Casey Jones Project: GOONGALA (Finished)

Neoproks

Hey guys, so I'm attending a con soon with a few of my buddies and I was feeling both nostalgic and trying something I don't see too much of...and one of my longtime favorites fit the bill quite nicely, MotherF*ckin Casey Jones.

So as always, with procrastination and the like, I've been leaving things till the last minute, but it looks like I may just make it this time.

Anyways, I decided to do my own take on the masked vigilante, but it's mostly taking elements from these:

With those in mind I set out. Had a file on my computer from god knows where and when that matched the sort of style I was going for so I printed it out and used it to create templates to use for cardboard as I was looking for more rigidity.

Went ahead and fiberglassed, and two layers later I had something a little more sturdy. As I was fiberglassing I squeezed the sides in a little to try and make it conform to my face, it could stand to be pressed more, but I'm satisfied.

Then I had to figure out what sort of mouth hole styles I was going to go with, so I did a really quick sketch and settled on this:

Now, I didn't really have the exact tools to cut through fiberglass on such a small scale, so after a trip to a friend's house and a long ordeal that I will not speak of, we managed to get to a rough stage that I will further detail sand.

So, loooong post with not too much interesting information, but bear with me :lol. I also have the legendary golf bag and gear, but I'll post that up later, going to be crunching down these next few days, gotta finish for Saturday. So, what do you guys all think?

Last edited:
Re: Casey Jones Project: GOONGALA

Haha, thanks, I have a soft spot for the Turtles as well. Ok, so I primered up the mask to check for imperfections and gave it another coat of resin to seal it up after being sanded some. Deciding today whether I have enough time to bondo it or not. Posting pics later tonight :D

Re: Casey Jones Project: GOONGALA

So Supercon has come and gone, and it was a blast! After two days, a lot of panels, and posing for a countless number of pictures, I'd like to believe my first con adventure was a smashing success. Haha, to think, originally I was worried that almost nobody would recognize who I was; that was proven wrong within minutes of showing up on the exhibition floor. I did find it amusing that the majority of people who noticed me were older con-goers, but there was a great number of others as well.

Anyway, here are some pro-photos that a booth was doing for free at the con just to tease how my costume came out.

Mask came out rougher than I would have liked due to the short working time that I allowed myself, but ehhhh, that's what happens when you procrastinate.

HUGE thanks to Danakin who's Casey Thread I found halfway through my build. Turns out we used the same mask file :lol. Loved his build and I thank him thoroughly for the inspiration to make Casey's mask look like it sprang out of the comic. I loved the idea, but went with the IDW design as I enjoyed that style more-so.

I'll be posting some floor photos later, so for now, hope you guys enjoy!

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back