Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

So Matchless definitely retained the same L.G.R frame name of Comoros in the collaboration.
You can just make it out on the arm through the right lens...

20220916_085949.jpg 20220916_112037.jpg 20220916_112406.jpg

So the frames official name must be Matchless Comoros black 01 - Matchless London Urban Eyewear by L.G.R.

Where on earth are we going to find a pair of these bad boys??:confused:

Wow that was a tough one! Great work guys, you got it even though I got fooled by the logo!

It was teamwork, the real breakthrough was you going down the logo on the jacket route, pure genius!! (y)
You did say it looked like an "M" with wings (y)

Thanks to everyone for helping out, awesome!! (y)
Thanks to jonnytrooper too!!

Once I'd scoured the planet for every designer sunglasses and clothing logo containing wings, I went through every car logo too.
Never thought of motorcycle logos, I don't think I would have ever looked down that road, the thought just never occurred to me!! Lol

Last edited:
So the L.G.R original retail price for the Comoros whilst still in production was €310.00 or $410.00.

Some conflicting spec. info. out there on the frames construction, reportedly steel, then aluminium. They are actually 1mm thick stainless steel frames.

Looks like even Cristiano Ronaldo was in on the mystery frames all along too... Lol

20220916_124509.jpg

So the L.G.R original retail price for the Comoros whilst still in production was €310.00 or $410.00.

Some conflicting spec. info. out there on the frames construction, reportedly steel, then aluminium. They are actually 1mm thick stainless steel frames.

Looks like even Cristiano Ronaldo was in on the mystery frames all along too... Lol

View attachment 1617285
I saw that Ronaldo image on the "celebrities" option on the website. Bizarrely I didn't notice they were the illusive frames in question!!

lgr is an italian brand that started slowly maybe ten years ago, and then got a boost by making celebrities wear their frames: at the beginning local celebrities, then some product placement in big american movies too. I’ve been following them from the very beginning, the frames they make are quite unusual and a bit expensive, but definitely of good quality. that said, and because the last part of this thread is the reason why I love this thread, lgr flagship store is 2 minutes walking from my office, later today I’m going to sacrifice and try to get some more informations about the frame and the matchless collaboration

lgr is an italian brand that started slowly maybe ten years ago, and then got a boost by making celebrities wear their frames: at the beginning local celebrities, then some product placement in big american movies too. I’ve been following them from the very beginning, the frames they make are quite unusual and a bit expensive, but definitely of good quality. that said, and because the last part of this thread is the reason why I love this thread, lgr flagship store is 2 minutes walking from my office, later today I’m going to sacrifice and try to get some more informations about the frame and the matchless collaboration

Great background info. on the LGR brand gio(y)

Chain yourself to the store front until they find you a pair!! Lol :lol:

the fun part of the background story is that at the beginning, the only place you’d find their frames was an historical optical store in the center of rome, that helped the guy develop his brand. after some years, he opened the flagship store in the same street, like ten meters from the other optical store, and now they kind of hate each other. you can check it on google maps

5E462725-97C6-44FB-940B-2713DB78A94C.png

the fun part of the background story is that at the beginning, the only place you’d find their frames was an historical optical store in the center of rome, that helped the guy develop his brand. after some years, he opened the flagship store in the same street, like ten meters from the other optical store, and now they kind of hate each other. you can check it on google maps

View attachment 1617286

Great fun background story!! (y)

I can almost feel the tension between the two stores from here!! Lol

I suppose the slight irony is that his most sought after frame might possibly now be the Comoros, as you say, made famous to the masses by being showcased by celebrities...And now we can't buy them!?!o_O:(

I wonder if the collab happened when L.G.R discontinued the Comoros frame, then sold the remaining dead stock of 01 black frames to Matchless, who after getting a nice discount on the discontinued stock, then slapped on their logo?? Stranger things have happened!!

Guess we'll find out soon enough when you chain yourself to the store. I'll start checking the Italian news channels for the live news feed of "Rome is at a standstill as determined eyewear collector won't leave shop until he gets a pair of sunglasses".
You might even get a dedicated news helicopter :lol:

I found this old low quality short clip (From 2006??)...
View attachment 1616514

Grabbed a couple of screenshots...

View attachment 1616515 View attachment 1616516 View attachment 1616517 View attachment 1616518

I think these are Prada SPR 55H 5AV-3M1 (gunmetal frame / gloss black arm details with stock gradient grey lenses) 63□12 120...;)

View attachment 1616519 View attachment 1616520 View attachment 1616521 View attachment 1616522 View attachment 1616523

I'm getting really strong vibes of the Ray-Ban RB3320 here, especially when comparing them to the brown lens version from this angle...:unsure:

View attachment 1616524 View attachment 1616525
After reading this post I realised I had never got some Rayban 3320.

I made that right this week. They were delivered today!

I was very happy with my purchase but they're definitely getting the IM1 lens treatment to allow for more frequent use :)

I was very happy with my purchase but they're definitely getting the IM1 lens treatment to allow for more frequent use :)

Ooh, you can't not have the pair that started it all!! o_O

Glad you found a pair, nice!! (y)

I found with the pairs I got, that it took a bit of bending and readjusting the black plastic arms with mild hairdryer heat to get the right comfortable fit.

Ooh, you can't not have the pair that started it all!! o_O

Glad you found a pair, nice!! (y)

I found with the pairs I got, that it took a bit of bending and readjusting the black plastic arms with mild hairdryer heat to get the right comfortable fit.
Exactly !!!

They actually fit very nicely and do look very cool!!

Did you find silver? All the ones I've seen in a while are the gunmetal, though it is a more silvery and less gray gunmetal than most.

Found a new one for my collection, Oliver Peoples OPLL. I'm trying to buy fewer "wrong color" frames but the OPLL are pretty hard to find at a less than astronomical price due to them being OOP and Obama's signature shades. These were lensless, kinda dulled and pretty bent up from apparently being on a short but super wide head! But that meant I could get them cheap. I buffed them up and bent them back into shape (actually clamped them in a vise in a warm oven!) and I do believe I could actually use them now!

Attachments

• 20220916_175930.jpg
    20220916_175930.jpg
    482.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20220916_175947.jpg
    20220916_175947.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 40
my friends, lgr/matchless update: I went there yesterday evening but they were about to close, there was this not kind at all shop assistant that basically told me to come again maybe one day when the owner’s there

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back