Interest Cap shield replica

We are the shop looking at making these just waiting for the 3D models or 2D Drawing

Great to see you guys join and try to really help make this project a reality! You guys rock, thank you!

Send a PM to RelicMaker otherwise I do have a 2d cad file somewhere

I think we're just waiting for RelicMaker to chime in, surprised we haven't heard anything from him yet.

DontFeed - can you find the 2D cad file and send it in a PM to chiefmachining so he can start to get a better understanding of this project?

Sorry for the delay!

Currently, there is no metal-spinning company that wants to take on a difficult project such as this, due to the complexity of spinning the shield, and doing all the detailed CNC and cut-out work. The last company that I worked with on this ended up losing money, since they screwed up the first run of the shields, and had to redo them. This company also ended up closing shop and selling to another metal-spinning company. I was able to obtain the tooling to make the shield, since I paid for it, and it now just sits in my garage waiting to find another shop to use.
The way it's looking, is that I'm going to have to do all the legwork myself, which is going to take a lot of time. I'll have to find a metal-spinning company spin the shield blanks, then have another company do the CNC work, and another company to do the bracket cut-outs....
I'm currently working on other projects right now that is going to be taking up my time for at least the next 6 months.
So, it is unclear when I would be able to take this project on, and if I do take it on, I may only be able to offer them as a Parts-Kit.

Sorry for the delay!

Currently, there is no metal-spinning company that wants to take on a difficult project such as this, due to the complexity of spinning the shield, and doing all the detailed CNC and cut-out work. The last company that I worked with on this ended up losing money, since they screwed up the first run of the shields, and had to redo them. This company also ended up closing shop and selling to another metal-spinning company. I was able to obtain the tooling to make the shield, since I paid for it, and it now just sits in my garage waiting to find another shop to use.
The way it's looking, is that I'm going to have to do all the legwork myself, which is going to take a lot of time. I'll have to find a metal-spinning company spin the shield blanks, then have another company do the CNC work, and another company to do the bracket cut-outs....
I'm currently working on other projects right now that is going to be taking up my time for at least the next 6 months.
So, it is unclear when I would be able to take this project on, and if I do take it on, I may only be able to offer them as a Parts-Kit.

Hello RelicMaker we actually have found a shop that said it is capable of machining everything for this project. chiefmachining has even created an account to help discuss this project in this thread.

Can you PM your email address and I can get you in touch with the shop that is willing to help get this project off the ground?

Thanks!

Hello RelicMaker we actually have found a shop that said it is capable of machining everything for this project. chiefmachining has even created an account to help discuss this project in this thread.

Can you PM your email address and I can get you in touch with the shop that is willing to help get this project off the ground?

Thanks!

Are they going to CNC the whole shield out of a block of aluminum? Or spin it?

He said he could CNC the star into it. I think he can do both?

I'm going to reach out to him on the other forum and ask him to jump back in here and answer your questions accurately.

He said he could CNC the star into it. I think he can do both?

I'm going to reach out to him on the other forum and ask him to jump back in here and answer your questions accurately.

We can do both actually.

As mentioned- I made this account to communicate directly about the this project.

From Talking to JohnnyScience- The plan was to spin the shield then machine the star in. I will post pictures of our spin machine in one second

IMG_1555.jpg
s

Please post below if you're for sure interested- IE paying a deposit and want one I would like to 5-20 people on the list.

We can make this happen! This will be made right in Ohio.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back