to step up and go beyond.
I just would ask one question of each of you-- Could and would you make a commitment to do your part if you signed on to help with this and would you even be interested? I leave you with this thought for the day-- Imagine sitting at a screening of a film that would rock and be something that would endure and knowing that you were a part of making it happen and are recognized for it? Imagine being able to use your talents to the fullest and beyond, to be able to be tested and stretched beyond your limits to see what you can really accomplish?
Think about it--
All I am asking for here is a simple yes or no that you would be interested.

Stay tuned boys and girls as we dig deeper.

Blessings all!

I say this is an ECELLENT idea....after all...it seems we have evrything here to cover everything...like you say..the only flaw is the logistics....but it is just a small bridge.....i'm sure we'll get over it. this is a project that can be filmed in many different locations and even edited in different locations.....then just dijitally sent around the globe for stitching together.
If you decide to move to the next stage...i'm in!.....sorry....let me re-phrse that....I mean...I would certainly love to be a part of a project like this and would like to step forward for consideration should you want to go ahead.

I say this is an ECELLENT idea....after all...it seems we have evrything here to cover everything...like you say..the only flaw is the logistics....but it is just a small bridge.....i'm sure we'll get over it. this is a project that can be filmed in many different locations and even edited in different locations.....then just dijitally sent around the globe for stitching together.
If you decide to move to the next stage...i'm in!.

Stop reading ahead!!! -- But you are right-- that is pretty much part of the theme that we were discussing. Want to make sure it is all done in the same format so we need to establish a standard that everyone uses. We have some ideas about that also-- but lets not jump that far ahead just yet!!

well...you will first need a list of names and possible contributions..
Plenty of prop makers on here lol...no shortage of those.
As well as prop making, I have some experience with audio mixing/editing/mastering and a little video but not effects.
If thats any help.

well...you will first need a list of names and possible contributions..
Plenty of prop makers on here lol...no shortage of those.
As well as prop making, I have some experience with audio mixing/editing/mastering and a little video but not effects.
If thats any help.
It is for sure-- stay close and Thanks for jumping in so quickly!

I like the concept, but see many potential hurdles.

Let's just take "what does the Pred look like?" We have hundreds of people here who have Pred suits, but unless we have hundreds of Preds in our film, only one, two or three will make it. Same with locations--we either write a storyline that has a bazillion different locations that we can all film in, or we film everything in front of greenscreens and somebody edits a single background in later. (Indeed if, as seems probable, our scenes will be made up of individual actors who are on entirely different continents and film their own parts individually, we will have no choice but to greenscreen everything, since it will be the only way to get everybody into the same scene with the same background.)

Then I see the difficulties in directing the movie and putting it all together. For my "Predator vs Stormtroopers" fan film, I asked for voice submissions, and got them from several different countries. But even that simple step turned out to be complicated. Everyone had a different tone and inflection, and the logistics involved meant it would be hard for me to change any, or ask for lots of re-do's, or specifically match something in the movie (thank goodness that all my characters were masked, so I did not have to match lip movements). I can see those relatively simple problems being magnified a billion-fold in a real movie project, where we need not only voices, but EVERYTHING from a large number of people on different continents.

Not trying to throw water on anyone's fire, but such a thing would be a lot more complex and difficult than maybe some of us realize. I've already had a small taste of it.

I totally understand the hurdles to try and overcome-- but with the concept that we are possibly going for, it may work.
Lets not put the cart in front of the horse just yet-- I appreciate the input though as it is valuable information.

So as to not continue on the road this seems to be going down already-- all I am simply asking for at this point is if you would be interested or not. I know there are problems, hurdles, obstacles, logistics-- I KNOW all that.

Please dont take this thread that direction.

Just a YESI would be interested, here are my areas of expertise, or dont even post that you arent interested. We dont need this all jumbled up with prospective problems,etc--

Dont want to complicate things so early into this.

Thanks for understanding all.

Just a YESI would be interested, here are my areas of expertise, or dont even post that you arent interested. We dont need this all jumbled up with prospective problems,etc--

Well I'm in -- it sounds interesting.

I think my most useful area of input would just be advice about the process. As I noted, if we are going to be filming individuals separately and then editing them together into the same scenes, we'll have no choice but to shoot each character in front of a greenscreen and then composite them later. And that is exactly how I do my fan films, since I play all the characters in my films myself. So I can offer advice and suggestions about all the methods I've tried, what works, what doesn't, what we might want to try instead, etc etc etc.

I'm also fairly OK with After Effects, and I know how to do the Pred vision effect, the Pred cloaking effect, etc.

For those who have not seen it yet, my "Predator vs Stormtroopers" fan film can be found in the "Transmissions" section.

If you ever need countdown timers or other blinky lights, I'm willing to help out. Or, if you need wristblades that pop out and other animatronics, I can always take a shot at them. This sounds like an interesting project if all the logistics can work out.

This could be an awesome way to showcase the Hunters Lair in a way that shows our Global Distribution.

What we all take for granted is that there are literally people all around the globe under one banner surfing this site. All because of Predator.

So lets brainstorm ideas on how to showcase that FACT on film.

I'm in! I'll bring the cookie and milk.

One thing we will absolutely need is someone who is good at storyboards. The storyboards will be vitally crucial to this project, since they will be the ONLY thing we will all have as a common reference point (I am again assuming that we will need to shoot each individual separately in front of a greenscreen and then composite everyone together later and add a background--that's the only way I can think of to make this work, unless someone else has an alternative to suggest?).

The storyboards will be particularly important to the actors (whoever they end up being), since it's the ONLY way they will have of knowing which direction they should be facing in each scene, what they should be looking at, who will be moving in front of whom, etc etc etc. As someone who films all his scenes one character at a time in front of an empty greenscreen, I know firsthand how really really difficult that all is without a visual reference to look at before each shot.

And no, I'm not volunteering myself for that task :) --the storyboards I make for myself are just crude stick figures on the back of 3x5 notecards. The only reason they work for me is because I already see the entire movie in my head, scene by scene, before I even start shooting. So for me, the storyboards are just a quick visual reminder. I'm my own director, so I already know exactly how I want each shot to look, and how I plan to edit them all together later (although if you watch my films you'll see that I still make boo-boo's now and then).

For a group effort, though, in which there won't be any director there to block everything out for the actor, the storyboards will be absolutely critical to making sure that everyone is literally on the same page for each scene.

So who wants to volunteer for that . . . ?

BTW, I'm not trying to sound like the Grand Movie-Making Poo-Bah or anything---I'm just an utterly rank amateur who makes fan films for YouTube and who's never had a film class in his entire life.

But many of the problems we will face are the same ones I've already faced on my own very small scale, so I do want to offer my insights based on how I solved them.

We do have lots of REAL movie pros here, and if any of them have better solutions to offer, I'll gladly defer to them (and learn from them so I can make better YouTube movies).

I'm all for helping out, having worked on a film or two. I kinda wish there were some specifics in your proposal though .. I think I'm having trouble understanding the eventual goal. Is this a feature length film or a short? It will have to stay in the "fanfilm" genre due to licensing of course.. And last, it will cost money. Even Deadend cost 30 grand to make... And many of the resources on that film were free, on loan from a few FX shops. As far as the big wigs in filmaking.. Hmmm I'm on set with some of the "Predators" folk tomorrow.. I'm curious to see if they were aware of the Lair before it's making.. I know KNB was, but I'm curious to see if it's Producer was

I can put in some shots of wooded areas, etc. Any perticular shots of multiple areas I can do. just let me know the setting and how you want to pan the footage.....and I can put my son in full suit in some shots if he is one to be chosen for the film as a "young blood". So yes I am deffinately in to contribute something!

I see a number of logistical issues that would need to be addressed before going forth asking people if they would be interested. Equipment for filming - who would provide it? Shipping said equipment to other Lair members - who would fund it? Training other people on how to operate said equipment - who would provide it?

Is there a script already done? How many people would you need for Preds, Aliens, humans, etc. I don't think people have enough info to really understand what you're asking of them. Would I give my time for this? Sure, but I don't really know what it is you have planned here...not trying to be negative, I'm just asking the questions that I'm coming up with thinking about this project.

I see a number of logistical issues that would need to be addressed before going forth asking people if they would be interested. Equipment for filming - who would provide it? Shipping said equipment to other Lair members - who would fund it? Training other people on how to operate said equipment - who would provide it?

Is there a script already done? How many people would you need for Preds, Aliens, humans, etc. I don't think people have enough info to really understand what you're asking of them. Would I give my time for this? Sure, but I don't really know what it is you have planned here...not trying to be negative, I'm just asking the questions that I'm coming up with thinking about this project.

I dont know the answers to all those questions either friends-- This may not even be feasible. But why throw water on the fire before it even gets burning?
Lets at least see if there is enough interest and the proceed. We will stumble and fall, we will mess things up, we will make mistakes, but all in all IF IT HAPPENS AT ALL-- it will be a great experience that we all could say we were a part of and look back with satisfaction,
so again, as I said in my previous post-- Just a yes or no and your areas of expertise please-- I cant stress that enough.
Thanks for understanding .
I hate to say it, but if the thread continues to go off in a negative manner I will just close it down and forget the whole thing.

I guess I really dont even care if it IS a success, I would just like to try something common to pull all the talents of everyone here together-- I guess in the bigger picture that is what we are trying to accomplish.

Count me in FOR SURE!!!!

Being an aspiring monster suit actor... I would LOVE to be the man suited up in the pred suit! (I'm 6'4 athletic build). I am in Ohio so I am relatively close to you Eaglewood.

I could also do some painting and if I get my ball rolling, props as well. I'm a 3d modeler and animator so if someone with the know-how can impliment 3d objects into film, I could provide that as well!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back