Combining Talents See Post #160 For Details! Hotttt!

I'm in.  I already have a pretty decent HD camera, though, so you really don't need to send it to me-----I have an itty bitty pseudo film studio in my living room with lighting and a greenscreen, that I use to make my fan films. So I can just film my own segment and then send the clip to whoever it needs to go to.

Lflank said:
I'm in.  I already have a pretty decent HD camera, though, so you really don't need to send it to me-----I have an itty bitty pseudo film studio in my living room with lighting and a greenscreen, that I use to make my fan films. So I can just film my own segment and then send the clip to whoever it needs to go to.
This is an idea as well. I will see about setting up a site where I can receive large files-- maybe an FPT site. This is a good option. Thanks for the idea.

Ok all-- i f you have a video already you want to submit, let me k now and I will let you know how to get it to me!!!!

eaglewood said:
This is an idea as well. I will see about setting up a site where I can receive large files-- maybe an FPT site. This is a good option. Thanks for the idea.

Ok all-- i f you have a video already you want to submit, let me k now and I will let you know how to get it to me!!!!

I'm working on another fan film now, and it will take me a few weeks to do all the compositing, FX and editing for that.  Once that's done and posted, I'll be ready to go ahead and film a clip.

We should all standardize on a format--it makes editing a lot easier. Since YouTube uses 720p High Definition, and since WMV files are the smallest and take up the least computer memory, that's usually what I shoot and edit in. So I suggest we standardize on that . . .?

Love the idea however rather than send out the camera here is another solution. Anybody wanting to participate could upload their video to you tube and have it marked as private. They could send you an acssess code which would allow you to then use a simple downloader.

cheers

Sean

Clay.. Sending the same camera to 52 people in 52 places is just asking for trouble. And I don't mean in the theft bracket. You're assuming that everyone will know how to use it. That in each shipping incident, the chosen company will be efficient as well as safe ( these things can also get damaged in transit) .. You will also deal with customs issues from country to country. I think that is remarkably nice that you are willing to make that sacrifice, however I think that is exactly what you'd be doing. That being said, you'd be surprised what you can achieve with just a cam on your cell phone. I have literally worked on large budgeted studio television shows and features that have used, cell phones, Flips and go pros. Almost everyone has the ability to shoot a quality image. You can upload to a drop box account and then one person could archive, convert and edit. This process would also be much quicker then waiting for a single camera to circle the globe. Just throwing this out there

Im open to all the ideas here--  I guess my main intention was to get everyone interested\. I know that with the technology we have today, it could be done the way George has said. Getting people to do it is another  issue. I figured if they have something in their hand that they HAVE to use and send off, it may up the ante-- but you are right about all the issues you mentioned George.

W@e will see how many want to do this or not.

ha ..it would be better to find out they weren't interested now then when they have your expensive camera show up at their door. BUT this is a good idea Clay ..and can be done ..parameters and deadlines for entries can exist ( just like a real production)

i think you are on the right track. I hope i can contribute something to this ..im about to get swamped with a few movies ( and new fatherhood) ..but im here if you need me

ptgreek said:
ha ..it would be better to find out they weren't interested now then when they have your expensive camera show up at their door. BUT this is a good idea Clay ..and can be done ..parameters and deadlines for entries can exist ( just like a real production)

i think you are on the right track. I hope i can contribute something to this ..im about to get swamped with a few movies ( and new fatherhood) ..but im here if you need me
Always welcome your insight-- ver y valuable to me and the Lair-- so How do I kick people in the ass here and get them excited about this???

Ha ..well when planned out appropriately, I would suggest a new thread with all the specifics ..this one is more of an idea brewing thread ..plus it has gone very long ..i think a fresh new thread is needed. then you do a sign in sheet.

So the thrust of the discussion in this thread was that we would tie all the segments together by assuming there has been a rash of worldwide Pred sightings, and people would present news reports, film footage of sightings, and such.

Is that still the plan? Or do we just wanna do a straightforward "Here's Lair members showing us their stuff" reel?

Me, I like the story idea, but it may not work very well for others . . . 

Im going to lay out a theme-- throw it out there and see who wants to be involved..  The more the merrier-- I dont think there is going to be a particular stroyline, but I want to be able to tie it all together-- Im giving it some thought.

I am interested, but probly can't do it-ya' know, school and all.
I have questions:
Prey?
Weapons?
Name of movie?
Name of Predator?
Clan?
There are sights that can help, like Predator: The Hunted- Symbols, translations, ect....
I know these questions may not be able to be answered yet thought.
(I was waiting for Brave Heart speech from somebody flipping through pages)[LOL]

Bo'Skarr said:
I am interested, but probly can't do it-ya' know, school and all.
I have questions:
Prey?
Weapons?
Name of movie?
Name of Predator?
Clan?
There are sights that can help, like Predator: The Hunted- Symbols, translations, ect....
I know these questions may not be able to be answered yet thought.
(I was waiting for Brave Heart speech from somebody flipping through pages)[LOL]
All will be revealed in the new thread!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back