Captain Marvel (Post-release)

What did you think of Captain Marvel?

• Total voters
So the implication that Carol was remembering more when “come as you are” started is odd. Wasn’t her accident in 89? So she wasn’t on Earth in 1991 when that song actually came out and shouldn’t be “remembering” it?

The first 30 minutes were pretty dry and confusing if you have never read the comics, plus the timing between the actors was a little off it seemed. Otherwise it was still an entertaining and fun movie.

I thoroughly enjoyed the film.
I was surprised the SLJ age effect was for the entire film, I figured the 90s stuff was just going to be some early genesis backstory. But they really made it work.
Now I want them to de age Sly and do some Rocky Prequels!!
My only gripe was the pulling of the fingerprint from the ID card. My eye roll may have been loud enough to disturb the other viewers.
Really looking forward to Endgame now.
I was the same way about the fingerprint due to Mythbusters debunking it and I also heard people within 15 feet of me in any direction aubidly saying the same thing :lol:.

So the implication that Carol was remembering more when “come as you are” started is odd. Wasn’t her accident in 89? So she wasn’t on Earth in 1991 when that song actually came out and shouldn’t be “remembering” it?

She may have heard it on the radio when she was in the car with Fury or at some point during her return to earth.

I was the same way about the fingerprint due to Mythbusters debunking it and I also heard people within 15 feet of me in any direction aubidly saying the same thing :lol:.
When Mythbusters did it they had the decency to take the test mark from a clean surface.
ID cards, credit cards etc are so well handled that you rarely ever get a clean lift. Usually just a big smudge of finger grease with no discernable ridge detail.
Plus, its a latent mark on a multi coloured back ground, very difficult to see, you'd be lucky to get the tape in the right place without developing it or using a light source.
They always mess up forensics.

After the shout out to Kevin Smith and Mallrats in this movie, it appears there was one in Ragnorok too. And I missed it.
20190325_145044.jpg

She might have been mis-remembering Killing Joke's 'Eighties when she heard "Come as you are" ;)

Nirvana Pay Back Killing Joke – Rolling Stone

“Come as You Are” (1991) is fueled by a slowed-down version of the guitar riff in “Eighties” (1985). At the time, Killing Joke opted not to file a copyright infringement lawsuit for personal and financial reasons. Nirvana’s then-manager Danny Goldberg later copped to the similarity between the two songs. In the 2000 book, Eyewitness Nirvana: The Day-By-Day Chronicle, Goldberg said, “We met to discuss what [Nevermind‘s] second single would be. We couldn’t decide between ‘Come as You Are’ and ‘In Bloom.’ Kurt was nervous about ‘Come as You Are’ because it was too similar to a Killing Joke song [‘Eighties’], but we all thought it was still the better song to go with. And, he was right, Killing Joke later did complain about it.”

thought it was okay. The cgi on making fury and coulston young is amazingly good. Very impressed by it, but the story and rest of film was just meh.

She makes a perfect captain marvel, but overall movie wasn't that good.

Did mythbusters test it on mid 90's tech? That'd be the benchmark.

When apple debuted their fingerprint scanner there were reports of people beating it that way as well.

Given that it's a film about shapeshifting aliens, a cat with . . . well, whatever the cat was, and science fiction space and gravity, tape on a fingerprint scanner was not going to bother me.

I enjoyed the film a great deal. My wife kept thinking Coulson and Fury were detectives though, and she asked me twice "Are they just cops?" and then "You sure they're not detectives with the police?" and then she was like "I thought they didn't call it SHIELD until Iron Man!"

Hahahaha.

Did mythbusters test it on mid 90's tech? That'd be the benchmark.

When apple debuted their fingerprint scanner there were reports of people beating it that way as well.
I've been dealing directly with biometrics for the last 7 yrs and indirectly for the past 20 and have never seen it done. What you are talking about is the firmware I think of the iPhone 6 or 5. Had nothing to do with the fingerprint scan, though.

Although the Fury de-aging was good (Coulson less so), I think in some of the running scenes, they should have used a body double for Fury. For a man in his 40s he sure ran like a man in his ‘70s. Almost seemed to be throwing up his lunch at times!

I saw it just now. While I am not familiar with Captain Marvel comics, I looked forward to it. When the trailers and teasers were released, one of seemingly many people's concern was Larson's face not being too expressive, or that she can't act. I have to say that I kind of agreed with the former. It did seem that way a bit, only from the trailers. But I knew Larson can be expressive and act well enough for me to believe she can. (I only remember her from Scott Pilgrim, 21 Jump Street, and she was great there.) Seeing Captain Marvel, that "static face" (as I read someone put it) was not concerning one bit. She owned the role and she was just fun to see. I can't wait for Endgame. It's going to be fun seeing what Captain Marvel does because there's a new badass in town.

Saw it, and I had no idea about anything from the story. Never even saw a trailer for this. I only knew shes suppose to be very powerful and it took place in the 90s. Thats it.
With that, I enjoyed it a lot. Of course, the beginning to me was like, whats going on. Couldn't tell whos who, bad good or what. Was so dark couldn't really tell much anyways. Movie picks up when they finally get to earth.

It was a fun movie. I felt there were aspects missing that I would have liked to see but nice entry for Captain Marvel.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back