Captain America First Avenger ww2 compass

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Johnnyfl

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Big thanks to bobatrek for making up the Peggy Carter image for the TFA compass. Here it is fitted, job done :thumbsup

DSCF1022.JPG

Synz314

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm about to purchase a vintage Gurley compass, but I noticed the one in Endgame is different. In Endgame the directional text is green, the sight reticle piece isn't a perfect circle, and the hinge bar is completely different. It looks like the one they're using now is a modern reproduction.

captain-america-peggy-picture-avengers-endgame-1736576.jpg

This cheap Chinese one on Amazon looks the part for example:
https://www.amazon.com/Stansport-552-P-Metal-Lensatic-Compass/dp/B000MESAIS

theacerbiccafe

I'm about to purchase a vintage Gurley compass, but I noticed the one in Endgame is different. In Endgame the directional text is green, the sight reticle piece isn't a perfect circle, and the hinge bar is completely different. It looks like the one they're using now is a modern reproduction.

View attachment 1014133

This cheap Chinese one on Amazon looks the part for example:
https://www.amazon.com/Stansport-552-P-Metal-Lensatic-Compass/dp/B000MESAIS
You are absolutely right, I came to the same conclusion, and picked up two of those Stansports. I was studying the Endgame trailer and referencing compasses to determine which to buy. The hour glass shape hinge, number spacing and extended eurostile "S" all match that Stansport.

LTsmash1200

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I ordered a vintage one off of eBay the other day and stuck the pic in. I also put a few more of the pictures in a sunny window to hopefully get the newsprint to yellow a bit.

Attachments

conceitedape

Hi, still waiting on a compass, but would anybody be able to provide the size dimensions needed for the printing the Peggy photo? Cheers.