Combining Talents See Post #160 For Details! Hotttt!

Yes from me as well...I am an amatuer photographer so I have a general idea about lighting. I also live on the coast of FL so can do beach/semi-tropical shots if needed.

I dont know the answers to all those questions either friends-- This may not even be feasible. But why throw water on the fire before it even gets burning?
Lets at least see if there is enough interest and the proceed. We will stumble and fall, we will mess things up, we will make mistakes, but all in all IF IT HAPPENS AT ALL-- it will be a great experience that we all could say we were a part of and look back with satisfaction,
so again, as I said in my previous post-- Just a yes or no and your areas of expertise please-- I cant stress that enough.
Thanks for understanding .
I hate to say it, but if the thread continues to go off in a negative manner I will just close it down and forget the whole thing.

I guess I really dont even care if it IS a success, I would just like to try something common to pull all the talents of everyone here together-- I guess in the bigger picture that is what we are trying to accomplish.

Just my two bits tossing in here!

IT ALL STARTS with ORGANIZATION and:

A TEAM!!!!
A DREAM!!
A PLAN to turn a DREAM into REALITY!!!
A REALITY comes to light with
A COMMITTEE for each DIVISION of work divided up By SPECIALTY and toned CRAFTS to create the REALITY!!
A ELDER of EACH COMMITTEE plan a RITUAL timed conference of development to date

So it may take a year or two, how else do you think the first real movies were made?
It does not matter whether it is a short film - a documentary - a video -+ or a full length movie
just enjoy and have fun collaborating on each of your own passions......
It is all about camaraderie within the troops!!

(Look at the Blair Witch project made with a cell phone and pocket camera)

All who say IN then YOU not DIVIDE but will CONQUER the DREAM with a TEAM EFFORT!!

And if it all does not turn into reality look at the friends made, relationship and bonds formed
and OMG the wealth of Knowledge one learns from each other, So Go to work TEAM PREDATOR

Just Kate here to cheer you all on and share my exuberance in all your hard work are for something bigger!!

I'm all for helping out, having worked on a film or two. I kinda wish there were some specifics in your proposal though .. I think I'm having trouble understanding the eventual goal. Is this a feature length film or a short? It will have to stay in the "fanfilm" genre due to licensing of course..

I just assumed this would be a ten minute YouTube thing.

Unless we want to make the sequel to "Predators" and try to talk Fox into distributing it.

Count me in FOR SURE!!!!

Being an aspiring monster suit actor... I would LOVE to be the man suited up in the pred suit! (I'm 6'4 athletic build). I am in Ohio so I am relatively close to you Eaglewood.

I could also do some painting and if I get my ball rolling, props as well. I'm a 3d modeler and animator so if someone with the know-how can impliment 3d objects into film, I could provide that as well!!!

Not that is the type of response that I am looking for-- dont care what or how it happens, you are just making yourself and your talents available if it does-- :) ;) Good Job!!!

I love the idea brother... its something I bet most of us have at least thought "Wouldn't it be cool if?...." Even the thought of it gets me excited!

I'm crazy enough to do stunt work. I do capoeira and have done lots of other martial arts so falling, flipping, jumping, dying are usually fun for me.

EDIT: I can also do suit work. I am not very big so it would have to be lone shots. Also I can do some custom predator click noises as I do them my self.

No negativity intended brother.. I actually quite admire the inspiration. I just look at things from a producers standpoint being that my masters was in producing .. That being said, my experience has been in producing music video, and live Television.. Im the supervisor of a pro FX shop, working on 7 features and a Tv series in practical FX. Besides that I'm proficient in Final Cut and ProTools and have shot on every film and HD format. I'd be happy to offer any help I can

No negativity intended brother.. I actually quite admire the inspiration. I just look at things from a producers standpoint being that my masters was in producing .. That being said, my experience has been in producing music video, and live Television.. Im the supervisor of a pro FX shop, working on 7 features and a Tv series in practical FX. Besides that I'm proficient in Final Cut and ProTools and have shot on every film and HD format. I'd be happy to offer any help I can

George would be a HUGE asset having both the experience and talent in the industry. Any concern or question he rises I am positive has 100% validity.

Thanks Brother-- Im sure we will call upon you to utilize your talents and expertise should this turn ito a reality!!

Where there is a will there is a way.

No harm in trying. No more pointing out all the problems with doing something like this, think happy thoughts. Positive thinking breeds positive results.

Me and Andrew had a millions "Problems" in our way at Arnold Expo, but that didn't stop us.

A little planning, hardwork mixed with some goodluck and it happens.

I challenge everyone to see how Far we can actually get. What else you got to do? Sit at the computer talking to people you have never physically met?! (haha)

Where there is a will there is a way.

No harm in trying. No more pointing out all the problems with doing something like this, think happy thoughts. Positive thinking breeds positive results.

Me and Andrew had a millions "Problems" in our way at Arnold Expo, but that didn't stop us.

A little planning, hardwork mixed with some goodluck and it happens.

I challenge everyone to see how Far we can actually get. What else you got to do? Sit at the computer talking to people you have never physically met?! (haha)

Gene,
there you go-- thats what Im talking about.
If nothing else comes of this, we will at least be able to unite the talents of people here and let everyone else know where our each individual areas of expertise lie. We will have a helluva lot of fun doing it too. Great friends will be made-- Look at what happened at the Arnold. We met brothers and sisters that we never knew we had (in a manner of speaking) and lifelong bonds were forged.
That in itself is worth its weight in Predator weapons!!!

Im sure that there are people here that have areas they are expert in and no one else knows it . This way it will be able to open doors and share the vast wealth of knowledge that is abundant here for sure.

So lets keep the replies coming along with where you are proficient or would want to be used. We will collectively get our heads together and see if we can set this beast loose on the world soon.

LAIR MEMBERS UNITE!!!!!

My post wasn't meant to be negative...George and I just had questions that you don't want asked at this point in time....which is fine. If all you're doing is asking for a show of hands for support then have at er

brilliant idear my friend i had this idear ages ago but had no way of putting it in swing a huge lair wide effort to create the ultimate rendition of what the dedicated fans think predator is all about i an in the uk and i dont have any perticular skills when it comes to the techie side of things but if it is shot in the uk which i doubt it i am 6ft 6 and could possiblly offer any help monster wise but i know there are many others out there of the same hight and it would be more conveniant for them as i am a student but i will try to help in any way i can
i cant w8 to see this progress

ron

Hello all,
Just an update to what has been brewing around in the warped mind of mine. I have consulted with some others in regards to this project and have talked with people who know about logistics, what and what not to do and the direction we should take this. They see the vision and offered some really good advice.
Here is the way we are thinking about laying this out:
We are going to do a video montage of the talent here on the lair.
We want anyone and everyone who has created a costume, prop, replica, weapon, special effects, anything Predator only to send in a short video of your work. Now this isnt just you in your bedroom with your costume on or showing us how your working gauntlet works in your garage or workshop-- No we want the best from you .
This is your chance to showcase what you really envisioned for your project.
If you envision your Berserker costume to be in a setting like maybe an old junkyard with twisted metal and a base camp with fires burning all over -- then that is what we want. If your predator needs to be in the forest with a pile of bones beside it cleaning a skull that he just claimed as a trophy, then that is what we want. If you see your predator hiding in a snowbank waiting on prey, or if you see your predator on a rooftop screaming at the city, or your gauntlet slicing thru steel, those are the things we want.
If you just have a head sculpt, put it in a place where maybe you have fluorescent blood running from it in a wooded setting or whatever highlights that piece-- dont just show us your head on a display stand. Use some imagination here.
This is YOUR little video-- This is YOUR time to shine, You are the producer, the director and or the actor. You have full control over how you want your work presented Give it your all and use your imagination and all the resources you have at your disposal. Call in favors from friends that can help. Ask your girlfriend, your brother, your next door neighbor to assist. If you know friends that are close and you can do scenes together, so much the better. If you want to use special effects in your video--go for it-- that is in fact encouraged.
We will have a common movement or action or something to be determined that will be required to be be used in each video to tie them all together. Will post this later.
If you dont have a costume or armor or weapons but can offer help with the editing, photoshop or film making work, soundtracks, etc, we need to know that also. If you have done a short film of your own that you feel is worthy, then sent it off-- We only ask that it is YOUR original work--not someone elses. You can use clips from movies, but we would ask that more than 50% of it be your own work.
We will let everyone know what format we need the videos and audio in and how long to make them.

Basically what we are doing is creating something so the world will know what lies within the LAIR. We want the world and everyone to know that we are a force to be reckoned with. We want to grab the attention of movie producers, special effects houses, actors, producers and the general public. We want to showcase everyone and everything that is submitted. Obviously we will be doing some editing and such for time constraints, we will be doing screen captures for scene transitions, etc, so dont just throw something together and send it. Make it awesome. Think back to when you were creating your piece, the time, money and effort that was spent in it.
Think of how you pictured that piece, what the setting was for that work, the perfect place to showcase it. If you gotta go out to a swamp and do some filming, DO IT-- If you gotta drive to a forest somewhere to do your filming, DO IT! If you need to contact a local butcher or slaughterhouse to borrow entrails or do your filming, DO IT! If you have to find a dead cow or deer and want to show your spear embedded into it. or your disc or wrist blades slicing thru it, go for it. THINK OUT OF THE BOX!!!!!

I think you are getting the jest of what we want.
A core group will then take all the submissions and edit and tie them together to create something special. We will show everyone what we are really made of. Everyones submission will be included in the final film. We may have to edit for time as I mentioned, but Everyone who participates will be included in the end product.
We will show people that we arent just geeks making costumes and dressing up for Comic conventions--We are so far above that here on the Lair. We arent just Star Wars Stormtroopers , Wookies or Trekkies-- We are freaking PREDATORS!!!! Its cool to go to these things, take photos with everyone and such, but at the end of the day, we go back to our homes or hotel rooms and take off our suits and costumes and wonder, do people really know how much work went into this and know how dedicated we are to our art and our craft? I saw this first hand while spending time at the Arnold with Kithunter and Meangene. There is no other group that is as dedicated or as loyal as the people here. -- > we are officially raising the bar here folks. Are you man or woman enough to step up to the challenge and give us your very best?

Keep watching this thread as we will give more details about the format , acceptable conditions,and the length of the video and the deadlines submission date. We want to give every one enough time here. Start thinking about this and planning for it NOW-- dont wait as we all know how time gets away from us.
Also if you are interested in being a part of this with other talents that were mentioned above, ie film editing, sound, music scores, special video effects, and so forth, please contact me with your specialty so we can get you plugged in here.

I actually have a full blown licensed version of Messiah Studio 5 that I have no idea how to use if someone wants to help I would be glad to get it to them for use in this project.

Ok--that is the task at hand. Will post more details on everything soon.
Start putting your plan together. I hesitate to say this, but this may tie in with what Kithunter is hinting around about on another thread and just add to that.
Cant say any more on that subject just yet.

The LAIR RULES!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a cool idea. According to the comic on which my Predator character is based, "Predator: Cold War", my Predator crash-landed in Siberia because the ship had some mechanical problems. I don't think I'll be able to travel to Siberia, though, and the snow we had around here is melting off.

However, I have another idea for filming. There's an old World War II munitions plant in Rosemount called the Gopher Ordnance Works. Something like this might be a cool background for some video:
235482251_8919aba2d2.jpgGopher Ordnance Works Ruins - Five Smokestacks by Kythen, on Flickr

I think it'd be pretty cool to get some video in the early spring, before all the trees have leafed out and everything is green again. I just hope there aren't any security people patrolling the place while we're there, though. Having a Predator running around old industrial structures might grab the attention of the local constabulary.

Sounds like a cool idea. According to the comic on which my Predator character is based, "Predator: Cold War", my Predator crash-landed in Siberia because the ship had some mechanical problems. I don't think I'll be able to travel to Siberia, though, and the snow we had around here is melting off.

However, I have another idea for filming. There's an old World War II munitions plant in Rosemount called the Gopher Ordnance Works[/url]. Something like this might be a cool background for some video:
Gopher Ordnance Works Ruins - Five Smokestacks

I think it'd be pretty cool to get some video in the early spring, before all the trees have leafed out and everything is green again. I just hope there aren't any security people patrolling the place while we're there, though. Having a Predator running around old industrial structures might grab the attention of the local constabulary.

That would be really cool-- great illustration of what to do. cant wait to see it!!!!

If you have done a short film of your own that you feel is worthy, then sent it off

Well in that case, my contribution is already done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCfewuhY9lY

As an inspiration for others, let me point out again that I did this film entirely by myself, against a green piece of cloth tacked up in my living room. If I can do it, you can too.

(Actually not ENTIRELY by myself--some of the voices were done by fellow Lair members who recorded their lines and sent them to me by email.)

So that's my submission. Y'all can leave it intact if you want, or edit it to just the Pred shots and FX if you want, or whatever.

As an aside, it might be interesting to have a reel consisting entirely of fan films submitted by Lair members. I've seen some very good stuff from us, and it'd be cool for everyone to have their work all gathered together in one place. Maybe as a separate side project.

There's an awful lot of talent amongst us. Let's show it off.

Dang This is a crazy idea.

I got Predator Stories, concept designs, Armor and characters. I have also opened up my own studio for output of all the props and costume.
My only problem is shipping all that stuff to where ever this is gonna be filmed. Shipping ain't cheap. Funds is only my issue.

So its not a big deal. I'm gonna do my own thing here. I will eventually make my own Predator Fan film "Shanghai Predators"
I got people here that do video like my friend who shot and edit my Con video

Well good luck, shoot me a PM if there's something I can do.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back