Captain America Star Spangled Man WIP

HenryTJO11

I've always wanted a 'classic Cap' costume. And what's better than the Star Spangled Man costume seen in Captain America: The First Avenger?

I wanted to wait until I was in a decent shape before getting one as it's quite a tight, form-fitting costume.

I'll start off with some reference photos first just in case anyone isn't familiar with this suit.

7034401439_c67aac91f3.jpg 231214124.jpg

And here are the first WIP photos of the torso.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Last edited:
do you know what kind of fabric they are using exactly? I'm in need of just the "shirt" portion of this outfit!!

We're just going for a sweater/jumper fabric. It's got some weight and thickness to it and also has a stretch. That way it doesn't look like spandex.

If you don't mind me asking, what are they charging for it? I'm in a bit of a rush to get my bucky rescue costume finished, and this is actually the final piece!! Thanks!!

If you don't mind me asking, what are they charging for it? I'm in a bit of a rush to get my bucky rescue costume finished, and this is actually the final piece!! Thanks!!

All the details are in the link to the website. If it's not there just send a message.

Got a lot of the suit done. Just got to do the boot and glove cuffs, attach the star and belt loops.

9.jpg

Next is the shield.

7.jpg

Having to do an all-nighter to get it ready for LFCC tomorrow. *Touchwood*

Looks the business mate good luck on having it ready for tomorrow , hope to be at LFCC tomorrow as well so I shall keep an eye out for you .

Mike

Looks the business mate good luck on having it ready for tomorrow , hope to be at LFCC tomorrow as well so I shall keep an eye out for you .

Mike

Awesome! I'll be with MK3 Iron-Man and Deadpool.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the gloves done. Just bought a pair of women's red leather gloves then made the cuffs out of pleather.

8.jpg

8.5.jpg

Now you're just showing off lol ,they look really good . will be in civvies with my teenage son as it's our first event of this type ,but will definitely look out for you.

Mike

It was £45 for a photo and another £45 to get an auto. So there was no chance. And it was his last time ever doing Europe so unless I go to America......... I'll just have to keep it as it is haha

Some more pics.

We finally got the shield complete. We used blue and white vinyl stickers and then painted the red. The stars are separate vinyl stickers that took a lot of time and patience to put on. I think they came out alright.

Also thankyou to Lunaman for the giving me the sizing of the shields as well as sending me a PDF of the lyrics from the musical in TFA. I didn't get time to print them off though.

10.JPG11.JPG12.JPG13.JPG

Here's a shot of the whole suit from Manchester MCM today. Excuse my weird looking eyes. The eye part was being a pain all day so going to be tweaking that for next time.

Untitled.jpg 10448790_10152522417519020_5455222553602772898_n.jpg 10547530_10202957912441376_8414502136882673516_n.jpg

Last edited:
If you still have the costume, how was the star made? I’m thinking of doing this costume in the next year or so.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back