Chase Butler

After finally collecting all of the parts and doing the conversion, my ESB Luke lightsaber build is finally complete! This thing is absolutely gorgeous and just about as accurate as you could possibly get, right down to the correct cave scene stamping on the end! Almost ever part (except for those listed) are 100% vintage hardware.

This build consists of the following...
- Vintage Folmer Graflex 3-Cell Flash
- Vintage Kobold Flash Clip
- Vintage 2nd Red Button
- Vintage Otis Elevator Edge Connector
- Vintage Exactra Screws
- Wannawanga D-Ring and Clamp Tape
- Todds Costumes Grips

This is been by far my favorite build I have ever done! It's pretty cool getting to hold in your hand almost exactly what Mark Hamill did in Empire Strikes Back.

Now for the glorious photos :love:

IMG_7111-Edit.jpg

IMG_7116-Edit.jpg

IMG_7090-Edit.jpg

IMG_7086-Edit.jpg

IMG_7095-Edit.jpg

IMG_7072-Edit-Edit.jpg

IMG_7076-Edit-Edit.jpg

IMG_7079-Edit-Edit.jpg

IMG_7083-Edit-Edit.jpg

Lovely replica!

I’m still not convinced that the Otis boards are the correct found part, due to those few offset/off-center thin traces. Either the right card has yet to be found, or it’s something lose entirely, because the various screenused props all look to have centered thin traces.

And I see this had the proper Wampa cave Folmer stamping alignment! Awesome!

Last edited:
After finally collecting all of the parts and doing the conversion, my ESB Luke lightsaber build is finally complete! This thing is absolutely gorgeous and just about as accurate as you could possibly get, right down to the correct cave scene stamping on the end! Almost ever part (except for those listed) are 100% vintage hardware.

This build consists of the following...
- Vintage Folmer Graflex 3-Cell Flash
- Vintage Kobold Flash Clip
- Vintage 2nd Red Button
- Vintage Otis Elevator Edge Connector
- Vintage Exactra Screws
- Wannawanga D-Ring and Clamp Tape
- Todds Costumes Grips

This is been by far my favorite build I have ever done! It's pretty cool getting to hold in your hand almost exactly what Mark Hamill did in Empire Strikes Back.

Now for the glorious photos

The app doesn’t show the price. What’s the damage for such an amazing piece?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back