Clarkson fired, Top Gear taken off schedules

Re: Clarkson suspended, Top Gear taken off schedules

It will be interesting to hear what happened this time. Maybe he threw a fit after saying he liked the new Corvette and then he and James said they liked their trucks.

Considering the stuff he gets slapped on the wrist for publicly, i'd be surprised to know what he said privately that was bad enough to suspend him.

Either way I don't suspect this will amount to anything.

I don't either, Jeremy is the only reason most people tune in to Top Gear anyhow.

I love Top Gear , all the other countries versions never lasted because the casts were awful ,and that includes the Aussie one.
But the show is getting a bit tired and to contrived ,Jeremy is a great entertainer who needs to hang it up before he makes a total c-o-c-k of himself.

TG died about 5 seasons ago......annoying whining pom is only entertaining for so long;)....the whole story is a media stunt to stop people switching off.

I stopped watching TG three seasons ago. It just became repetitive and boring, and it wasn't just the pacing of the episodes. I could basically predict when the same lame jokes would occur. The "specials" were the worst. Too predictable.

A fracas is not necessarily a physical fight, can just be loud and boystrous, which is Jezza in a nutshell.

Haha. People are offended by everything these days. We've become a race of whining politically correct baby's offended at the drop of a hat. His character is what makes the show. Maybe the producer was an ass and needed to be put in his place.Its probably just a publicity stunt though.

Ben

Now the question is: What triggered the punch? I had assumed he made one too many racist jokes until this morning when I saw on the news ticker at the bottom of the US morning show "Good Morning America" that he was accused of punching a producer.

The last few seasons were a bit poorer than they should have been, and it all got very contrived and a bit boring. But this season has improved considerably and was actually very funny. Got to say Gillian Anderson was simply stunning last week , a goddess driving a reasonably priced car at speed !!!!!!! These days TV comedy and entertainment is so bland because of the restrictions of political correctness its just too boring to watch. Most of the programs I enjoyed decades ago would never get made or airred. Really, the stuff they are complaining about is ridiculous mild when you compare it to some of the true life horror and real drama that nobody hesitates to transmit with little care other than to say "some veiwers may find some scenes distressing." Top gear presenters pretend to be the "Three Stooges" on wheels , its all an act and well scripted and it strikes a cord with many of us. I wish the BBC would just lighten up anjd let people get on with it. Jezzers just your grumpy uncle playing at being a bit of a berk!!!!

I think other channels are literally waiting with open checkbooks if the BBC do decide to fire him.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back