Captain America AoU female version

Scarlet

Hello everybody!
I'm going to realize a Captain America age of ultron costume for Lucca comics in November, so this will be a long thread!

I've decided so start whit the shield, since I think it will be the most difficult part since I couldn't buy a sled.
I'm going to do it with corrugated cardboard and foam.
I started with this pattern (which I found on the Internet)

image.jpg

I cut cut the triangular part to do the main corpse of the shield

image.jpg

I cut 20 pieces! With the corrugation of the cardboard perpendicular at the pattern, like in the pic

then I bent them like this

image.jpg

At this point I should have hot glued them together, but.... I forgot to buy hot glue....yeah, I'll do it tomorrow...

The painting will be with metallic color since I'll use silver instead of white
these are the spray I'll use

image.jpg

I have already chosen the blu fabric

image.jpg

Yes, you're right! It's a curtain!
But the fabric it's really nice, a lot and the price was low

image.jpg

That's all for now! Let me know what you think and stay tuned for new updates!

Cool! I'm using the same patterns for my own Captain America build, although I've decided to use paper mache to strengthen my shield. I look forward to more updates.

I will now update the progress I did whit the shield!
p.s. In the end I didn't need to use pepakura

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I intended to use the hot glue.... Well, I found out I'm not good with it so, I relied on my beloved duct tape!
as you can see, a lot of duct tape XD well, you know right? If you can't solve things with duct tape, you're not using enough of it

anyway, I used hot glue on the inside to fix the pieces better
the I papermached it

image.jpg

Then i I used the others pattern on the paper I posted at the beginning, and I used the foam 3mm to do them

then I got started

I papermached under the foam and the on the foam paying attention at the grooves made by the foam
p.s. I hate papermache XD

then I diluted some "stucco" you know the one used to relate holes in the walls

And applied several coat
image.jpg

I think I'm going to apply more coat and then sandpaper everything until it's smoot enough, will that work?
I think I will discover it soon XDD as before let me know what you think aaaaaand I'll update soon!

- - - Updated - - -

I suggest you to duct tape them together before the glue part.... They can get a little bent in the wrong way with just glue XDD

I also decided to use tape to hold the pieces together before applying the glue because otherwise it just kept falling apart.

Your cuts for the cardboard wedges look a lot cleaner than mine. :) I was left with a huge gaping hole in the centre of my shield that needs to be filled in.

Nice job with the paper mache, too. What are you using for the paste? Is it just PVA glue or something else? Also, what matrial are you using for the paper mache?

I'm not using a proper paste, I'm basically just gluing pieces of newspaper with normal glue, but they might get a little wrinkly, that's why, I'll use the plaster and the sandpaper to smooth them

That's pretty much the same method I've been using, although your build is progressing at a much faster rate than mine is. :)

Here I come again with new updates!!!

after lots of layers of stucco:
image.jpg

Tah dah! Or so I thought, since after sandpaper and glue it turned out like this:
image.jpg

Horrible! The parts without foam look so... Angular!
image.jpg

That made me think a loooooot so I decided to foam the other two circle

image.jpg

here's the first! And then my beloved papermache!
image.jpg

That's it for today! Stay tuned for new updates!

(I apologize for any grammar/syntactical error since is midnight and I'm not thinking right XD)

Not at all! It takes well the paper mâché, the stucco and the sandpaper too! I really recommend it, because it preserve the shield from being too angular

hello everybody!!

I'm finally updating! I've really done a lot, even if it doesn't seems like it..

So here it is!

After papermacheing the two foam circle I added it looked like the first pic, then I used others layers of stucco,

image.jpgimage.jpg

But looooooooooook it's definetely less angular

image.jpg

Then I started doing the back

after cutting the two main discs to attach them to the back I used some newspaper discs

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Then I made the things near the central disc with foam, and voilaaaa

image.jpg

It's all for now, but I think I'll update soon, so stay tuned!

Well... In the end I didn't update as soon as I thought, sorry, but here's what I did until now

i started by coloring the back, with paint mixed with glue

Then I started spraying the front, it wasn't easy..

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

And here it is!!! Finished!

image.jpg

Well, after this, I have to sew, sooooo maybe I'll update later then usual

...or maybe not...

ok, I'm updating now XD i haven't done a lot, but here it is!

i made a simple shirt with bed sheet, since I didn't want to waste good fabric
and on that I draw the things that I'll need to sew on it
image.jpgimage.jpg

Done that I discovered that I'm a total failure at sewing... But with some magic I managed to make a shirt out of that cursed fabric!

image.jpg <--- yes, that blue thing

then I hanged it on a lay figure with some needles since is too small to fit, then, I cut some pieces from the white shirt and voila! Now I'll have to make this pieces with the right fabric and sew them on... And I have to do the sleeve too XD
image.jpg

Next time I'll do something easier XD

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back