Celebrity jerks?

I can understand that and I will pass that on to her. Thanks so much! Assuming that this is true, I retract the specific statement about Norman Reedus' shadiness due to sunglasses, at least.

i-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

This discussion here with another Walking Dead performer says that Reedus wears shades essenatially because he blinks a lot in pictures and doesn't wan't to get captued mid-blink. I looked at several similar duscussions of his constant use of Ray Bans and there was nothing said about an eye injury (although that doesn't mean he didn't have one). I've seen him at 2 cons but never talked to the dude so can't say if he was rude or not. Everyone has a bad day.

Two weeks ago at Wizard World NYC I again interacted with Henry Winkler and Ray Park and they still both get a gold star. Henry stands on the fan side of the table so he greet everyone, take pix, talk, etc. A sweetheart. Like Fonz, Henry is the coolest.

I too went to Wizard Wolrd NYC and got to meet the Fonz. At first me and a friend went to talk to him and i said "Nice to meet you Mr Zuckercorn". He looked at me for a second, sort of taken back, then he started to laugh ahhaha. What a really sweet guy, he even asked to shake our hands twice when we met and again when we left.

Jason David Frank is cool. 2nd time meeting him, he just seems very bro-ish. I can't place it, he was cool just a very "ok, ok, yea, yea, thanks for coming" sort of vibe.

Patrick Stewart was the high light of the year for me, Girlfriend got to talk to him first and he looked at me and said "You're a damn lucky man!" and i was in heaven. He took a shining to her and signed my Enterprise print with her. We talked to him a few times when he had our photo ops more than once and he remembered us and my gf which was great. When he told me that he approved of my Riker beard, "It's great, very authentic!" i lost my mind.

Wil Wheaton was super fun. Showed him my very rare and old working real world tricorder and we took it apart and he took pics of the board and chatted about modding it. When it came time for our photo op later, i told him to just wing it and take my gf, he instantly said "ok, cool, watch this!!!" hence the pic below lol.

1043889_10102754124344619_1796340726_n.jpg

Meeting Tom Baker in 1978 when I was a kid was the happiest day of my entire childhood. Totally wonderful with kids. Met him again as an adult and he was still charming.

Brian May of Queen also lovely. Bumped into him twice in London and he was a totally down to earth and kind multi millionaire on both occasions!

Peter Davison I have heard people criticise but shortly after he left doctor who I went to see him in a play and stood outside the stage door for an autograph afterwards. He sent someone down and asked the half a dozen of us waiting to come up to the theatre bar where he proceeded to buy us a drink and chat to us.

Joss Whedon and the cast of serenity... Queued up to meet them at a record store in Edinburgh the day after the world premier of the film. All totally charming, funny and gracious. Nathan, Monica and Summer then decided to come to one of the matinee performances of the film later that day, introduced the film and then wandered round the auditorium handing out signed flyers. Above and beyond the call if duty I thought

Met Claudia Black (Farscape, Stargate SG1 and Dragon Age) at Comic Con at the Dark Horse panel. I almost didn't recognize her since her hair was blonde. Despite being in a line and having multiple folks behind me, I asked if I could have a photo taken with her and she asked the managers running the signings if that was ok, and it was!

Jennifer Hale (Mass Effect) was excellent. You could tell the moment it's your turn that she tries to make this a special moment because she asks you your name, where you're from and how the Con is fairing. One question I got to ask her was where I could identify her in Wreck it Ralph since she's listed as an "Additional Voices" only. She said she played the cheering crowds and the unnamed candy racers. She signed my Bronze Normandy statue base and a comic book cardboard backing that I'm planning on having my friend draw Samus Aran on it.

Terry Moore (Strangers in Paradise) was also a real trooper. I got to meet him at his own booth 15 minutes after he was supposed to leave, and he personalized a piece of artwork that I had bought there earlier. Literally said "Hey, I'll personalize that for you if you want". No charge at all.

And while not a jerk in the slightest, Neil Gaiman was certainly a dodger. He wasted no time during his panel to get what he needed to say and when he was done, he darted out of there faster than flying vampires in True Blood. I don't blame him at all since there were several people wanting his signature who literally jumped off their chairs when he was done. My friend who gave me a book for him to sign was greatly disappointed, but that didn't diminish my appreciation for him.

And while not a jerk in the slightest, Neil Gaiman was certainly a dodger.
I would describe him that way too from a similar experience at a book signing. Not very outgoing, but polite nonetheless. I had brought three different books to sign, to be dedicated to three different people. He did take the time to dedicate each book in a different manner with a specific phrase or drawing for each book title, which was very nice.

Glad to say I've never met any real jerks at the cons. Some are kind of aloof and withdrawn towards the end of a long day of handshakes and signatures.

But I'm just gonna throw a name out there of one of the most AMAZING, down to earth, guys: Stan Lee. He really appreciates his fans! Down to the last person in the HUGE lines of signature-seekers he has to greet. Every inch the lovable man he's portrayed to be, and hope to meet him again!

I cornered Neil Gaiman years ago at BookExpo America, and he couldn't have been nicer. He asked if I wanted anything signed but I told him I wasn't a fan but my bro was a huge Sandman guy. He immediately reached into his bag and pulled out a comic and wrote an inscription for my brother. Gaiman is top shelf in my book.

Last edited:
This thread makes me sad.

I was at fanexpo in toronto this past weekend and I always lose my nerve around the celebs. I really wanted to get Richard dean andersons' autograph but I just couldn't do it.

I managed to get Erin Gray's a couple of years ago but I could barely say two words to her.....

I met the Japanese all girl rock band Shonen Knife after they played at the Aya-con anime convention in the UK a couple of weeks ago. They manned their own merch booth after the show, so I got to meet them, get their autographs and get a photo with them. They all seemed really nice and willing to interact with the fans despite the fact they'd literally just come off stage from a super energetic 2 hour set. I don't know of any other bands that have been going since 1981 or opened for Nirvana that would come and help on their own merchandise booth after a gig haha

I have almost suppressed this memory.... It was a local convention almost ten years ago. Cosplaying was not that common over here back then, and I was costuming as Gandalf the White for the con, our group being organised by a local replica prop dealer. From what I had seen on the web, I would consider my costume to have been one of the top five fan-made costumes at the time, with pretty much a correct pattern, quilting and embroidery but unfortunately some cheaper materials such as cotton instead of linen, etc.. I also had a staff prop, made before the official replica was available. The costume was really popular among convention-goers.

Sala Baker (Brawny stunt man in Lord of the Rings who played Sauron and Uruk-Hai) was signing at the convention. I was standing resting backstage in costume when he came up and shouted straight into my face: "Your costume looks like {poo}". (substitute {poo} with a synonym that beings with 's').
Well... thanks, dude.

Funny, he was really nice when I met him. You can tell he does have a bit of a hang up about BTTF but he didn't seem rude to me.

HANDS DOWN the best celeb I've met is Tom Cruise. Stunningly he was very down to earth and a great guy despite his celebrity.

I find that amazing, coz I found Tom to be the biggest jerk ever. Back in the day Nicole even had to apologise for him.
Jackie Chan is the best for me, had lunch with him at a food court as he noticed me staring in awe. Totally great guy.
Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

My King of "Celebrity" Jerks goes to a guy named Dicky Eklund. Ex trainer/brother of boxer Micky Ward, and portrayed in film by Christian Bale in "The Fighter"

That guy makes me angry just thinking about him. I was very close to knocking his block off a couple of years ago. As the story goes, the altercation between us was broken up by Sylvester & Frank Stallone, Micky Ward and Mike Tyson.

I have almost suppressed this memory.... It was a local convention almost ten years ago. Cosplaying was not that common over here back then, and I was costuming as Gandalf the White for the con, our group being organised by a local replica prop dealer. From what I had seen on the web, I would consider my costume to have been one of the top five fan-made costumes at the time, with pretty much a correct pattern, quilting and embroidery but unfortunately some cheaper materials such as cotton instead of linen, etc.. I also had a staff prop, made before the official replica was available. The costume was really popular among convention-goers.

Sala Baker (Brawny stunt man in Lord of the Rings who played Sauron and Uruk-Hai) was signing at the convention. I was standing resting backstage in costume when he came up and shouted straight into my face: "Your costume looks like {poo}". (substitute {poo} with a synonym that beings with 's').
Well... thanks, dude.

Correct response: "Awesome! I wore it to match how your breath smells."

Noes! And he was one actor I would like to meet in person.

Yeah, he is in a motorcycle club and he was there with his chapter buddies. He seemed like he didn't want to be bothered by anyone other than his club brothers, even though the mutual friend we had was the niece of a chapter president. There were a couple of us and we tried chatting with him a little about bikes and other non-movie stuff and he pretty much ignored us. Maybe we should have acted star struck and begged for his autograph.

Edit to add:

Of all the celebrities I've met Mr. Patrick is one of only 2 jerks. Dionne Warwick being the other one.

J.J. Abrams was very cool. The band The Misfits (with Michael Graves) were all good dudes. The guys from the Reverend Horton Heat are super chill and will even wander around before shows drinking beers and photo-oping with fans.. Ken Foree was very nice. The nicest celebrity I've met is probably Gary Sinise.

Last edited:
I have meet a number of celebrates.
David Prowse was nice, we had tea and chatted. Surprising since Darth Vader's reputation was not the best you know force choking people on a whim, blowing up planets all that. I think it was all rebel propaganda.

Sigourney Weaver on the other hand was not so pleasant to be around.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back