Chappie - Head Project (3D Printed) - Build Thread / Picture Heavy / Finished! -> Page2

Absolutely stunning work

A little tip I used many years ago for paint chipping, I used a little amount of Vaseline on a brush and dabbed it where I wanted the effect of chipping,
then I would spay or airbrush the paint all over as needed for the model,
when the paint was dry I would gently remove the paint over the Vaseline then gently wipe it away leaving flaky edges, the more top coats of paint added over the Vaseline the deeper the chipped paint looks

Absolutely stunning work

A little tip I used many years ago for paint chipping, I used a little amount of Vaseline on a brush and dabbed it where I wanted the effect of chipping,
then I would spay or airbrush the paint all over as needed for the model,
when the paint was dry I would gently remove the paint over the Vaseline then gently wipe it away leaving flaky edges, the more top coats of paint added over the Vaseline the deeper the chipped paint looks

Yeah I tried with liquid latex, but wasn't really happy with the result.. it didn't look like real paint chipping for the most part. Will need to practice more and will give a go at your technique too. Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I got a couple requests in DMs for the files I redesigned and the Arduino code, so here they are.

LEDs: Code to run the individual LEDs on the build.
Boot Sequence: Images, Code to run the eyes boot sequence in both ST7789 and ST7735 LCDs from Adafruit.
BackLCD: Images and Code to run the back LCD pannel, with the triggering mechanisms for the magnetic sensors.
Updates: STL's for the updated and redesigned parts.

Have fun!

Attachments

• LEDs.zip
    3.8 KB · Views: 159
  • BootSequence.zip
    362.1 KB · Views: 152
  • BackLCD.zip
    171.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Updates.zip
    6 MB · Views: 151
This is freaking amazing; very possibly thr best one i've seen so far! I'm wanting to start on my own but I noticed Razmataz seems to have taken down the files. Hopefully not because of Sony Entertainment! Are you able to share your files online?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back