Chewie, we're home!

Unforgiven

And so are the laser crossbow and DL-44! :)

chewie were home.jpg

Chewie is looking good. I wonder if he had some work done or just a new conditioner.

Well, a wookie's average lifespan is 400 standard years, so maybe he still has a century left before he starts graying.

Incidentally - Chewie was 200 years old in Episode IV. According to the Star Wars canon, he died in the book Vector Prime which takes place 25 years later. It's been almost 40 years since Episode IV, so they obviously ignored that plotline. There will be outraged purists coming out of the woodwork now, mark my word, lol!

Well, a wookie's average lifespan is 400 standard years, so maybe he still has a century left before he starts graying. ;)

Oh, I agree. Just trying to be funny. But in truth, he does look better. Not that I am trying to say they made him look wrong. Maybe he got a weave. Who knows. :p

Incidentally - Chewie was 200 years old in Episode IV. According to the Star Wars canon, he died in the book Vector Prime which takes place 25 years later. It's been almost 40 years since then, so they obviously ignored that plotline. There will be outraged purists coming out of the woodwork now, mark my word, lol!

I don't mean to be an ass but... Where have you been? Disney and LFL came out with a press release shortly after the transition saying that all EU is now considered non-cannon and there was a lot of discussion about it here and around the web. The new books and comics that came out last fall are canon (reprints of old material is labeled Legends which equals non-canon). The new EU is now monitored and planned accordingly so that stories fall in line with what was and will be established and not conflict.

The fandom was split. Some felt pissed because they spent so much time and money invested in the EU. There was fans like me who stopped following EU because... sorry if I upset you... was pretty much crap. So yes. forget what you think you know about the EU.

However, just because it was in the old EU does not mean it is gone forever. There are some old elements that have been reintroduced... maybe differently from what you remember, but little things here and there have been popping up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking the same thing BothanSpy

It has some elements of the Indy jacket like the wide storm flap and what looks like a button stud on it but it also has the stand up/mandarin collar of his Bespin jacket

it also has a chest pocket up near the shoulder from the angle in the photo and looks like it might be either three separate loops to hold code cylinders or might be one regular pocket with what looks like a few code cylinders or something similar tuck into it.

Also Hans shirt still has the classic stand up collar and is reminiscent of his ANH shirt but it looks like instead of being a constant V-neck it can now button up

MJF - not offended in the least, lol! As you can see from my post count, I haven't come on here too often since I joined. Being a dad and working 2 jobs saps the living life out of you... I don't even have the time to go online and spend a few minutes so I can buy the prop replicas I can afford!!! :)

I do appreciate your deeper knowledge about the Disney transition and the aftermath - helps me get back into sync with the characters and storyline.

Cheers!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back