Cobra V Bio - 04/07/2012 More Pictures Added

Double H

Sr Member
Hey guys and gals,

I am back with another first time sculpt this time attempting a custom bio based on a P1. Many of you may remember my Cobra bio design thread http://www.thehunter...11/page__st__25 and with the near completion of my Pred head sculpt, I figured it was time to start sculpting its Bio.

Once I started sculpting, I have decided to alter the design in places from the original. I wanted to try and take the design away from the overall P1 look whilst keeping some if it features.... if that made any sense, I'll take my hat off to ya lol

Pictures of the design

IMAG0520.jpg

IMAG0521.jpg

DSCF1158.jpg

Unfortunetly I forgot to take a photo of the bio before I covered it in clay. Underneath the clay is a layer of cling film.

DSCF1159.jpg

Started to add so rough details, needs a lil evening out and refining to make both lower parts around the bottom of the snout even. The black tubes are made from fancy kids straws and the grey is from a washing machine waste pipe.

DSCF1162.jpg

Then added more clay around the 'cheek' areas to the snout to make a bubble effect.

DSCF1164.jpg

Then added so more clay around the side of the center brow in the same effect. Also added in the iconic 'serpent' eyes. When the eye are cut out the the pointed triangle shape from the top will be left.

Just a couple of shots...

DSCF1168.jpg

DSCF1171.jpg

DSCF1172.jpg

I still need to add the rough out and details to the crown area and fins. Once I have added them, I can start refining and detailing.

After various emails, I give my thanks to Steve Hird for allowing me to use his P1 as my armature which helped me get the basic shape and size for the bio. Please see http://www.thehunter...r-reproduction/

Thanks for looking and let me know what you think.

its looking great already, seems like you have alot of clay, LOL, do you have a lot of tools too, im currently waiting on some to arrive, if you have pics of the tools post them, thanks and keep the pics coming

I like the look of this H. Especially the eyes.
Nice one.
C.

Thanks man, still a lil more defining to do on them.

wow, looking bad ass there bud!!!

Thanks for the great feedback.

Off to a good start!

Thanks man

its looking great already, seems like you have alot of clay, LOL, do you have a lot of tools too, im currently waiting on some to arrive, if you have pics of the tools post them, thanks and keep the pics coming

Thanks man, yours is looking awesome too. I have clay coming outta my ears lol I have quite a few tools but onlu really use between 5 and 10 of them lol If I can find a picture I will post it.

Definitely off to a good start! I like the cheek lines you have going on there. (y)

Thanks man still got a long way to go yet :)

Thanks again for the great feedback guys.

Had a chance to do a lil more clay slinging at this yesterday after my last update so I started on the crown area and building up on the left side (looking down on the bio). My plan is to add a piece or section to one side and then mirror it to the other. I want to get the basic shapes from the concepts design and then hopefully add onto to that from there.

DSCF1177.jpg
DSCF1175.jpg
DSCF1174.jpg
DSCF1173.jpg
Let me know what you guys think, any feedback is appreciated good or bad. Thanks for looking.

I must agree. This is starting to take on a good look. Can't wait for more progress pic's.

[quote name='A Hunter's Moon' timestamp='1327956800' post='332551']
Starting to take shape nicely. Glad to see the design pic up there as well.
[/quote]

Thanks for the kind feedback guys, hoping to get a lil more work done in the next couple of days and start building up the other side.

Update time.

I got a lil advice on this (thanks Usurper and A Hunters Moon) yesterday and I found out that the large pipes that I used on the forehead and snout area will cause damage to the silicone after a couple of pulls. Also, a unanimous decision decided that the sculpt was edging away from the original design. So, today I went back to the sculpt and started rechanging a couple of pieces and re-sculpted. I only spent about an hour or 2 on this but a got a lil done.

I re did the snout area (its not finished yet lo) and started replacing the tubes on the forehead (one side for now lol) and finally started to add the fangs in.

I also wasn't happen with the laser area so I have removed the clay from there and will re do that for the next update.

DSCF1183.jpg
DSCF1179.jpg
I also had a thought about the brow line on the design and quickly drew this up as a possible idea.... (pay no attention to the centre of the forehead or the end of the fins at the back - this is just for reference to the brow lol)

DSCF1180.jpg
Thanks for looking and let me know what you guys think.

Looking good! I like how the v shape on the snout ties back into the tubing a little bit. It's all more organic looking now, much like your design sketch. (y)

Thanks for great feedback guys.

UpDaTe TiMe!!! lol

I did a lil more work around the snout area, following my original design concept, whilst adding in a few little extra 'teeth' at the top. I did this because I original went to add one bigger tooth but it just looked odd and just seemed to be another 'fang' but in the wrong place. So, I made it smaller but then realised that that also looked odd . Then I thought why not add two more smaller ones either side of it?
After that, I then added the rest of the fangs around the lower jaw. These are just for reference purposes so the may be uneven. The plan is to cast the teeth seperatlly form the bio and then add them on at a later stage. So I will take the best looking teeth (which seem to be the ones on the left of the sculpt looking head on) and cast a bunch of the them. That way all the teeth will be the same shape and size.

I also finished re-adding the tubes on the forehead and added in the extra detail that was added to the re-design in my last update post. Start working on the right side of the sculpt but then had to call it quits as English weather at the mo is averaging -1 degrees C and my conservatory is as cold as..... even with a halogen heater on!

So, with weather permitting, hoping to get back out there in the next couple of days.

DSCF1184.jpg
DSCF1186.jpg
DSCF1185.jpg
DSCF1187.jpg
Let me know what you think and thanks for looking guys. ;)

Update time.

Had a few more hours to the throw at this so had a rethink on a few areas. On the snout, I changed the 3 'teeth' in the centre as the design started to become over complicated and too many fine details began appearing in one area so I removed it and started over. I then went over and refined some more of the details on the cheek areas.

After that, I then added a 'skin' look around the fangs along the lower jaw and then added in the ridge snake skin detail in centre of the forehead. I have raised the edges on parts to give a more 3D definition.

Anyway here are the pictures....

DSCF1201.jpg

DSCF1204.jpg

DSCF1205.jpg

DSCF1206.jpg

Thanks for looking and commenting guys.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back