Captain America The Winter Soldier Costume Build Thread (Stealth Suit)

Hey can you make me one of those captain america suits winter soldier just like yours but without the star shield or helmet and black boots and gloves insted I'll pay you really good money ?

Truly inspiring, thanks for posting your progress! I'd really like to get my shield to attach properly to my back.

Truly inspiring, thanks for posting your progress! I'd really like to get my shield to attach properly to my back.

I'm actually working on a new way to attach it with a magnet. I'm still working out the best way but I believe I have it figured out. Will find out in a couple of days. I'll post up the progress pics of what I get up to with it.

Any possibility of getting the plans you have used? im rubbish at this.

Hey man. All the plans are in this thread. It was a case of using the high res photos and concept art photos of the suit to get the pattern down.

Here's some updates on what I'm doing with the shield. I know it looks rough as hell but these parts aren't going to be seen by others. I just hope it works once it's all dried.

I've put the magnet on the shield by putting a thin strip of aluminum (that's alu-mini-um :D) across each of the brackets then stuck the magnet to the underside of it.

The magnet is a neodymium magnet 50mm x 25mm x 10mm and is pretty strong.

35.jpg

Then I added a small piece of steel to the underside of the back buckle.

34.jpg

I hope that the force of the magnet attracting to the steel strip is stronger than gravity pulling the weight of the shield downwards.

But I also hope that the force of the magnet isn't too strong so I can't pull the shield off my back.

We will find out once it's all dried.

Also, the leather strip is still there just as backup incase the magnet doesn't work. That way I will still be able to have the shield on my back for Wales Comic Con next Sunday.

It's not Cap but here is my buddy's Winter Soldier. 90% done. Waiting for the knee pads and holster to arrive and then to style the wig and it's done.

10169168_10152442241871320_5698035579810705471_n.jpg
10262028_10152442241861320_9127477652375907974_n.jpg

Here's some updates on what I'm doing with the shield. I know it looks rough as hell but these parts aren't going to be seen by others. I just hope it works once it's all dried.

I've put the magnet on the shield by putting a thin strip of aluminum (that's alu-mini-um :D) across each of the brackets then stuck the magnet to the underside of it.

The magnet is a neodymium magnet 50mm x 25mm x 10mm and is pretty strong.

View attachment 314117

Then I added a small piece of steel to the underside of the back buckle.

View attachment 314116

I hope that the force of the magnet attracting to the steel strip is stronger than gravity pulling the weight of the shield downwards.

But I also hope that the force of the magnet isn't too strong so I can't pull the shield off my back.

We will find out once it's all dried.

Also, the leather strip is still there just as backup incase the magnet doesn't work. That way I will still be able to have the shield on my back for Wales Comic Con next Sunday.

Did the magnet work?

The temptation to tackle this costume is growing... I feel like I'd have to start it earlier than the 2 weeks before the con XD I'll be eagerly awaiting the final reveal of this costume...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back