Captain America Classic sub suit WIP

Roquefert

Hello Everyone!

This is my first full costume project I am trying to do. I have already created my shield and I will post pics of it when I can get them from my other computer but I am looking for some assistance!

I recently got the muscle base suit from Taylor McManus (Thanks btw!) and have been working on modifying it for my Captain America project.

I am running into trouble trying to continue the stripe pattern from the abs around the back and having them line up as I am not quite sure where the back and the front connect. You can see in this picture what I mean.

k7m.png

Now I am just a beginner with Photoshop so I am learning as I go but any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Oh I am also doing the actual scales for the chest as well! I purchased them from TheRingLord.com and I will post my WIP pics of that too! (need to buy more scales).

-Roquefert

Here are the progress pics of my scale chest piece and my shield.

This is a close up pic of the scales I am using. They are anodized blue aluminum large scales.
cvo8.jpg

Here are the work in progress pics as I continued building the front.
rig9.jpg
qx9.jpg
orr7.jpg

I need to order more scales for the sleeves and back. So far that is 300 scales.. need roughly 1200 more lol!

Here is my shield from start to "almost" finished... need to attach the brackets. The star is from Valor.. Thanks again!

3sej.jpge2bm.jpg
gw6n.jpgfwqo.jpg
78jr.jpg3gq2.jpg
putt.jpgh4p3.jpg
qk5w.jpg

Here is the image I am going for with the sub-suit and the scalemail.

umce.jpg

As far as the psd file and correctly lining up the front to the back I am still having trouble with that. Anyone who has done the spiderman prints if you have any suggestions please let me know! I am about to print a picture of it out on paper and try to fold it around to see how they line up as a "paper doll" lol.

Would love to hear what you all think!

-Roquefert

looking great mate..... keep up the good work.... I will be adding pictures of my Marvel Now Cap soon as my print should be done soon :)

Is there a way to draw on a t-shirt to figure out how the stripes will fall and then input it digitally?

This is going to look really good with the scales.

Fly4v that is an interesting idea about putting it on a t-shirt to see how it would map. I guess I'm just having trouble thinking 3 dimensional heh. I will see what I can do this weekend and will post feedback next week.

-Roquefert

no I didn't design the Marvel Now print, I had someone I know do it, check out my thread for it I think I may have posted a pic of it... I should be receiving the top sewn up sometime next week

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back