Coaxium Hyperfuel - S2Jesse / Puzzlebox Build

s2jesse

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
The Hyperfuel canister was my favorite prop from Solo. I've been working on it for a bit and those who follow my Instagram have seen it in the works but I haven't posted on here yet for some reason. I've actually recorded some footage also but haven't really had time to put together youtube videos yet either so i'll start a thread here and begin posting it.

This is the current look at the time of creating this thread. Its pretty close i have a few tweaks to make for accuracy but pretty darn close i think.
rpf_header.jpg

I'm also in the process of doing a run since I had a lot of interest through Instagram.
If you are interested make sure to get on the list. Its basically a first come first serve signup list. Its about 1/3 full without even announcing anything yet.

Run Signup Form
Coaxium Hyper Fuel

Hope ya like it its been a fun one.
I'll start adding some of the build progress asap.

Heres the first bit of the outer canister. I've changed it a bit since this video. I dont know why sorry dont know why its sideways when linked here. Usually youtube lets you rotate it.

And one more here for tonight.. This is the prototype for how the lighting will work. I first made my own custom tiny boards to make sure it would work. Since they do I then designed and sent off a couple circuit boards to be made professionally. Those should be here in about a week. It will function the same but be a little cleaner. This is a TINY space to fit it all in :) I was pretty happy with how its working out.

Working on figuring out the crystal and vial which is the last part to figure out. Basically got the resin figured out just have to de-gass and seal the color on the crystal.

Nice progress. Always wondered how that little crystal would get in there.
Any thought of printing the crystal in a bluish filament instead of using dye? Or maybe glow in the dark filament? Does the led shine well through the resin?

Nice progress. Always wondered how that little crystal would get in there.
Any thought of printing the crystal in a bluish filament instead of using dye? Or maybe glow in the dark filament? Does the led shine well through the resin?

Thanks ;) Yeah the light shines through perfectly. I crystal is printed with a resin 3d printer. There is a blueish resin i might try too but didnt have any on hand. Next step is have to try "de-gassing" the resin to get rid of the bubbles. I have both a vacuum chamber and a pressure pot for that. Im sure just using the vacuum on the resin before the pour shoul'd do the trick

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back