Captain America First Avenger ww2 compass

PCC2.jpg

Big thanks to bobatrek for making up the Peggy Carter image for the TFA compass. Here it is fitted, job done :thumbsup

DSCF1022.JPG

Since nobody else has done so, I'll post a comparison between the newsreel compass and a Gurley.

Attachments

• shot0101.jpg
    shot0101.jpg
    300.3 KB · Views: 503
  • shot0101A.jpg
    shot0101A.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 460
  • s-l1600 copy.jpg
    s-l1600 copy.jpg
    485.7 KB · Views: 453
... but the photo of Peggy is not the one used in the TFA image. I believe the one below is much closer. I just need to figure out how to convert it to the old print look like bobatrek did, any ideas?

I gave it a shot :)

-MJ

Attachments

• shot0102B.jpg
    shot0102B.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 1,346
  • Newspaper 1.jpg
    Newspaper 1.jpg
    847.3 KB · Views: 839
Last edited:
Here's my art, printed on newsprint ran through my cheapie desktop inkjet.

Attachments

• IMG_0332-A.jpg
    IMG_0332-A.jpg
    317.6 KB · Views: 317
I'm about to purchase a vintage Gurley compass, but I noticed the one in Endgame is different. In Endgame the directional text is green, the sight reticle piece isn't a perfect circle, and the hinge bar is completely different. It looks like the one they're using now is a modern reproduction.

captain-america-peggy-picture-avengers-endgame-1736576.jpg

This cheap Chinese one on Amazon looks the part for example:
https://www.amazon.com/Stansport-552-P-Metal-Lensatic-Compass/dp/B000MESAIS

I'm about to purchase a vintage Gurley compass, but I noticed the one in Endgame is different. In Endgame the directional text is green, the sight reticle piece isn't a perfect circle, and the hinge bar is completely different. It looks like the one they're using now is a modern reproduction.

View attachment 1014133

This cheap Chinese one on Amazon looks the part for example:
https://www.amazon.com/Stansport-552-P-Metal-Lensatic-Compass/dp/B000MESAIS

You are absolutely right, I came to the same conclusion, and picked up two of those Stansports. I was studying the Endgame trailer and referencing compasses to determine which to buy. The hour glass shape hinge, number spacing and extended eurostile "S" all match that Stansport.

I ordered a vintage one off of eBay the other day and stuck the pic in. I also put a few more of the pictures in a sunny window to hopefully get the newsprint to yellow a bit.

Attachments

• IMG_5516.jpg
    IMG_5516.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 329
Hi, still waiting on a compass, but would anybody be able to provide the size dimensions needed for the printing the Peggy photo? Cheers.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back