Chinese Batman Cosplay suit review

Billzebub

I recently purchased a vinyl Batman Begins suit from Duokings, which I imagine is pretty similar to the one from CosplaySky, but I can't say 100% that all Chinese sewing shops are the same, so caveat emptor. I was looking for a begins suit that was easy to get in and out of and had better mobility for children's parties and charity events. I think it will fit the bill. Even with "custom sizing" it is a bit loose and it is quilted like a pair of hunter's coveralls. It'll probably be crazy warm in Summer. This also makes it a bit puffy in places. It's a tad baggy in the midsection and the knees are a little off center (I may just cover them with rubber knee pads). Overall, I am pleased with the main body suit.

The accessories are ANOTHER STORY: It included a child's plastic batman fascia as a mask ( I wasn't expecting much there, I'll purchase a $200 cowl elsewhere). The gauntlets are comically proportioned. They could fit around my calves or biceps. The belt looks like a combination of a wrestling belt and something a 3 year old with the vaguest notion of a Dark Knight utility belt might draw. The gloves are typical shiny vinyl costume gloves. The only redeeming accessory is the cape, which is a heavy gauge polyester with a nylon lining. The only problems with the cape are a tie closure and a lack of pockets for rods across the top. I might sell the cape to recoup some expense.

It doesn't look as good as a UD Replicas, but at 1/8 the price it will suffice for what I wanted it for. I dunno if I'd drag it out around other cosplayers.

Pics posted below

Last edited:
IMG_0424 (1).JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back