Captain America The Winter Soldier Costume Build Thread (Stealth Suit)

I agree.

Would LOVE to have a pattern for this! Especially that I have never created anything like this OR even cosplayed...but I want to :)

Amazing work! I'm subscribed. The choice to make a single suit instead of making it in two pieces was a great move in my opinion. It has such a real feeling of authenticity but it is also practical. I'm curious to know how you did the foam inlays for the abs. Considering how's your suit already looks completed (especially the abs lol) I was wondering, if you have the time and do not mind sharing how your abs were created. If you can explain/describe the foam inlay pattern or the sewing best you can, many of us, especially me would greatly appreciate it. I know time is always an issue and everyone has a right to there privacy and techniques so if you can't or don't have the time, that is totally understandable . I'm going to admirer your work a little longer. Thanks in advance!

-CapAm

Amazing work - definitely subscribed to this one. Really like the custom buckle - nice job! Have you thought about how you are going to tackle the star and stripes for the chest yet?

Some more progress on the suit. Got the stars and stripes done. I'm going round on Monday to test fit the suit so all the small parts can be added around the shape of my body.

21.jpg

I went in today to do a test fit and see what needed tweaking. Only a couple of adjustments in some areas on the suit left to do aswell as get boots and gloves. Everything else is done.

We did some tweaking to the helmet too so it fits more snug on my head.

22.JPG
22.5.JPG

And here are some body shots of everything done so far.
23.JPG
24.JPG

The back of the shield is being completely re-done so it looks more screen accurate. I will post more details on that once it's all done though.

I would love to but I don't live anywhere near London and have no way to afford a hotel or anything. :( Plus I don't even know when the UK premiere is.....

Last edited:
Find the biggest midnight showing near you and then crash it. midnight showings are great since tons of people line up. ALL of them are eagerly awaiting to see a movie with YOU in it haha. They'd go crazy getting pictures with you.

Whatever you do, make sure you go to SOME kind of premier.

I will definitely be going to the midnight showing at my local cinema. I was thinking of dressing up for it but only if my friend's Bucky WS is finished and he wears his too.

That is definitely incredible work - both the patch and the full suit!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Going to start my leather parts first - probably tackling the gloves right out of the gate. Found this new photo of the palms of the gloves and thought I should share with the class so to speak.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392004188.754206.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starting to re-do my shield. After doing the test fit for the suit I left my shield with the guy making it (I cry everytime). We're taking apart the wooden-mess I did to the back when I first got the shield and are going to add some new handles and brackets that look more screen accurate. But the first thing that's been done is a rub-and-buff to the front to give it a shiny, metal look. Here's the first stage.

25.jpg

Then going to repaint the red and blue but leave the silver parts as they are. Like with the movie versions.

EDIT: Here's the main part of the painting done. Just got to neaten it and make it shiny.

26.jpg

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back