Classic(mostly) Steampunk Joker WIP IMAGE HEAVY

jazzygeoffery

I've always wanted to do a Joker costume, but when my girlfriend told me she wanted to do a steampunk Harley Quinn with me as her "Mistah J," I had no idea what I was going to do other than the fact that I wanted to distance it from TDK's Joker as much as possible, though I later decided to incorporate a couple pieces from TDK because some things they were easier to obtain like Heath's scars opposed to Nicholson's smile
So I began gathering reference starting with her first appearance:
View attachment 201790
to other popular appearances:
View attachment 201791
View attachment 201792
View attachment 201793
orig-11780941.jpg
312905_10150268369152344_58690437343_7967984_4323310_n.jpg
baa-render-joker.jpg
and finally from the game which she was primarily basing her Harley off of:
injusticegreenlanternjoker_0900087253.png

With these in mind I decided that my Joker would wear a tailcoat with an orange shirt, green vest and bowtie, and a backpack containing a vile of Joker venom for his flower, and a power source for his joy buzzer, along with purple and white wingtip shoes and a "BANG" gun. Because time is scarce for this project I went ahead and ordered most of the costume online, bought fabric for the coat, and painted some shoes I got at goodwill a few years back...
IMG_20130625_182051_757.jpg

I do have one question right now though... does anyone have any tips for Heath's Joker hair?
Stay tuned for more pictures later this week!

Well that's disappointing that the first few links didn't show up... BUT huge update, most of my costume has arrived so here's a little sneak peak with stand in's for the pants ;)
j.jpg
j1.jpg
j2.jpg
special thanks to Phizzle127 for the awesome braces and socks :thumbsup
I'm going to go photoshop these to fix the color of the vest and tie, but enjoy in the meantime!

So here's the worst shop job I've ever done... but I blame the photo
jrender2.jpg
And here's a closeup... that I had a little too much fun with
jrender.jpg
And finally, my soon-to-be "BANG" gun atop my coat fabric
jgun.jpg

On a side note, does anyone know how to make the Rubies Joker gloves suck less? Soaking them in water or something?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back