Chewbacca ROTS (completed)

For sure, gonna go out on limb and say this probably the best fan made Chewie/ prop I've ever seen. Bravo Dougie!!:thumbsup

For sure, gonna go out on limb and say this probably the best fan made Chewie/ prop I've ever seen. Bravo Dougie!!:thumbsup

Agreed!

I don't even want to try and take a stab at making my own costume. It would never turn out as nice. Great job!

Thanks million for all the comments!!

For anybody thinking of making one, I say go for it!!
Have only trooped in it once so far and it was the best yet!

dave you've inspired me.. lol.. defo gonna take on the challenge of making one.. where did you get the netting to make the body suit.?

i have to agree , one of the best chewies out there. hands down. nice freaking work!!

but watch your back, the number of kashyyyk troopers in the UK are growing....and i need some new wookiee braids for my boba fett.......LOL.

Funnily enough one of our garrison members has just ordered one from you, we'll still be mates til order66 comes through!!

wow... truely outstanding , does the jaw movement work well ? would like to see some pics if possible in full roar pose (makes you wanna tackle one yourself)

Not sure to be honest, I think I ordered 5 metres, still have a lot left!

You wont have much left after you've made my suit Dave! lol

Saw this Wookie in the flesh at Invasion Dublin, it really has to be seen to be believed! It is one of those costumes that has the 'wow' factor.
Even his walking gate looked natural, this was just like meeting Chewie himself!!!! Very inspiring. Now everyone in the garrison want's to do a Wookie.(me included!)
I didn't know Dave was suiting up so there I was having a really busy day with people queing to have their photo with me as Vader and then suddenly my crowd disappear. I look over, and they're all running towards this walking carpet that's entering the hall...:lol

Throughout the project I had said that I'd consider making more wookiee costumes, now that it's finally complete (more or less), I'm still very excited about the prospect of making more!

I will be making approx 3 to 4 full costumes and approx 10 heads over the next year or so. Ambitious??? Probably but I think it will get easier with experience plus I hope to get help from some family members.

Already have 2 people commiting to a display version, so if there is anyone out there who is genuinely interested in either a full costume or just a working mask, please drop me a PM and we can discuss prices etc! OT mask sculpt is well underway!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back