Limited Run CLOSED: Kylo Ren CNC aluminium ultra accurate Saber

Re: Kylo Ren CNC aluminium ultra accurate Saber

I too am interested and willing to pay extra in getting the quillions in steel in addition to my aluminum set. I really like how on the saber used in the movie or that they display you can tell that it is made of metal. It has a really nice sheen and of course the heat rings look great. Having a full metal saber like this I think it's important to be able to tell that it is made out of metal.

I too have been thinking about anodizing mine as well. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with. I built a fully custom AR but this is a different level as I just anodized parts in solid colors and never weather them or try to give the heated metal effect. With the anodizIng I'm just worried about getting the right colors. I feel like it's easier to mix colors for paint. I'm sure it will just take some leg work and test pieces.

Steel quillions would be cool, but I understand we're super close to the finish line :)

I've been fighting this for a good while now as i'm not a huge Kylo fan, but, wow!, you guys did such a great job that i had to get one :)

Awesome work!

I'm pulling the trigger. Make me proud!
Thanks for the support!

The list is closing in a few hours and we've made 76 Hilts...wow. We wanted to stick at 50 but since the protos took a little longer to get out vs expected we kept the list coming in and people swarmed in once the physical piece was shown. But now today the list will be 100% closed, no room for more. There won't be any extra made beyond the run. So once this is done, it's done. Maybe someone will do another run later on down the road, but I'm done. This has been a crazy amount or work organizing and keeping everything straight. Thank god for the google form!

I've been fighting this for a good while now as i'm not a huge Kylo fan, but, wow!, you guys did such a great job that i had to get one :)

Awesome work!
Got you on the list, just in time :D

PM sent. Too awesome to pass up! Hopefully I'm not to late. :)
Got you as well!

Officially closed, final tally, 76. Signups no longer available.

Has anyone decided on their electronics yet? I have a few other sabers that I've installed myself but I've always gotten confused when it comes to which led to use and which resistors etc. I have a red luxdrive endor lying around which I'd like to use, but I don't really know much about it and I'm not sure what to use for the side leds either.

Has anyone decided on their electronics yet? I have a few other sabers that I've installed myself but I've always gotten confused when it comes to which led to use and which resistors etc. I have a red luxdrive endor lying around which I'd like to use, but I don't really know much about it and I'm not sure what to use for the side leds either.

It was mentioned that there will be heatsinks for the exhaust ports offered after the run closes. They will be for the Tri-Cree XP-E2. Personally, I'm going to run a Crystal Focus V8 with a single cell hack and three Tri-Crees all wired for double red and FOC. The CF8 has the trident feature so it will delay the ignition of the side blades about one second. It's going to suck a battery dry in about 30 minutes, but hey, it will be quite awesome for that 30 minutes.

It was mentioned that there will be heatsinks for the exhaust ports offered after the run closes. They will be for the Tri-Cree XP-E2. Personally, I'm going to run a Crystal Focus V8 with a single cell hack and three Tri-Crees all wired for double red and FOC. The CF8 has the trident feature so it will delay the ignition of the side blades about one second. It's going to suck a battery dry in about 30 minutes, but hey, it will be quite awesome for that 30 minutes.

Sounds awesome. I have no idea where to get hold of Tri-Cree leds in the UK unfortunately, I have this luxdrive from TCSS that I'd like to use, then I thought I'd get away with some random lower power ones for the sides since they don't need to be as bright, plus I'm not fussed about color changing or FOC. I'll be using a Spark 2 I've already ordered, which also has the delayed ignition. Trying to figure how to configure everything and wire everything correctly without burning out leds!

Sounds awesome. I have no idea where to get hold of Tri-Cree leds in the UK unfortunately, I have this luxdrive from TCSS that I'd like to use, then I thought I'd get away with some random lower power ones for the sides since they don't need to be as bright, plus I'm not fussed about color changing or FOC. I'll be using a Spark 2 I've already ordered, which also has the delayed ignition. Trying to figure how to configure everything and wire everything correctly without burning out leds!
I'm sure TCSS can ship to the UK can't they? Shipping cost would probably be atrocious. You could also Google Tri Cree XP and find a uk based supplier.
Sounds like you have a good plan! I don't think the side blades need an LED anywhere near as powerful as the main, but hey, I'm going for complete and total overkill here. Might as well, I'm pretty much broke now.

I'm sure TCSS can ship to the UK can't they? Shipping cost would probably be atrocious. You could also Google Tri Cree XP and find a uk based supplier.
Sounds like you have a good plan! I don't think the side blades need an LED anywhere near as powerful as the main, but hey, I'm going for complete and total overkill here. Might as well, I'm pretty much broke now.

Yeah it's hard to justify placing an order unless it's for a load of stuff, shipping was $48.50 last time I ordered! I think this is already my most expensive build, I normally use the Nano Biscotte but since I'm using the Spark 2 this time it's tempting just go all in and have all the features for once.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back