Can't find Tony Stark's sunglasses from Iron Man 3

Thanks man!!
There was no bids at the starting price of just £17.50 o_O and a "buy it now" option for £50.00.
View attachment 1591493
I didn't think for a second of putting a bid in and swooped on the buy it now!!

5 days of patience and nerves of steel may have got me a mega £17.50 deal, but I thought it wise to avoid a possible bidding war - (and all the stress!!):cool:
That is truly awesome.

It looks like a UK seller too.

I paid close to £200 for mine and honestly, I love them so much I'm ok with that, seeing the price you've managed to pick them up for is awesome - I'm really happy for you!

They are one of the frames that are always in my holiday case - absolutely zero debate

That is truly awesome.

I paid close to £200 for mine and honestly, I love them so much I'm ok with that, seeing the price you've managed to pick them up for is awesome - I'm really happy for you!

They are one of the frames that are always in my holiday case - absolutely zero debate

Thanks for your much appreciated kind comments on a fellow members win!!:D

I guess it's all swings and roundabouts in this game, I remember paying "full whack" for my Dita Flight 006, only to find 2 more pair later on ebay "new with tags" for like $100 each.

I think these Isba's will most definitely go in my holiday case too!! (y)

That is truly awesome.

Sometimes a frame just sits so well the price fades in importance.

Square Soloist, PS Cortland and Walton, Dita Flight 006 are the set like this for me. Absolutely worth the money.

A good morning here too!

I just snagged some Gunnar PPK for $25 shipped! And the light blue Carreras from the pic with Ruffalo last night for a $39 bid.

Nice finds!! (y)

Actually, those blue Carrera's just arrived here too for €31 from France...
20220625_171914.jpg

Sadly, I'm still waiting on my Carrera 86 which I may have to accept are lost, as it's been nearly 2 months.:(

Anyway, I was going to post some pics of my blue Carrera, which are my third attempt to get right with the light azure gradient lenses.
My first pair where copies with really dark lenses, 2nd pair were genuine but with the wrong darker genuine lenses and a broken temple tip. That Optyl acetate just refuses to glue!!

I'll post some pics, mainly just to show the differences :D

Nice finds!! (y)

Actually, those blue Carrera's just arrived here too for €31 from France...
View attachment 1591499

Sadly, I'm still waiting on my Carrera 86 which I may have to accept are lost, as it's been nearly 2 months.:(

Anyway, I was going to post some pics of my blue Carrera, which are my third attempt to get right with the light azure gradient lenses.
My first pair where copies with really dark lenses, 2nd pair were genuine but with the wrong darker genuine lenses and a broken temple tip. That Optyl acetate just refuses to glue!!

I'll post some pics, mainly just to show the differences :D
That's a real shame on the 86s

I love the lenses on the blue Champions.

They are very cool, certainly they get you noticed, but I think in a good way. Actually they didn't make it to Spain last month (so many choices :) ) but there's a strong chance they'll be on the plane to Kos in September as part of the evening wear collection.

Okay, so here are some comparison pics of the Champions and I suppose a bit of a "buyers guide"...:cool:

Firstly, the copies...
20220625_180034.jpg 20220625_180048.jpg
The frame is a lot darker blue than the genuine originals and the lenses are a dark purple gradient. The temple logo is the wrong color (not white) and the font is too thin and isn't really that accurate at all (on the lens logo neither). The copies have painted over metal hinges and an "0138" made up code...
20220625_180315.jpg

Secondly, my genuine originals with missing temple tip and wrong lenses...
20220625_180102.jpg 20220625_180102.jpg
Everything on these genuine pair is correct, the frame color, metal hinges, logos, model no. on the arm etc. It's just these genuine lenses are the wrong color. They are really dark gradient and the lenses are quite reflective that they are are almost bordering on flash mirror.
The arm code is correct, so it's worth considering if buying some, that there looks like there are 2 lens versions, but both still "under" the PNY-ST code.
Darker lens version...
20220625_180328.jpg

Light azure version (model info. on temple tip)...
20220625_180407.jpg

The copies also have an "inverted" color "C" centre logo...
20220625_180458.jpg

...As opposed to both originals...
20220625_180546.jpg 20220625_180508.jpg

Originals will have the "Optyl" logo too...
20220625_180602.jpg

All 3 together for comparison...
20220625_180251.jpg 20220625_180119.jpg

I suppose there's nothing wrong with the copies as placeholders, or if you are unable to source originals.

Anyway, my much welcomed "3rd attempt" Carrera Champion/P PNY-ST with gradient light azure lenses...
20220625_175833.jpg
20220625_175936.jpg
20220625_180014.jpg

20220625_185006.jpg 20220625_184953.jpg

Okay, so here are some comparison pics of the Champions and I suppose a bit of a "buyers guide"...:cool:

Firstly, the copies...
View attachment 1591509 View attachment 1591510
The frame is a lot darker blue than the genuine originals and the lenses are a dark purple gradient. The temple logo is the wrong color (not white) and the font is too thin and isn't really that accurate at all (on the lens logo neither). The copies have painted over metal hinges and an "0138" made up code...
View attachment 1591534

Secondly, my genuine originals with missing temple tip and wrong lenses...
View attachment 1591512 View attachment 1591512
Everything on these genuine pair is correct, the frame color, metal hinges, logos, model no. on the arm etc. It's just these genuine lenses are the wrong color. They are really dark gradient and the lenses are quite reflective that they are are almost bordering on flash mirror.
The arm code is correct, so it's worth considering if buying some, that there looks like there are 2 lens versions, but both still "under" the PNY-ST code.
Darker lens version...
View attachment 1591513

Light azure version (model info. on temple tip)...
View attachment 1591516

The copies also have an "inverted" color "C" centre logo...
View attachment 1591517

...As opposed to both originals...
View attachment 1591518 View attachment 1591519

Originals will have the "Optyl" logo too...
View attachment 1591535

All 3 together for comparison...
View attachment 1591520 View attachment 1591521

I suppose there's nothing wrong with the copies as placeholders, or if you are unable to source originals.

Anyway, my much welcomed "3rd attempt" Carrera Champion/P PNY-ST with gradient light azure lenses...
View attachment 1591530 View attachment 1591531 View attachment 1591532
View attachment 1591540 View attachment 1591541
After a panicked sprint upstairs I can confirm mine have all the required elements LOL

Phew!!!!

After a panicked sprint upstairs I can confirm mine have all the required elements LOL

Phew!!!!
Phew!! (y)
Apologies for the panic there!! LOL

Before my new arrivals I thought I might have been the only one who had the wrong ones!!

Membership to Carrera "genuine" club is free, because afterall, we really are all Champions here!!:D

I'm going to have to keep looking i guess... the ones I just bought match UV400's copy pair exactly!
Man, that's a shame, I feel a bit bad now.

I suppose I was in exactly the same boat, I even unknowingly posted mine with my replica RDJ cap quite a while back and it wasn't until I got them back out fairly recently and thought, wait a minute, these don't really look like they do in the RDJ pic.
I did kinda did half suspect they weren't legit, because they felt rather cheap.

We'll keep an eye out for some originals for you dude!! ;)

Not your fault, I just didn't think about fakes, even though intellectually I know there's a lot of that in big name brands. I did look very closely when I bought my Ditas because those I know are famous and have copies, but the majority of the frames are a bit niche. Just have to take extra care on the frames that have world-wide demand I suppose.

UV is at it again for you guys…haha, but dude show us your collection, would love to see it! Also Actually, All of you still active, show your collections of what you have and what you’re missing! Do have glasses I took out, and some I needed lenses changed

Attachments

• FA7F1394-857A-4982-BBF1-E14B285414C7.jpeg
    FA7F1394-857A-4982-BBF1-E14B285414C7.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
Have any pairs you need? Where did you find your tortoise soloists???
Well the soloists all 3 were from Ebay, so just obsessive nerd focusing abilities... for grail pairs you have to check frequently because they sell FAST.
I still need black soloists. Armani 7089 in the right color disappeared by the time I started looking, I really like those. I want multiple colors of the Matsuda aviators...gosh, lots still really if it showed up low-priced. I'd have to check the massive PowerPoint where I compile all our IDs.

UV is at it again for you guys…haha, but dude show us your collection, would love to see it! Also Actually, All of you still active, show your collections of what you have and what you’re missing! Do have glasses I took out, and some I needed lenses changed
Thanks for sharing pics of your awesome collection dude, nice!! (y) (y)

I really can't imagine trying to take a picture of my whole collection, the shot would literally have to be from higher than ceiling height to get them all in!!

I do try though, to post pictures here of my collection individually, as my frames come in, which I can reference later and look up, by using a Google search like, as an example, "The RPF UV400 Paul Smith Devonshire", which in Googles "non-image" main search would for instance, take me straight to p.202 where I posted them.
This saves me trawling through hundreds of pages finding pics of frames that I've previously posted...
20220625_234203.jpg

I kinda thought about/planned this really early on, as I wanted to be able to catalogue/reference my collection here.
This is why (if anyone spotted) I always name my frames "fully" with color code and size etc. in addition to my posted images, so I can find them again on the thread quite easily.

I've been organizing my boxed IM frames collection further, by adding fitted glossy custom sized "reference" insert sheets into each frames own custom presentation box.
I finished every IM frames insert sheets just the other day.
The reference sheets are a custom amended version of the awesome "dwiskus chart" that he so kindly posted here, to also include the goggles & protective eyewear. I made a few adjustments on lens colors etc. and jiggled the frames orders around a bit.
(I only just noticed on the original chart that Initium was spelt "Intium" - (these things happen!!)...
20220625_235608.jpg

Anyway, here's the last batch before they went into their respective presentation boxes...
20220428_120955.jpg

The pic doesn't show it well, but the wording etc. is clear, I painstakingly redone this on Photoshop with the correct font (just slightly larger in size so it's clear on these smaller sheets) it's just my phone's camera being its usual self.
I'll post some pics later of a completed box.

As with my custom info. case cards for my RDJ "non-movie" collection, I felt it really necessary to give an outsider looking at my collection context and reference, if the worst should happen to me.
I have eyewear reference lists, but I needed to have a way of adding these to my actual "physical" collections.

To my family, without organized reference, it would just be a mixed up hoard of sunglasses and glasses!! - The knowledge and background on the frames would worryingly, only be in my head!!.

Instead of trying to picture my whole collection, I'll willingly post pics of any of my non-movie RDJ frames or IM frames collection individually for your reference, just ask dude!! ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back