Interest Christopher Reeve Superman - 4 inches tall figure *NOW PAINTED* with Kenner / Palitoy style cardbacks and other superheroes!

Sorry NakedMoleRat - I missed this question. I had looked into getting them cast to make resin copies but I'm already so many hundreds of dollars down after commissioning the 3d sculpture, there's no way I can afford to front up the money for the materials, and labor required to make the molds and subsequent castings. What I like about the 3D printing is that each figure is identical with the same amount of clean-up required and there's little to no shrinkage and they can be printed indefinitely without needing to make a new mold once the first one starts showing wear from being used a lot.

Have you thought about casting the 3D print and making resin copies to bring the price down?

Just finshed making a Reeve Superman The Movie card and Keaton Batman card for another collector. They look really cool displayed together. I'll be using my Reeve Superman in my own personal display card and the Mattel Keaton Batman for the other card.

I'm in the United States but I would happily take a Reeve Superman: the movie painted figure on card as well as a Keaton Batman card back if you're still offering them.

Attachments

• 20200831_125717-1.jpg
    20200831_125717-1.jpg
    472.7 KB · Views: 108
Finally received a loose Mattel DC Multiverse Keaton Batman figure to try out with my custom cardback. VERY happy with how it looks. Just waiting on a bubble tall enough to use with the card because my standard bubbles aren't quite tall enough to fit the ears inside!

Attachments

• 20200906_145352-1.jpg
    20200906_145352-1.jpg
    301.4 KB · Views: 146
Jim Bowers from www.capedwonder.com just received his figures and cards. In his own words, here's what he had to say about them:

"Hi Chris! Wow! Wow!
Absolutely marvelous!!!!!!
Thanks SO much! What an amazing project!!!!! You deserve a rousing applause!
Your cards are absolutely perfect. I feel like I just opened a package from 1978!!!
"

If you're even remotely considering purchasing these, by all means do NOT hesitate. Get them. They are worth every penny. They were very securely packed and arrived without a scratch.

I just got my cards today for the Superman: The Movie, and Keaton Batman. The card stock is nice and sturdy with a very professional finish. The level of detail and styling is exactly what I would have expected from a vintage style Kenner action figure.

Now I just have to get a completed Reeve Superman figure cking, some proper bubbles to mount it and a Batman figure worthy of such an amazing card!
20200911_225335.jpg
20200911_225403.jpg

Thank you again for making these!

Psab

Thanks very much for your great review Psab keel. I'm really pleased that they arrived safely and that you like them. This is what it's all about. Great to see other people starting to appreciate the potential of these "what if Kenner had made them" cards. (y)

Last edited:
Don't debate for too long. I won't be making these indefinitely. Once my current artwork prints and card stock runs out, I won't be re-stocking them.

I’m still debating which ones I want. I have such limited shelf space these days, lol.

Last edited:
These are legit!!! Super happy with them. Chris did a fantastic job on them as you can see, and is great to work with.

2dd793ab-f503-416d-b5f7-d25426ea23d3-jpeg.jpg

436fdc84-3c77-45c9-aae7-4ec89a4d73fb-jpeg.jpg

9dca0ef6-8f7e-4eb5-9e27-925d599536c1-jpeg.jpg

Attachments

• 1600535072194.gif
    1600535072194.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 59
By popular demand, I've added the John Wesley Shipp 90's The Flash TV Series to the Kenner cards.

Attachments

• Kenner-The Flash Card-Front.jpg
    Kenner-The Flash Card-Front.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 62
Out of curiosity, is there a reason why you made the Wonder Woman card have the 1970s figure instead of the World War II figure? Since all of the other WW figures are from season 1, I figured that the main figure would be season 1 with the mail away figure being being from season 2.

That was my original intention floatinjoe, but the best photos I could find for the front of the card were the season 2 70's costume instead of season 1 so it ended up using that instead. Couldn't find enough interesting characters from the 70's era season to fill up the back of the card, so that's why they're pretty much all World War II characters on the back.

Makes perfect sense. You did a great job, and you have to work with what you have/can find. I'm a fan of the Lone Ranger television series. I'm always trying to find decent artwork for season 1 and for the John Hart years. They're almost impossible to find.

I used a Robocop 3 image on my first attempt. D'oh!
Here's the corrected version with an image of Weller in the costume from the first movie.

Attachments

• Kenner-Robocop Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    Kenner-Robocop Card-Front-and-Back.jpg
    825.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back