ChefBZD's Halo 4 (5?) Master Chief WIP

BMP Props

Hey All! Its been a while, but I'm back in action! I know what you're thinking, "Great...ANOTHER Halo suit...", but hey, I'm a fan soooooo...here we go!
For my second complete armor suit I am building Master Chief in the style of Halo 4 (maybe 5?).

I am moving pretty fast with this build, as I bought myself a Silhouette Cameo to do the stencil cutting. I have been knocking out one piece per day and here's what I have so far...

note, the glove is from my Halo Reach build, just looked silly with a bare hand...

What do you think???

I seal with plasti dip, then two coats of high build primer, then two coats of green spray, one light mist coat of a different green, and dry brushing with black and silver ceramic paint.

Think it looks fricken awesome! Cant wait for more! Do you have any problems with the thin craft foam lifting after paint?

Thanks! I had issues with that on my last suit, but now I secure every corner with superglue. Also, my sealing/painting process involves like 7-8 coats, so it gets a pretty strong shell to keep everything locked down.

Finished the gloves today, I found a really great pair of gloves at Harbor Freight...kevlar lined, leather grip, nice leather wraparound detail around the thumb...$10. Got the hand file from Rainbow Dash's H4 MC thread on the 405th.

Any chance you'd consider going into detail on your sealing and painting technique? This is some of the best foam paint I've ever seen.

Any chance you'd consider going into detail on your sealing and painting technique? This is some of the best foam paint I've ever seen.
Sure! I'll make a video when I paint the next part. Thanks for the compliment.

Also, I finished the second boxy torso thing...

Now, I'm wondering whats the best way to achieve that big gnarly battle damage 'scar' on Chief's chest armor...I'm thinking butane torch? Unless anyone has a better idea...

Nice foam work! I've made that same torso from fibreglass and it sits well but I was never happy with the accuracy as it was built from memory before the game was released. There was another one available too on the 405th but I found it was too long in the chest to sit well.

Looks great and the paint is awesome! Keep going! :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back