Celebrity jerks?

I've, unfortunately, met Kevin Jonas. Really polite and a nice guy.

Daniel Logan is a phenomenal person to meet. Literally spoke to him for half an hour and he gave me 'round 10 things autographed that I didn't even ask for. He's really cool.

I've met Bo Burnham. Not sure if you'd call him a celebrity but he is pretty YouTube famous. Waited for him after a shower at UCF last year. Nice to any girl that approaches him but I asked if he could take a picture with me and he said no just autograph. Didn't make sense to me.

Funny on the Jonas one!

Bo Burnham has some pretty funny songs. I love HOAR myself.

mainly met star wars actors
dave prowse met him twice really nice and chatty
same for kenny,peter,jeremy,and all the sw actors

andy serkis was awesome and spoke to my ex as gollum and smeagol on the phone awesome

dee snider saw him in universal studios would not have a pic taken with me,a bit arrogant

I've worked on a couple of films in Toronto. The nicest actor on a set that I ever met was Bruce Willis (on RED). He came up and talked to a bunch of us who were getting our prop guns given to us. He was a really nice guy, and was very casual on set with everyone. A real pro.

The nicest actress I ever met on a film was Liv Tyler, on The Incredible Hulk. She was really sweet and charming with everyone. A genuinely nice person. I also met Danny DeVito when he was directing a film in Toronto, and he was a really cool guy too. Tim Roth (on Hulk) was also a great guy to chat with, and I got to have a beer with him at the after party.

Now the jerks: Anne Heche and Ed Norton... Anne was rude to everyone on the set of One Kill (2001), and was really rude and condescending to the other actors. She always just hid in her trailer between takes, and was only 'nice' when Ellen was on set to visit. Ed Norton on the Incredible Hulk (2007) was just plan unlikable, and was always demanding changes. It is no wonder to me that he wasn't cast for The Avengers.

Ed Norton on the Incredible Hulk (2007) was just plan unlikable, and was always demanding changes. It is no wonder to me that he wasn't cast for The Avengers.

It could have just been a consequence of "having" to be a part of The Incredible Hulk movie.... :lol

I met a few wrestlers when I was a kid. I remember at the end of a wrestling show, for reasons I don't know, my family hung back until everyone in the stadium was just about gone, and I remember seeing Gold Berg my the wrestling stage and he waved at me. That same night I got Booker Tees autograph, he was a pretty nice guy. If anyone remembers The Cat, he was an ass.
On a side note that I found pretty cool, I was talking about Supernatural back when I was in high school, and my teacher told me he went to school with Jenson Ackles and played football with him, said he was one of the nicest dudes he'd met. And he mentioned how Jenson would model clothes as a kid and he's talk about people giving him cool clothes, taking his picture, then letting him take the clothes home.

A few years ago, I met Ray Rice at an event, and after chatting for five minutes, I asked him what he did for a living. He explained with no condescention that he plays for the Ravens. Super nice guy, makes me chuckle to think of that now.

I was an extra in 'Ladder 49' since they filmed in Baltimore, very close by. We were filming a scene in a church with over 100 extras and I was within arms reach of Joaquin Phoenix- but unfortunately we were instructed not to interact with him.....

As the first celebrity I've been around, it was surreal to be outside waiting for filming to start, and to see him just walk by with a cigarette. Sucked to not be allowed to just say 'hi' but I'm sure it was just because there were too many of us

The funny part is that we were there for 8 hours and the 'church scene' translated to a lousy 3 seconds of film! :D

Billy Dee Williams. I was really excited to meet him because I consider him one of the unsung heroes of Star Wars! However, he was awful. At one convention, he threw a hissy fit because he didn't like the music they were playing (there was a battle of the bands tournament) and made them call off the tournament entirely!! At another convention, I mostly had a problem with his assistant. At his Q&A panel, his assistant would not even allow him to answer some questions because he said they were "generic and stupid". Billy Dee seemed so washed up, and he obviously didn't care about his fans at all.

few years ago I was flying from LA to Sydney when I noticed that all the flight attendants kept on contemplating the person sitting next to me about how they admired his theater performances etc.. I breifly looked at the guy didnt recognize him.

for a few hours I kept on thinking that he looked very familiar from some 90's horror movies when I had the courage to ask him if he was in army of darkness surprised he said yes, and he introduced himself he was Ian Abercrombie. he was a great interesting person it was like a 14 hour flight so we chatted about many things funny I didn't know he was in Jurassic park (the butler), twin peaks and Seinfeld as mr pitt (that's were I thought I saw him) anyway great interesting man. I usually don't like to chat on the plane but he was more than happy to chat and ask me about my life and I would ask him in turn about raimi, speilberg and david lynch. very cool smart and interesting man.

Anyway at the end at the airport we said our goodbyes and wish each other all the best.

I was sad to hear that he passed away this year.

Last edited:
You know who was totally awesome? Gruber (a.k.a. Dave Allen - you may know him as Principle Russo on Freaks and Geeks).

He was with the cast of Cinematic Titanic when they were in Milwaukee. They had two nights and my friend and I went both nights. The first night was my friend's first exposure to the "World of MST". The live performances were excellent (with the exception of TV's Frank... but that's another story). One of the standouts of the night, though, was Gruber. At first, he acted more like a roadie, setting up mics, telling the audience it was only going to be another couple minutes, etc. He did some very funny standup and he really got into interacting with the audience, etc. Oddly enough, he seemed to be the hardest working cast member, trying hard to be original and not to be scripted.

The second night we were waiting in line to get in (having stopped for Chinese food first) and Gruber was standing outside smoking. I called over "Gruber! You rocked last night!" (He, quite literally, 'rocked' - he accompanied Weinstein on the iPad). He actually walked over to use and started a conversation! He was funny and VERY nice. Out of nowhere, he asked if we were thirsty. Thinking he was joking, my friend said she'd love a hot chocolate. The two women in front of us turned and said "Us too!" I replied with "I'd love a coke." We all laughed and Gruber went inside. We didn't think anything of it, but he came back out about five minutes later with three hot chocolates and a can of Coke! We were stunned! About 10 minutes later the line started to move and he told us to enjoy the show then stood there welcoming people into the theater! What a guy!

He continued to be the highlight of the show for us. Even though we paid to see the MST folks, Gruber was a great treat!

You know who was totally awesome? Gruber (a.k.a. Dave Allen - you may know him as Principle Russo on Freaks and Geeks).

He was with the cast of Cinematic Titanic when they were in Milwaukee. They had two nights and my friend and I went both nights. The first night was my friend's first exposure to the "World of MST". The live performances were excellent (with the exception of TV's Frank... but that's another story). One of the standouts of the night, though, was Gruber. At first, he acted more like a roadie, setting up mics, telling the audience it was only going to be another couple minutes, etc. He did some very funny standup and he really got into interacting with the audience, etc. Oddly enough, he seemed to be the hardest working cast member, trying hard to be original and not to be scripted.

The second night we were waiting in line to get in (having stopped for Chinese food first) and Gruber was standing outside smoking. I called over "Gruber! You rocked last night!" (He, quite literally, 'rocked' - he accompanied Weinstein on the iPad). He actually walked over to use and started a conversation! He was funny and VERY nice. Out of nowhere, he asked if we were thirsty. Thinking he was joking, my friend said she'd love a hot chocolate. The two women in front of us turned and said "Us too!" I replied with "I'd love a coke." We all laughed and Gruber went inside. We didn't think anything of it, but he came back out about five minutes later with three hot chocolates and a can of Coke! We were stunned! About 10 minutes later the line started to move and he told us to enjoy the show then stood there welcoming people into the theater! What a guy!

He continued to be the highlight of the show for us. Even though we paid to see the MST folks, Gruber was a great treat!

That doesn't surprise me. And his accompaniment of J. Elvis on Watching the Detectives is a rare treat for Cinematic Titanic audiences. Or did he do Year of the Cat? I've seen 'em do both.

That doesn't surprise me. And his accompaniment of J. Elvis on Watching the Detectives is a rare treat for Cinematic Titanic audiences. Or did he do Year of the Cat? I've seen 'em do both.

The first night was Watching the Detectives. The second night we got a double treat - I don't remember what song they did but it was different than the first night and then we also got Weinstein accompanying Gruber while Gruber read beatnik poetry - that was awesome!

Yeah, that's Year of the Cat. Josh sings while a song plays in the background, and Gruber does his beat poetry. There's a line in it that talks about Green Day's Time of Your Life and Gruber says "The kids at the prom haven't killed themselves yet" or something. I've seen both, but not both on a single night. :)

I did not technically meet this person so I do not know how they really are but when I was in LA for training, I was driving through Beverly Hills just sight seeing and I stopped at a red light. I can hear music being blasted from a black Ranger Rover on my left. I look over and it is Emma Roberts singing along and dancing. This was about a year ago so I don't know how old she is but I thought it was cool to see a girl around my age just being normal even though she is a celebrity and has a A list aunt.

My celeb experience--having lunch with Martin Sheen. At the time I was with Greenpeace, and he was in town for an environmental fundraiser. He was much shorter than I expected, but an awfully nice guy. When he heard I was with the IWW, we talked for an hour about labor history (a particular interest of his). I liked him.

Oh, I actually do have another celebrity experience---I went to high school in Nazareth PA with race car driver Mike Andretti. He was an arrogant *******. He lived literally two houses away from the school, but every morning he would drive there in his black Lotus sports car, cruise around the block to show off to everyone, then drive the car home, park it, and walk to school.

His younger brother Jeff went out with the sister of a college friend of mine. He was a nice guy, very down to earth.

I never met Mario Andretti, but everyone I know who did said he was also a very nice regular guy.

Okay, I know this thread has been dead for a while, so I'm sorry for bringing it back...

I've heard stories about Anthony Daniels being an ass, but he's one of the nicest people I've met. He even spent about 10 minutes telling me how C-3PO's eyes work. XD

Another amazing guy was Warwick Davis... Everyone who's met him seem to agree that he's a cool guy. Only celeb to ever give me a free autograph.

Also met Marc Singer... Sort of... I never watched V, so I didn't really know anything about him, but apparently he got bored sitting by the autograph table, so he got up and started shaking random people's hands going "Hey! How you doin'?". XD Even though I know nothing about the guy, I still love him to death!

Now, in April I'm going to meet Christopher Judge, Sam J Jones and Jeremy Bulloch. Especially excited about Chris Judge and Sam J Jones to be honest... They both seem like such awesome people!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back