Combining Talents See Post #160 For Details! Hotttt!

only just read this topic for the first time and i must say brilliant idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! count me in! id be happy to help however i can ;) I have a pred suit, study media in college so have some experience in all kinds of things e.g. editing,filming,promoting,producing,directing,script writing, im pretty new to after effects but getting quite good at it quickly also photoshop (ps im only on after effects cs3)

I can help out with props...I am excellent at great looking budget prop making... I just recently made a tommy gun and pump action shot gun for a friends photo shoot... I'll post pics when I get home, let me know!

only just read this topic for the first time and i must say brilliant idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! count me in! id be happy to help however i can o_O I have a pred suit, study media in college so have some experience in all kinds of things e.g. editing,filming,promoting,producing,directing,script writing, im pretty new to after effects but getting quite good at it quickly also photoshop (ps im only on after effects cs3)

Im sure your talents will be called upon when the time comes--
Thanks for the jump in!!!!

I can help out with props...I am excellent at great looking budget prop making... I just recently made a tommy gun and pump action shot gun for a friends photo shoot... I'll post pics when I get home, let me know!
We will see how to coordinate this-- pretty much everyone is doing their own thing and then we are going to tie it all together. But thanks and stay tuned.

85a00c9c.jpg

Page One.

c472ac67.jpg

Page Two.

3ad2c849.jpg

Page Three.

I have proper scanned images at home. These will be changed and made clearer tommorow.

The plan is to film these small scenes into a 2-3 minute film. Something short and sweet. I have no decided on an ending yet. The last Cell is the final scene as of this point.

I have already acquired most of what I need. The HD Camera is the next step. I have researched cameras alot and with some guidance from George I settled on the Canon 550D. If anyone is curious youtube some short film video tests of the cameras performance. VERY NICE!

This is the star.... Rob's Shiinto Predator. I am working on completing the suit within a month and begin filming as the forest foliage comes in fuller into June.
Shinto.jpg

I will post up my script when I get to my home PC later...

No thats what Im talking about!!!!
and as for cameras-- the Panasonic ZS8 ROCKS!!! I just got one and it is freaking awesome. I talked to a professional photographer friend of mine and he highly recommended it.
Can take fantastic close ups= HD video- zoom, stuff I havent even figured out yet.

No thats what Im talking about!!!!
and as for cameras-- the Panasonic ZS8 ROCKS!!! I just got one and it is freaking awesome. I talked to a professional photographer friend of mine and he highly recommended it.
Can take fantastic close ups= HD video- zoom, stuff I havent even figured out yet.

Hey brother, what FPS can you shoot at with that camera? Id love to do some footage at like 60-70fps so it can be slowed down and retain that smoothness! I need to do some camera research of my own!

Hey brother, what FPS can you shoot at with that camera? Id love to do some footage at like 60-70fps so it can be slowed down and retain that smoothness! I need to do some camera research of my own!
If you go online and look it up it will give you all the specs-- dont go for the ZS10 unless you want a touchscreen for another $100.
As I said, there is still stuff I dont know how to use on this thing. My photographer friend only gave me what I needed for now. As I progress he will show me how to use other features.

Oni-Page1.jpg

FINAL DRAFT PAGE 1.

Oni-Page2.jpg

FINAL DRAFT PAGE 2.

Oni-Page3.jpg

FINAL DRAFT PAGE 3.

Oni-Page4.jpg

FINAL DRAFT PAGE 4.

Oni-Page5.jpg

FINAL DRAFT PAGE 5.

Some cells are left blank becuase I copy/pasted cells all over the place.

Below is the script so to speak. Basically a verbal interpretation of the storyboard cells.

==============================

Film Title: ONI

Setting: Feudal Japan 15th Century

Characters:

Predator
“Hero” Samurai - Daigoro Itto
“Ronin” Samurai - Unnamed

Crew: TBA

Scene 1A: Camera fades in from black. A valley is pictured with mountains, a river and no visible structures. This is an old forest in 15th Century Japan, at the height of unrest within the Samurai Class. Unemployed Samurai roam the countryside, without work or purpose they take what they want hurting the weak.

...Subtitled over Japanese spoken language “15th Century Japan, Corrupt Samurai roam the countryside... a few remain true to Bushido... The way.”

Scene 1B: The camera slowly pans right over the valley showing us the scale.

Scene 1C: Slow zoom into forest canopy...

Scene 1D: The camera is under the tree line now and still zooming into the forest. In the background we can hear faint sounds of a fight, sword clashes and grunts.

Scene 1E-1F: The camera view is blocked by a tree as it pans right into view, Two Samurai are in mid battle. The sounds of the fight are loud and upon us now.

Scene 2G: Various shots of sword clashes from both fighters. (Fight to be choreographed on site) Hero Samurai has little trouble parrying blows. For him the fight is of no consequence. Ronin is sweating and huffing wind. His appearance is, dirty and unshaven, He lacks all finger qualities of a Samurai. Hero is well dressed, neat, orderly, Prepared.

Scene 2H: Hero's face is not visible, covered by his hat he shows no sign of strain. He is ready to finish this. Sword at the ready.

Scene 2I: Ronin makes a final attempt at our Hero, Hero's blade finds its target in a flash. Ronin is Dead instantly.

Scene 2J: The camera shows Ronin fall dead and lifeless to the ground, his sword falling from his hand lands sticking up in the dirt, point down. Blood pours of his wound.

Scene 2K: The reveal of Hero's Face, he is strong, clean cut.

Scene 2L: Hero cleans the blade with a flick of the wrist and sheathes it.

Scene 3M: The camera is low to the ground, in the background is Ronin, Dead. The camera is showing up Hero's Pant leg with a peculiar Patch on the ankle. It is a fanged “Oni Demon Mask”. The camera slowly pans up further along his leg... (The final design of the Oni Patch will resemble the design of the Predator's helmet)

Scene 3N: His waist is show, fist clenched around his waist band is a Charm Bracelet, it has the same “Oni Demon Mask” this time in the form of a Pendant...
Hero shows a slight bow facing his fallen opponent....

:FLASH: To Heat vision... up high in the trees, waiting... watching Hero... grunting and breathing heavy with anticipation of the kill to come. Hero is still bowing to his foe.

Scene 4O: The camera faces Hero returning up from his bow.. as the Predator lands in the distance behind his right shoulder. He is aware fully of the sound, but does not turn. A new opponent?

Scene 4P: Hero turns in a flash, Sword at the ready although not yet drawn... he sees his opponent....

Scene 4Q: We now see the Predator. He is wearing his helmet. Covered head to toe with loose Samurai armor parts, swords etc stolen from previous kills... he is standing... watching Hero in plain sight as a challenge.

Scene 4R: Close Shot of Hero's Face... Stunned! Eyes wide with surprise, not fear...

Scene 5S: Camera show looking down at Hero's hand. He is holding the Oni Demon Pendant... he stares at it with contemplation...

Scene 5T: Close Short of Hero's Face... This time he is resolute, all surprise has left his face... he has found his match... he whispers...

“Oni....”

Scene 5U: Hero turns to grab Ronin's sword still sticking out of the ground...

Scene 5V: Camera shows us Hero , ready standing strong dual swords in hand.

Scene 5W: Low Camera shot of the Predator right Blade Gauntlet as the blades punch out.

Scene 5X: Hero Charges...

End.

This is of course a First Draft of the Script. I am still working on it and WIDELY OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS.

I think the ending should be the Predator winning for once! Any thoughts?

Reading this script, I felt like I was there! May I suggest that as he looks at the pendant there is a flashback of when he was younger, and his father gave him the bracelet with the story of "the demon that watches then tests you" .... But all in all it sounds awesome!

Really diggin the creative collective coming from this thread. Mind if I pin to the top?...

I just came up with an idea for a contribution.

AM

NICE! We got the elder Andrew flowing with juices.... sexy!

That is a great suggestions about the flashback. That will have to be a whole other day of filming is my guess. WIth two more actors which I do not have at the moment.

Consider that a special edition add in! I wont forget that either.

i just found this thread for the first time,just now!

read through it.depending on how this pans out,its looks cool and would like to ba a part of it.
Im in TN, and theres a few other preds near here too.

Ive got 2 films i made for fun on youtube,

this one was a joke,we had planned to make a predator-ish fanfilm sequal kinda thing.after we did some shots my friend threw on his trooper armor and we did some extra stuff goofing off.ended up scrapping the fanfilm thing and just put this together into a joke of a story.none of this was the original intent(which makes it really funny to me that it turned out so well)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3lZNTu9X8Q

this one took more effort,and hasnt been viewd much.so ya never know what people will like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBI_VEWitvM

ill keep an eye on this more now.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back