Captain America: The First Avenger Costume NEW PROGRESS PICS!

Re: First Avenger Helmet NEW PROGRESS PICS!

Not sure about the A yet but I like how the wings came out.

Used the engraving bit for my rotary tool and added the grooves to the helmet today. I also took some inspiration from the SDCC pics of the Avengers Cap helmet and did around the A and wings. I then took a detail brush and painted the grooves silver. I like it so far.

@Chook Thanks. Lots and lots of hours into this. Nice to have it start to pay off.

@Judge...still lots of room. I need to pad it and decide how I want to do the leather portion.

I'm trying to get it done in time for a paintball scenario in September. It's based on Marvel's Infinity Wars and I will, for the 2nd year in a row, be playing Captain America, one of the commanders for the SHIELD/Heroes team.

My profile pic is what I wore last year for the game. This helmet is supposed to be the finisher for that costume, actually.

Thanks, man. Believe it or not, I built the armor portion in about a week. Perhaps I should re-title the thread to reflect the whole costume and post the W.I.P. pics I have of the rest of the costume?

Decided to add the pics of the armor's WIP.

It started off as a set of motocross armor that had been given to me by a friend.

First thing I did was disassemble it as the shoulder and arm portions were not right for the look I was after. I cut down the chest and back to cover just up to about the bottom of my pectorals.

Next, I added resin and fiberglass cloth to increase the strength, sanding to achieve smoothness.

For the arm guards I used blue foam knee pads I found in the hardware section at Wal-Mart. I resined and fiberglassed these as well.

For the strapping I used straps I found in the craft section at Wal-Mart. To attach them, I used Gorilla Glue and clamped them into place.

The red abdomen straps were from a set of suspenders I found in the men's clothing section at Wal-Mart.

The star on the chest came from a plastic kitty litter jug and was riveted into place. The red discs on the arms were cut from a Folger's coffee can. Originally, the shoulder stars were iron on patches but the super glue didn't hold and I've since replaced them with plastic stars.

Added a few small bits of foam on the inside of the helmet. Really helps keep it in place. Still searching for the proper and best way to do the leather under section. I've still no clue how to do that part just yet.

Thanks. I tried it on with my paintball mask today. Pretty comfortable. I think I'm gonna blow the crowd away at this year's Infinity Wars. The helmet is definitely a nice topper to what I had at last year's event.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back