Chewie, we're home!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Unforgiven, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Unforgiven

Unforgiven Active Member

And so are the laser crossbow and DL-44! :)

chewie were home.jpg

Raiders March likes this.
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven Active Member

And the laser crossbow and DL-44 are BACK., BABY!!! :cool

chewie were home.jpg

3. EVILPET

EVILPET Member

Let the haters hate and the whiners whinge, but I'm really looking forward to this movie.

LTsmash1200 and Unforgiven like this.
  4. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I wonder if Chewie dyes his hair. I mean he's looking pretty good for his age

Unforgiven likes this.
  5. Bad Wolf

Bad Wolf Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

that's just plain 'ol awesome right there :)

Unforgiven likes this.
  6. Mara Jade's Father

Mara Jade's Father Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Would love to see more of what that leather jacket looks like.

Chewie is looking good. I wonder if he had some work done or just a new conditioner.

WyoWilliam and Unforgiven like this.
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven Active Member

Well, a wookie's average lifespan is 400 standard years, so maybe he still has a century left before he starts graying.

Incidentally - Chewie was 200 years old in Episode IV. According to the Star Wars canon, he died in the book Vector Prime which takes place 25 years later. It's been almost 40 years since Episode IV, so they obviously ignored that plotline. There will be outraged purists coming out of the woodwork now, mark my word, lol!

8. Egon

Egon Well-Known Member

Certainly looks like the ANH DL44 to me based on this short bit!

Unforgiven likes this.
  9. Mara Jade's Father

Oh, I agree. Just trying to be funny. But in truth, he does look better. Not that I am trying to say they made him look wrong. Maybe he got a weave. Who knows. :p

I don't mean to be an * but... Where have you been? Disney and LFL came out with a press release shortly after the transition saying that all EU is now considered non-cannon and there was a lot of discussion about it here and around the web. The new books and comics that came out last fall are canon (reprints of old material is labeled Legends which equals non-canon). The new EU is now monitored and planned accordingly so that stories fall in line with what was and will be established and not conflict.

The fandom was split. Some felt * because they spent so much time and money invested in the EU. There was fans like me who stopped following EU because... sorry if I upset you... was pretty much crap. So yes. forget what you think you know about the EU.

However, just because it was in the old EU does not mean it is gone forever. There are some old elements that have been reintroduced... maybe differently from what you remember, but little things here and there have been popping up.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
    Unforgiven likes this.
  10. syldar

syldar Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

He might be getting grey patches on his back.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  11. PoopaPapaPalps

PoopaPapaPalps Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hair plugs. Like most things with fur, I would assume he would bald after a certain age.

Unforgiven likes this.
  12. syldar

syldar Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have seen a wookie mask without the hair. So an entire one without hair... terrifying would be an understatement.

LTsmash1200 and Unforgiven like this.
  13. Nataku

Nataku Sr Member

Thank god they didn't give Chewie the Foo Man Choo 'stache again. :facepalm

Unforgiven likes this.
  14. bothanspy

bothanspy Sr Member

Look at Han's jacket ... looks like an Indiana Jones leather jacket?

15. Crazylegsmurphy

Crazylegsmurphy Active Member

I am so excited for this new outfit!

That jacket will look amazing next to my Raiders one. I wonder if it is perhaps a long coat?

Seeing those two again gave me the chills. I am really looking forward to seeing more.

Unforgiven likes this.
  16. Indy Magnoli

Indy Magnoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It's made out of dark brown leather... but that's where the similarities stop. As soon as we get enough photos of this jacket, I'm making one!!

You can barely see the DL-44, but the flash suppressor looks more ANH than ESB/ROTJ.

-Magnoli

Unforgiven and chuck2003 like this.
  17. ItalianNinja86

ItalianNinja86 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I was thinking the same thing BothanSpy

It has some elements of the Indy jacket like the wide storm flap and what looks like a button stud on it but it also has the stand up/mandarin collar of his Bespin jacket

it also has a chest pocket up near the shoulder from the angle in the photo and looks like it might be either three separate loops to hold code cylinders or might be one regular pocket with what looks like a few code cylinders or something similar tuck into it.

Also Hans shirt still has the classic stand up collar and is reminiscent of his ANH shirt but it looks like instead of being a constant V-neck it can now button up

Unforgiven likes this.
  18. Unforgiven

Unforgiven Active Member

MJF - not offended in the least, lol! As you can see from my post count, I haven't come on here too often since I joined. Being a dad and working 2 jobs saps the living life out of you... I don't even have the time to go online and spend a few minutes so I can buy the prop replicas I can afford!!! :)

I do appreciate your deeper knowledge about the Disney transition and the aftermath - helps me get back into sync with the characters and storyline.

Cheers!

Sym-Cha likes this.
  19. TazMan2000

TazMan2000 Sr Member

It looks like Chewie got his fur done at the hairdressers, and Han should have.

TazMan2000

20. Mara Jade's Father

This concept art got posted last December. I'm thinking this is the jacket we are seeing.

[​IMG]

This is was posted last August...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    Sym-Cha likes this.
  21. Indy Magnoli

I'm hoping this is still just a jacket, not the coat. Comparing Finn's leather jacket to the original design sketch, the two are really similar. While Han's coat design and the jacket above are quite different. The first concept above seems to have him wearing a vest as well... maybe he'll have a costume change?

22. Mara Jade's Father

If I was forced to bet, I would say that in the trailer, he is wearing a vest under his coat. I don't think the coat is replacing his vest, simply layering over it. Simply a guess.

btw: I like Finn's jacket.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
  23. Indy Magnoli

Well, based on the Vanity Fair photo shoot video, it's definitely short jacket, very plain back and sleeves. Should be a piece of cake to replicate.

Walter likes this.
  24. clonesix

clonesix Sr Member

So, he says "We're Home."

I asked myself "Where IS that?"

Are they on Correllian?
    Tattooine?
    Wookiee Home World?

Where is "Home"

25. ARKM

ARKM Sr Member

Well here's one weird (and probably wrong) theory I came up with... The Falcon is home and they had to reclaim it from some bad guys that have had it in their possession for quite some time.

26. Indy Magnoli

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if "home" was the Falcon.

GotWookiee likes this.
  27. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just assumed it was the falcon

28. Wolfsburg

Wolfsburg Sr Member

The Falcon was my guess too. As others have said, either it was abandoned for some reason or perhaps stolen. The fact they have their weapons drawn, lead me to believe they haven't been aboard in a while.

29. Mara Jade's Father

Months ago, rumors stated that Han was no long in possession of the falcon at the beginning of the movie. My guess is that Rey has it. For obvious reasons if you been reading other rumors. So to further guess, I think Han and Chewie were sent to help the new heroes and when they got to the location of the falcon, they either had to deal with adversaries or suspected adversaries aboard the falcon. Once things were all clear, Han got to enjoy his surroundings in which you hear him make his statement. Like I said, just a guess.

30. chefhawk

chefhawk Well-Known Member

I love it.

There was also talk of chewie having a mechanised hand.
    Chewie does look allot younger.. if you look at rotj he had lost allot of hair around the lip area, particularly the lower lip. Also around the forearm area the hair was patchy at best. He looks more squinty eyed in the trailer as opposed to the vanity fair cover.

I would love to take a closer look at the mask

31. Mara Jade's Father

Cool. I had not yet watched the video. I wonder if he will sport a long coat at some point or if that was a rejected concept piece.

32. chefhawk

chefhawk Well-Known Member

there you go

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  33. Mara Jade's Father

Thanks.

I am also baffled why people think Chewie should have gray. He's considered what... 240-250? Still in his prime for his species.

mvanwalks421 likes this.
  34. omarelzayatie

omarelzayatie New Member

its actuall based on an M712 as opposed to the C96

35. intwenothor

intwenothor Active Member

Thank God. I tried to get into some of that EU stuff, I really did but i couldn't because you're pretty much spot on; it's rubbish. I read that book where Chewie dies (some bosh about a moon colliding with a planet he was on or some other dross) and it was awful. It seemed to share that in common with all the other Star Wars books I tried to read. They were so badly written I struggled to comprehend what on earth was going on.

This is great news.

36. Marv

Marv Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I'm sure they could all go through a worm hole and re write time ;)

37. Graff Dethera

Graff Dethera New Member

As long as the big walking carpet is alive and well, I'm happy. :)

38. intwenothor

intwenothor Active Member

The trailer suggests to me that he might not make it.