CC X-Wing Returns!

If any of you are on the fence, dont be! Mike is amazing to deal with, keeps great email contact ussually within minutes and is an all around great guy. While I never owned a CC kit I cannot compare the two, but regardless the quality of the kit is top notch. Even my wife was amazed by Mike's casting ability. Minimal cleanup if any is required. Im really just floored by the speed of this transaction and the product in general. I simply couldnt be happier.

How clean are the castings of the "lugs" at the read end of the lasers? My CC versions had more problems there than anywhere else (but the CC casting was overall very clean).

I don't have either version of the CC kit but I do have the source kit for those parts (M8 Ammunition Carrier wheels) and I can tell ya they tend to be pretty nasty right out of the box. It seems Tamiya's mold was breaking down (even in the 70s); I was hard pressed to get four decent-looking wheels out of the 20 or so that come with the kit. CC might've had worse luck with his donor kit.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Ivanhotep wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
How clean are the castings of the "lugs" at the read end of the lasers? My CC versions had more problems there than anywhere else (but the CC casting was overall very clean).
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Im going through the kit now. I will take some pics and post later today. So far, everything is very clean. The cannon bodies have a slight line where the mold wasnt sitting perfectly but I believe this part sits against the wing. It really doent matter as the line can be easily cleaned up. That is the worst thing Ive found so far; a hairline mold slip line.

whoops, quite right...was going on memory; pulled my wheels over a year ago.
icon_wink.gif

I just got a copy of this new kit that I have been comisioned to build for a board member. Let me just tell you, IT ROCKS!

The new kit is just as sharp and crisp as the old CC kits, I have one of those so I was able to compare them. The old CC kits are great, don't get me wrong, but these new ones are even better! According to Mike more parts (that didn't use to be) are being pressure cast then before. He didn't need to tell me that though, you can tell just looking at the parts! Hardly any bubbles at all.
icon_smile.gif

This is without doubt one of the best resin kits I ever seen, don't miss out!

Steve.

Steve,
How about the detail panel behind R2? That's the one that had more bubbles on my CC X-wing because is so full of tiny details...

Sergio

The R2 strip looks absolutely perfect to me -- the only way you could do better is build one from scratch using the original donor parts!

Hope that helps. . .

That helped indeed... I was thinking of buying another X-wing hope that I can buy the extra stripe too (too much filling on the other!)

Thanks star-art!

This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back