Captain America Avengers costume WIP

TheCrusader

so its pretty obvious that Im working on Captain America avengers costume.
b43f4e69.jpg

heres a couple images of what im looking to achive.
b0c9ae70.jpg

1ff2f3a2.jpg

07a3e6f0.jpg

i used vinyl and i painted it with leather paint, its flexible and i havent had a problem with cracking. and i attached it with hot glue.
dd202fe5.jpg
not sure if i posted reference photos but heres one.
5a1e5dd5.jpg
and another
9a61302c.jpg

i used 5-7 once leather for the hexagon type pieces holding the elastic to the boot shaft.

im doing this in smaller posts because i feel like it looks better
70b029e2.jpg
e4d3b208.jpg

for the silver buckle type things on the boot straps i made a mold and filled it with hot glue and spray painted it silver
6c99ebd5.jpg

theres still painting that ha to be done and the calf protector, but one day at a time

im working on every piece of his costume.. i think i have artistic add. here are the gloves im working on
6122ac3e.jpg

f039e8c6.jpg

i used Icon Pursuit Stealth gloves.. they run around $70 give or take. i just used my old pair. i still have to make them into gauntlets and make the forearm protector.

haha i wish i made that glove. its an old pair of motorcycle gloves that i have and i used leather paint to paint it . i used leather on the boot but it was too thick so i used vinyl or fuax leather, that you can buy at Jo-ann fabrics. heres a pic of the gloves i used before painting
0a4b8b58.jpg

the leather paint i used is Angelus Leather paint
c38ea755.jpg

heres part of the boot shaft, i sewed it for detail only... the stitching only holds a purpose on the sides.
ce82dfe5.jpg
37b8c48f.jpg
theres the back side of one that im working on right now. so interesting find today is that Autozone sells spray paint for vinyl.. im only painting it because i had left over black from another project.

Ah, yeah, I was going to be all sorts of impressed, having tried and MISERABLY FAILED sewing gloves before. haha!

But great idea with the paint, it looks just right.

I'll be watching! I haven't even seen the movie yet, but it's on my list and watching the costume being made is bumping it up a few notches. :D

I really like what you've done with the boots! Very clever and they are looking awesome. I'm about to start a similar project so I will be looking at yours for updates!

-matt

sorry for not updating in a while ive been working on bandoliers for some tuscan raiders.. anyway heres some new pics
b67ea84b.jpg
4e8f26b1.jpg
83b42ebb.jpg
fd9acd15.jpg

so i added a longer zipper just so it makes it easier to zip up and down, when its fully zipped i just put the rest in the glove. the zipper seam should mostly be hidden by the gauntlets that go on top.. i have some patterns ive made but havent assembled
ed959413.jpg

i plan on cutting a 45 degree angle in the foam so it kinda gives it a certain je ne sais quoi..

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back