Clone Wars spin off “The Bad Batch” series discussion thread

That could actually be fun, if they ended up less as storm troopers, and instead ended up retired mando commandos or something. I just hope they use the animation style from "empire era" scene at the end of the clone wars last episode.

That, sadly, does nothing to peak my interest. it looks like the version of the show they could have chosen to do that would be least interesting to me.

But; it's not like I'm planning to punch out of disney+ any time son, so I'll see what the final product is. god forbid I watch one of the other ten star wars shows coming to the network

Bad Batch was my least favorite part of Season 7, but I have a toddler and will have Disney+ forever so I’m going to watch this anyway lol

I am happy many of you can find some enjoyment in this. The whole Rambo clone trooper character immediately turned me off to it. It would be one thing if they used it as inspiration, but to pretty much make him look like a clone trooper version of him, SMH.....

Seems Tarkin has "concerns" over the compliance of Clone Force 99. Looks like we'll also be seeing Saw Gerrera. I wonder if we'll also see a young Agent Kallus. One of his earlier missions with the ISB was trying to put down Saw Gerrera's rebel forces on Onderon.

I am happy many of you can find some enjoyment in this. The whole Rambo clone trooper character immediately turned me off to it. It would be one thing if they used it as inspiration, but to pretty much make him look like a clone trooper version of him, SMH.....
Actually, Hunter is the only one I do like besides Echo. He's not an insufferable ass like that sniper one, or an annoying loudmouth like Wrecker.

so, them pretty promptly being disavowed and hunted is more interesting to me than just them continuing to be annoying for the empire.

Is that "5's" renamed and repurposed as Echo? He looks normal besides being pale as **** and having the various ports an nonsense; which is how 5's was when he got yanked out of the droid tube.

Bad batch was part of his rescue though, right? Was an Echo (or Echo like) character with them at the time?

so, them pretty promptly being disavowed and hunted is more interesting to me than just them continuing to be annoying for the empire.

Is that "5's" renamed and repurposed as Echo? He looks normal besides being pale as **** and having the various ports an nonsense; which is how 5's was when he got yanked out of the droid tube.

Bad batch was part of his rescue though, right? Was an Echo (or Echo like) character with them at the time?
No, Fives went nuts in S6 after learning about the purpose of the inhibitor chips in the clone's brains. He was executed by Commander Fox after trapping Rex and Anakin in a ray shield, and rambling to them about the Order 66 conspiracy. In the series finale, we learn that Rex filed a report on the incident afterwards, and urged Ahsoka to look for it while he was fighting programing of the Order 66 protocol. This then prompted Ahsoka to capture Rex, and remove his inhibitor chip before escaping their Star Destroyer with all hands lost. I assume that we'll see in The Bad Batch series that Rex had since defected from the Imperial army rather than serve it, and is using the assumption that he was lost in the crash to fake his death.

In S7, during the Bad Batch arc, Rex and Clone Force 99 discovered that the Techno Union had recovered Echo's corpse from the battlefield at The Citadel Prison on Lola Sayu, and was being used by the Separatists to counter Republic battle maneuvers at the Battle of Anaxes. Anakin, Rex, and Clone Force 99 infiltrated a Techno Union controlled world to rescue Echo, who then joined Clone Force 99 at the end of the arc.

...In S7, during the Bad Batch arc, Rex and Clone Force 99 discovered that the Techno Union had recovered Echo's corpse from the battlefield at The Citadel Prison on Lola Sayu, and was being used by the Separatists to counter Republic battle maneuvers at the Battle of Anaxes. Anakin, Rex, and Clone Force 99 infiltrated a Techno Union controlled world to rescue Echo, who then joined Clone Force 99 at the end of the arc.

Ah, ok, so the rescued clone I'm remembering was Echo. I was remembering it like it was 5's that was presumed dead, then found in the droid facility being used as the battle maneuver core; then THAT made him snap and start babbling about the chips; I was getting the two things mixed up.

The tech guy's name is tech, the sniper's name is crosshair, the meathead's name is wrecker... way to take away the mystery lol. It's like the 7 dwarfs.

There still may be enough interesting side stories going on to make it worth watching though.

The tech guy's name is tech, the sniper's name is crosshair, the meathead's name is wrecker... way to take away the mystery lol. It's like the 7 dwarfs.
To be Fair, Republic Commando is pretty universally loved and admired and it features a Squad leader named "Boss," an Explosives expert named "Scorch," and a Tech guy named "Fixer." So, not all nicknames and Call-signs in the Grand Army of the Republic, and in real life, are nuanced and unique.

To be Fair, Republic Commando is pretty universally loved and admired and it features a Squad leader named "Boss," an Explosives expert named "Scorch," and a Tech guy named "Fixer." So, not all nicknames and Call-signs in the Grand Army of the Republic, and in real life, are nuanced and unique.
Very true...does feel cliche though, which many real and universally loved things do. I could've been a bit more constructive about it though.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back